Anae and the QB Position | Syracusefan.com

Anae and the QB Position

All American
In the interest of premature speculation, conclusion jumping, and wishful thinking:

"We feel those guys are really good athletes," said Anae. "Thats what we do when recruit quarterbacks, first we look at for athleticism. If they are not the starting quarterback or in the quarterback spot, we find other things they can do, and we call them football guys." UVA used four current or former quarterbacks: Brennan Armstrong, Ira Armstead, Jacob Rodriguez and Keytaon Thompson.

IF, big if, Anae/Beck bring in someone like Armstrong and IF he is named QB1, I think that GS will still be on the field as "football player" under the Anae system. I've watched several UVA games from this season. Anae is a master at getting multiple QBs on the field at the same time and using them to do various things, including throw passes.

I am not suggesting that GS will not be QB1. Only pointing out that Anae has a rep of creatively using his talent. I would guess that part of the attraction for Anae and Beck is pairing GS with someone like Armstrong while defenses are trying to focus on Tucker.

In the interest of premature speculation, conclusion jumping, and wishful thinking:

"We feel those guys are really good athletes," said Anae. "Thats what we do when recruit quarterbacks, first we look at for athleticism. If they are not the starting quarterback or in the quarterback spot, we find other things they can do, and we call them football guys." UVA used four current or former quarterbacks: Brennan Armstrong, Ira Armstead, Jacob Rodriguez and Keytaon Thompson.

IF, big if, Anae/Beck bring in someone like Armstrong and IF he is named QB1, I think that GS will still be on the field as "football player" under the Anae system. I've watched several UVA games from this season. Anae is a master at getting multiple QBs on the field at the same time and using them to do various things, including throw passes.

I am not suggesting that GS will not be QB1. Only pointing out that Anae has a rep of creatively using his talent. I would guess that part of the attraction for Anae and Beck is pairing GS with someone like Armstrong while defenses are trying to focus on Tucker.
Very Interesting thought.

How he used Thompson was masterful.

How he used Thompson was masterful.
I am really intrigued by this, especially because defenses will have to account for Tucker while potentially having 2 Qbs on the field. This seems like an ideal match of scheme/creativity for SU and Anae/Beck.

Add in all the presnap motion, unbalanced line sets, and Anae's creativity...the offense will be much more difficult to prepare for than what Gilbert/Dino were doing. Let's hope it's more productive.

I am really intrigued by this, especially because defenses will have to account for Tucker while potentially having 2 Qbs on the field. This seems like an ideal match of scheme/creativity for SU and Anae/Beck.

Add in all the presnap motion, unbalanced line sets, and Anae's creativity...the offense will be much more difficult to prepare for than what Gilbert/Dino were doing. Let's hope it's more productive.
Agree. Im intrigued too.

Let Anae & Beck elevate this offense, through the use of a passing game, in this climate-controlled Dome. Let them bring balance to the offense. And don’t confine them to the boxes that the Syracuse program has, for decades now, refused to think outside of.

Michigan and ND did pretty well using a second running QB this year. If you can take the starter out and put someone better at running in but the other team doesn't know you are going to run that creates a lot of favorable matchups.

GS should do well playing the Buchner/McCarthey role. Hes kind of a perfect fit for that. Maybe some TE.

Michigan and ND did pretty well using a second running QB this year. If you can take the starter out and put someone better at running in but the other team doesn't know you are going to run that creates a lot of favorable matchups.

GS should do well playing the Buchner/McCarthey role. Hes kind of a perfect fit for that. Maybe some TE.
Anae often has the QBs on the field at the same time.

They had a couple of Freshman QBs hit the portal.

Yeah first order of business is THIS obviously. And get an OL that can pas protect
With these hires, we definitely need to finish this recruiting class with players from the portal.
With a new OC, QB, and ST coach we need players who can come in and contribute immediately.
Have to show dramatic improvement on offense, and special teams, get to 8 wins.
Then the next year can be a solid 2nd year, and build from there.

With these hires, we definitely need to finish this recruiting class with players from the portal.
With a new OC, QB, and ST coach we need players who can come in and contribute immediately.
Have to show dramatic improvement on offense, and special teams, get to 8 wins.
Then the next year can be a solid 2nd year, and build from there.
Yeah I agree. I’m ok with GS and ST as the focus, but the OL and WRS need a complete overhaul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom