American Airlines | Syracusefan.com

American Airlines

I almost only fly Delta now. Never an issue.

The wife was on final approach here and they diverted her back to Philly. Has to spend the night, no hotel room provided, and her flight in the morning takes off at 6 am

The wife was on final approach here and they diverted her back to Philly. Has to spend the night, no hotel room provided, and her flight in the morning takes off at 6 am
That's super crappy. Does she have to sleep in the airport? If so, my go to move is to find one of the kid play places and sleep in one of those tubes. Sure, it's likely full of germs, but you're pretty much protected on all sides.

That's super crappy. Does she have to sleep in the airport? If so, my go to move is to find one of the kid play places and sleep in one of those tubes. Sure, it's likely full of germs, but you're pretty much protected on all sides.
I got her a room nearby, but that's next level thinking right there.

Right with you man. American messed up my stroller on a flight from FortMeyers to Philly last night and then had to talk to 6 different people and they all couldn’t give a damn. My wife and I have their credit card but after bag checking issues and this trip, I’m debating canceling and going to a different airlines card.

Right with you man. American messed up my stroller on a flight from FortMeyers to Philly last night and then had to talk to 6 different people and they all couldn’t give a damn. My wife and I have their credit card but after bag checking issues and this trip, I’m debating canceling and going to a different airlines card.
Oh, the people that work in Philly are literally the worst people alive. I loathe that airport.

Oh, the people that work in Philly are literally the worst people alive. I loathe that airport.
Re-Freaking-Tweet
Well, you've seen how their fans behave - this shouldn't be a surprise.
1580044139268.gif

Sucks balls.

That is all.

it’s pretty nice if you’re Executive Platinum. They bend over backwards to kiss my ass. I was United for years but they really suck. Then I was Delta and they were good. I switched to American a few years ago when I moved back to Syracuse and they are ok until you get some status then they’re really good.

it’s pretty nice if you’re Executive Platinum. They bend over backwards to kiss my ass. I was United for years but they really suck. Then I was Delta and they were good. I switched to American a few years ago when I moved back to Syracuse and they are ok until you get some status then they’re really good.
I’m platinum with United. I’ll never switch. I hate everything about American. Plus, I travel to California a bunch. I don’t want to fly to Philly, then Phoenix to get to orange co.

That's kinda funny - a few months ago the lady at the information booth (by the circular food court with the world's worst coffe place, Au Bon Pain, some other crap places), straight up lied to me about something I asked. I forget what it was...but I walked like 1 minute and starting laughing, because I realized she just made up some crap answer and it dawned on me she just made it up. I can't remember what it was though that would have prompted me to actually stop at an information booth!

Last edited:
That's kinda funny - a few months ago the lady at the information booth (by the circular food court with the world's worst coffe place, Au Bon Pain, some other crap places), straight up lied to me about something I asked. I forget what it was...but I walked like 1 minute and starting laughing, because I realized she just made up some crap answer and it dawned on me she just made it up. I can't remember what it was though that I would have stopped at an information booth!
A woman there accused my wife of lying last night. She works for American customer service.

I’m platinum with United. I’ll never switch. I hate everything about American. Plus, I travel to California a bunch. I don’t want to fly to Philly, then Phoenix to get to orange co.

I was on a United red eye from Dubai to DC and someone puked all over the floor around the bathrooms. They didn’t even clean it up. They sprinkled some powder on it and let everyone track through it. The whole plane smelled like a beer can. Not what I expect for a 7G business class seat. I stopped flying United after that unless I have no choice.

I was on a United red eye from Dubai to DC and someone puked all over the floor around the bathrooms. They didn’t even clean it up. They sprinkled some powder on it and let everyone track through it. The whole plane smelled like a beer can. Not what I expect for a 7G business class seat. I stopped flying United after that unless I have no choice.
Nasty

I recently had to fly United through Denver, the plane was a bit late, and had to run to catch a connecting flight. I got there about 12 minutes before takeoff (just outside the 10 minute window) and they literally closed the boarding door in my face, along with a bunch of other connecting folks. Couldn't care less, as they apparently just wanted to get off early (last flight of the night.) Managers could do nothing as there was no mechanical issues, and the gate agents bolted to avoid confrontation. No offered hotel room, and I had to rebook my own connecting flight. Can't stand connecting through Ohare, either, a nightmare waiting to happen...

American often sucks. Philly has always been reliable option for me, go figure. I love going through Charlotte, easily one of my favorite hub's to connect through. The one time my flight plans got interrupted from a storm, the gate agent bent the rules to get me a room at the hotel in the airport and meal vouchers.

The way I look at it, unless you have status flying these days are basically like taking a greyhound in the air.

Just got in to Austin, haven't been here in a few years. Looks like the airport has had major upgrades.

Besides the two weeks following the 737 Max grounding I haven’t had an issue with American. They have more flights out of Syracuse than any other airline, which is the only reason I switched from Delta. I can get to anywhere on the planet from Philly, Chicago and Charlotte. I avoid DCA like the plague Because I hate the airport. Many have said it in this thread that unless you have statues they treat you like cattle now.

All airlines suck. A flight attendant for Delta threatened to have me arrested because he refused to answer my questions when they lost my luggage on a flight back from Miami 3 years ago.

All airlines suck. A flight attendant for Delta threatened to have me arrested because he refused to answer my questions when they lost my luggage on a flight back from Miami 3 years ago.
I had a terrible experience checking luggage through on American. They first claimed to have lost it, until they magically found it after hours of arguing & talking to managers. The when they brought it over the suitcase was trashed and ripped and stuff was missing from it. They acted as if handing my bag and belongings totally ruined was something to be proud of. I never check after that experience, unless I have to.

How did you get around Philly without your stroller?

Normally fly Delta but looks like American will be the choice for family vacation this year. They are 500$ a person cheaper. Not spending an extra 2k for my airline of choice and boy do I hate American.

I've had a Companion Pass with Southwest for the last 4 years. So until I lose that, I'm staying with them. Between that and having no change fees, it can't really be beat for personal travel. Dealing with all the riff raff isn't the best but I'll take it for buy one get one flights. I miss being on the west coast and could take Alaska pretty much anywhere you'd want to go. Never once had a bad experience with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom