Class of 2021 - An Early Look at the Top Prospects in NYS for 2021 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 An Early Look at the Top Prospects in NYS for 2021

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
This list was compiled by looking at many all league, all section and all region teams, and by watching many, many tapes of players.

I am happy to say football recruits in NYS are doing a much better job getting highlight films together, promoting themselves. As always, many of the players listed play other sports, and a number will play another sport in college. Usually lacrosse.

I will make some follow up posts on some of my favorite players in coming weeks.

Enjoy.

Top Prospects in NYS HS Football Class of 2021

Last edited:
Thank you. I look forward to this every year. Looks like we've got a shot to get 3 or 4 of the Top Ten recruits, which would be a plus. Just wish there were more big hosses in the class.
You are welcome. I tried to link the document a different way using iCloud. Might be a good idea. Might not work at all. If you have a chance, let me know if it works for you and if you prefer accessing the data this way.

Update: I see linking to iCloud is not the answer. Maybe I will try Goggle Docs next.

Last edited:
I would love to see Dino pursue Antonio Anderson on staff. Alum, coaches at a good JC right now, and an NYC native.

Thanks for doing this list each year, another unique feature of this board

Very interesting in-state QB talent. Also seems like the past few years NY’s churned out some solid DL talent.

Mike Washington from CNS just got a offer from Colorado State

Mike Washington from CNS just got a offer from Colorado State
Addazio has recruited NY well since he has been a HC. Look for them to recruit NYS a lot harder now that he is the HC there.

I hope the staff takes a look at Lucas Scott. Great size 6’4 250. Listed as an athlete but played rb and mlb his junior year. Over 2500 yards rushing and 40 tds. From a city an hour from Syracuse. Looks like he could potentially play a number of positions.

There are other players that look like they could be good gets for the program. If they do not get an offer I hope they get a camp invite.

Troy Churney, QB Auburn - UB (Buffalo) Jr Day invite / attendee, rumored to receive offer

I hope the staff takes a look at Lucas Scott. Great size 6’4 250. Listed as an athlete but played rb and mlb his junior year. Over 2500 yards rushing and 40 tds. From a city an hour from Syracuse. Looks like he could potentially play a number of positions.

There are other players that look like they could be good gets for the program. If they do not get an offer I hope they get a camp invite.
And has been mentioned before, wrestlers make great linemen and linebackers.

And has been mentioned before, wrestlers make great linemen and linebackers.
I agree. Scott will be a fine player at the P5 level. I hope Syracuse is smart enough to offer him and I hope he accepts that offer. He checks all the boxes.

The tight end from Ichabod Crane just announced he is committed to UAlbany so he was a 2020 kid.
I’m excited to announce my commitment to UAlbany! I look forward to what the future holds and can’t thank everyone enough for all the support. @BillNesselt_UA @CoachByham @UAlbanyFootball Haydon Broockmann on Twitter

The tight end from Ichabod Crane just announced he is committed to UAlbany so he was a 2020 kid.
I’m excited to announce my commitment to UAlbany! I look forward to what the future holds and can’t thank everyone enough for all the support. @BillNesselt_UA @CoachByham @UAlbanyFootball Haydon Broockmann on Twitter
I think he was listed as a 2020 guy.

Glad to hear he got a scholarship. I think if he played for a bigger high school in an area with more visibility, he would have gotten a P5 scholarship. Nice player.

I think he was listed as a 2020 guy.

Glad to hear he got a scholarship. I think if he played for a bigger high school in an area with more visibility, he would have gotten a P5 scholarship. Nice player.
Yes, my mistake. I was looking at the 2020 speadsheet. Yes, Ichabod Crane is not exactly the hotbed for football.

This list was compiled by looking at many all league, all section and all region teams, and by watching many, many tapes of players.

I am happy to say football recruits in NYS are doing a much better job getting highlight films together, promoting themselves. As always, many of the players listed play other sports, and a number will play another sport in college. Usually lacrosse.

I will make some follow up posts on some of my favorite players in coming weeks.

Enjoy.

Top Prospects in NYS HS Football Class of 2021
The Glamos kid grew up on ice skates. I bet his feet are excellent. This is his brother.
Josef Glamos at eliteprospects.com. His dad played hockey in Czechoslovakia, I believe, and mom was a competitive downhill skier.

Last edited:
ESPN just updated their 2021 top 300 and Harris is the only NY kid on the list. Obviously ESPN is the worst of the "experts" but as usual, not going to be building a powerhouse through NY Kids.

Lucas Scott is very interesting
He has offers from West Point and UMass to date and most of the Ivy and Patriot leagues. May be more interested in wrestling in college from some reports. Any team will be lucky to have him.

How/Why did Noah Bodden lose his SU offer?
I am going to assume the new OC/QB coach makes those calls. Maybe Sterlin wasn't impressed with him?

Last edited:
Great news about Moss - and some quick updating by TomCat. It's a nice list ... and there are some good looking upstate prospects still available. There's a RB from W. Genny (Brumfield) that has some speed - not sure if he's P5 material and we're loaded at RB. But DL are at a premium - and I see a couple of kids that might have p5 size: Bonani from Pittsford and Wilson from McQuaid. Also, is the 6'7 OL (Glamos) from B-Ville a p5 prospect?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom