Anae and the Offense | Syracusefan.com

Anae and the Offense

I fully unuthat it was only one game. It gosh it was refreshing to see an organized offense, that knew what it was doing and attack the defense. I’m a fan. Now fix the darn penalties.
For the first time since Dino arrived, we used the middle of the field in the passing game. So welcome.

Last edited:
Weirdly enough, we seemed to overcome the offensive line flags.

We couldn't overcome the drops though. Drive killers.

When you factor in the drops, Shrader's passing was even MORE impressive.

He was dialed in.

Need to clean up the OL / false start / illegal formation miscues, and the offense will be even more dangerous. And I believe they can. Last year we started out the same, with an absurd amount of penalties the first couple of games, but then they straightened things out. Need to show the same level of improvement this year.

The aversion to using the center of the field was one of the bigger stumpers in Dino's tenure. It was refreshing to see an organized, diverse, offensive game plan giving our playmakers a chance. Not sure the O line was as great as being portrayed but certainly improved.

For the first time since Dino arrived, we used the middle of the field in the passing game. So welcome.
We used it the first couple years. That's where Philips caught most of his. It became a barren wasteland after. Not sure if it was because he graduated, Lewis left, or the next year when Dungey graduated.

Dr. Bob is recognized by his peers as being one heck of a coach. We haven't had a mind like his running the offense since George D.
What hes accomplished in a very short time is beyond impressive. Coaching matters and hes as good as they come.

Dr. Bob is recognized by his peers as being one heck of a coach. We haven't had a mind like his running the offense since George D.
What hes accomplished in a very short time is beyond impressive. Coaching matters and hes as good as they come.
Hackett has done pretty well for himself…

Only one “what the fcuk” play call and that was on that 3rd and short after they get 24 yards on 2nd and 25. Still don’t know why they didn’t take their time to set up a qb sneak or give it to Tucker. That call gave me flashbacks to many many previous bone headed calls.

Hackett has done pretty well for himself…
But he only got that job because of Marrone… right? I known hind sight is 20/20 but where are we if we give Hackett the keys?

Would love to see what they could do with a top notch receiving TE.
Either that or a guy that can take the top off the defense. Guy like AET would’ve been fantastic complement to this offense. Hoping that one of the younger guys can show something (Foster, Adams, Jones).

Anae scheming receivers open was beautiful to see and so refreshing after the debacle that has been our passing game the last few years. And the really exciting thing is that this is game 1 in the new offense, our guys are only going to get more and more comfortable as the season goes on.

Would love to see what they could do with a top notch receiving TE.
Well now that we’re showing we will utilize them, maybe we can recruit one. Or in the case of Landon Morris, recruit one and hang onto him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom