An observation about Tucker last night.., | Syracusefan.com

An observation about Tucker last night..,

Jake

Mod
Early in the game he tried to bounce a play outside the WR seal block and really ran the receiver into a holding penalty. He’s done that A LOT this year.

I think Anae chewed him out about that. The rest of the night he cut inside that same block and got chunk yardage.

He has tried to hit too many home runs this year and cost himself and the team.

Early in the game he tried to bounce a play outside the WR seal block and really ran the receiver into a holding penalty. He’s done that A LOT this year.

I think Anae chewed him out about that. The rest of the night he cut inside that same block and got chunk yardage.

He has tried to hit too many home runs this year and cost himself and the team.
You raise an interesting point. Was it due to an injury (i.e. couldn't make the cut back inside) or simply trying to out run the defense east-west?

You raise an interesting point. Was it due to an injury (i.e. couldn't make the cut back inside) or simply trying to out run the defense east-west?
In previous seasons Tucker was mostly a one-cut runner, stick his foot in the ground and go. This year he seemed to dance rather than cut. Maybe it was injury induced but, at times, it looked like he was doing his best to avoid contact.

Too much east west and not enough north south. He needs to plant and cut back north. Really cost him this year and he left a lot of yards on the field.

He seriously tried to avoid contact this year too running everything out of bounds. I miss the kid who’d lower his shoulder and run over people.

…and he danced a lot this year to that’s not his game.

Last edited:
Too much east west and not enough north south. He needs to plant and cut back north. Really cost him this year and he left a lot of yards on the field.

He seriously tried to avoid contact this year too running everything out of bounds. I miss the kid who’d lower his shoulder and run over people.

He danced a lot this year to that’s not his game.
That jumped out at me last night. Whenever he gets the ball, he goes outside. Is it to avoid contact? Maybe.

He danced a lot this year to that’s not his game.

Agreed

Think if he wasn’t injured, he was avoiding injury the entire season

Think we saw the last of Sean last night. Don’t believe he will be playing in whatever bowl we end up at

I wonder if he got used to running into the back of a pile of humanity early in the year and just felt like he had to bounce everything outside to get anything, then when the blocking has been better he hasn't trusted it. I saw a couple times last night he could've gone north/south earlier.

Last edited:
Agreed

Think we saw the last of Sean last night. Don’t believe he will be playing in whatever bowl we end up at
If he decides to opt out I wish him nothing but the best...but I look forward to watching Allen get more run.

I wonder if he got used to running into the back of a pile of humanity early in the year and just felt like he had to bkunce everything outside to get anything, then when the blocking has been better he hasn't trusted it. I saw a couple times last nignt he could've gone north/south earlier.
Yeah he had one in the 3rd Q I think when he got stuffed for a short loss trying to get outside and if he cut in it's probably an easy 5 or 6 yards.

It might be interesting now with NIL. Are players more obligated to play in bowls?

Agreed

It'll stink to see Shawn go, but Allen will be good.

Watching Sean it just seems he has an ankle injury of some sort that hurts his quick cutting motion. Just my opinion.