Class of 2020 An Early Look at the Top NYS Prospects in the Class of 2020

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
Okay, here is my list of the best prospects in the state in the class of 2020. This is not a list of the best players, but the best prospects. Look like a good year for skilled position players, not so much for linemen.

It is based on how players did on all region teams, what their offers are to date and a review of their film. I am happy to note that far more players have film available for review and the quality of the film continues to improve with each passing year.

I will follow up with more info on the top players later. I have shorter lists for the classes of 2021 and 2022 that will follow.

Enjoy!

Attachments

sutomcat

Staff member

Embarrassing that a state with the population of New York has so few linemen.
I will say that 3 or 4 players emerged out of nowhere after I published my initial list last year to get scholarships to D1 schools. Two were from the same HS, Christ the King in Middle Village.

Jared Harrison-Hunte has offers from at least 12 schools, including Texas A&M, Ole Miss and LSU.

6'5 275 OT Adam El Gammal, who only started playing football recently, is headed to Miami.

Matt Goncalves, a 6'6 307 OL from Long Island, is headed to Pitt.

And Chris Fowx, a 6'6 300 OL from Archbishop Stepinac, is headed to Temple.

We only offered Harrison-Hunte.

I don't know of any good way to identify the best players out of NYC. There were a bunch of All NYC all star teams in the past but I can only find a couple for the Catholic schools these days. I bet a couple of good linemen from NYC emerge in the next 12 months. Probably one or two from upstate NY or Long Island as well.

Last edited:
Great list Tom! Looks like a few more offers out for this class than last years and probably more offers to come.

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
Wow. It is rare to see a Columbia County kid on a list like this. I think the last one was Josh Keyes, a (very) small school kid from Chatham, NY who went to BC as a LB about 8 years ago and has traveled around the League (currently with Houston). You've got to dig down deep to find someone in this neck of the woods with a legitimate shot at DI ball. Good job once again Tom.

sutomcat

Staff member
Wow. It is rare to see a Columbia County kid on a list like this. I think the last one was Josh Keyes, a (very) small school kid from Chatham, NY who went to BC as a LB about 8 years ago and has traveled around the League (currently with Houston). You've got to dig down deep to find someone in this neck of the woods with a legitimate shot at DI ball. Good job once again Tom.
Thank you.

Haydon Broockmann is a great name. He was just named first team all state. I really hope he gets interest from P5 schools. He is a big guy who can run and catch. I have him as the best TE prospect in the state. IMHO, he is definitely a P5 level player.

Haydon, go to one of the Syracuse camps this summer!

sutomcat

Staff member
All the all state teams have been out for a couple of weeks and schools have switched their focus to the classes of 2020, 2021 and even the class of 2022.

Here are my lists, all combined in one pdf. Scroll down for the classes of 2021 and 2022. There are some good QBs coming in 21 and 22.

Attachments

Last edited:

sutomcat

Staff member
Good Stuff Tom. I consult with a coach in Rochester who started a database for coaches with NYS prospects. It allows college coaches of all levels to see names and measurables of top players in the state.

You can follow on twitter here
Prospect NYS (@prospectnys) | Twitter

Check out the website here
https://www.prospectnys.com/
Nice. I saw that 2019 prospect Rayyan Buell of Hornell got a scholarship late from Rutgers, who had another disaster of a recruiting class. Very happy for Rayyan. He is 6’2, 270 pounds and played MIKE in HS. Good athlete who just might end up being a player for the troubled Scarlet Knight program.

money3189

All Conference
Nice. I saw that 2019 prospect Rayyan Buell of Hornell got a scholarship late from Rutgers, who had another disaster of a recruiting class. Very happy for Rayyan. He is 6’2, 270 pounds and played MIKE in HS. Good athlete who just might end up being a player for the troubled Scarlet Knight program.
The kid played RB too. He could be a good player down the road. Despite the coaching lol

reedny

Hall of Fame / 44 Degrees of Consanguinity
Okay, here is my list of the best prospects in the state in the class of 2020. This is not a list of the best players, but the best prospects. Look like a good year for skilled position players, not so much for linemen.

It is based on how players did on all region teams, what their offers are to date and a review of their film. I am happy to note that far more players have film available for review and the quality of the film continues to improve with each passing year.

I will follow up with more info on the top players later. I have shorter lists for the classes of 2021 and 2022 that will follow.

Enjoy!
We will have some space in '20 at RB, since Strictland has exhausted his eligibility and Adams (edit ?) and Neal will be seniors this coming season. Murphy and Constant look like the real deal. Constant might be an early ND lean, but these are the kinds of big, fast runners we need to take the next step.

Last edited:
We will have some space in '20 at RB, since Strictland has exhausted his eligibility and Adams and Neal will be seniors this coming season. Murphy and Constant look like the real deal. Constant might be an early ND lean, but these are the kinds of big, fast runners we need to take the next step.
I wouldnt count on those two signing with Cuse. Things can change but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

We will have some space in '20 at RB, since Strictland has exhausted his eligibility and Adams and Neal will be seniors this coming season. Murphy and Constant look like the real deal. Constant might be an early ND lean, but these are the kinds of big, fast runners we need to take the next step.
Hey board, doesn't Adams have 2 years of eligibility left? He's a Junior, but can play 2 - right?

Top Bottom