And a giddy Minneapolis sports writer piles on | Syracusefan.com

And a giddy Minneapolis sports writer piles on

pearl31

in cahoots
We wouldn't normally devote an entire post to a college basketball team that has absolutely no local connections (unless, you know, they started wearing jumpsuits as uniforms or had a pug for a mascot).
But we are compelled to do so with Syracuse because, frankly, we can't recall a season going off the rails quite so spectacularly in a long time.

The whole article is here

We wouldn't normally devote an entire post to a college basketball team that has absolutely no local connections (unless, you know, they started wearing jumpsuits as uniforms or had a pug for a mascot).
But we are compelled to do so with Syracuse because, frankly, we can't recall a season going off the rails quite so spectacularly in a long time.

The whole article is here

I can't really disagree with anything he wrote. I think I would be more concerned if nobody was writing about us.

I can't really disagree with anything he wrote. I think I would be more concerned if nobody was writing about us.

Other than Michigan St. this year?

Oh yea you forgot to mention that in that stretch Keita sprained his knee and is not 100% yet, and Jerami Grant one of our leading scorers and rebounders is out with a back injury. Great journalism. Got all the facts there. But that is ok. Let the world see us that way, so when Jerami is back and healthy and Keita is 100%, which will be Oh come around tournament time, everyone will have forgotten us, and we will be a nobody. Then BOOM!!!

Yeah because Alabama was #2 in the nation in the 2000s recently in January and missed the tournament completely. However, we have never seen a team's season goes off the rails. What a dbag.

They're still upset that their football team lost to a "very bad" Syracuse in the Texas Bowl. HaHa.
And they took it on the chin in Maui as well

The Gophers should focus on the their new B1G eastern equivalent Rutgirls. How boring of a conference can Delaney assemble ?

Unhealthy Michigan State...come on now...

Three of four losses have happened since one of our main contributors went out.

And I seem to remember that one center is out for the year and another is playing on a bad knew with a brace.

Clemson made a habit of starting 15-0 and careening off the rails in the middle of the last decade. And I recall Tennessee doing it kind of recently.

Have to admit, though, ours has been a pretty abrupt fall. We didn't just start 25-0 and drop a few games, we did so against two bad teams. And they weren't miracle wins, either, we've played very poorly in almost every facet of the game.

It's bizarre.

Yeah because Alabama was #2 in the nation in the 2000s recently in January and missed the tournament completely. However, we have never seen a team's season goes off the rails. What a dbag.

They were actually #1.

What about this one? Oy. I think the piling on has just begun; JB didn't exactly endear himself to ACC land early on and there are plenty who are loving this collapse.

That said, I get him being a snarky bully to local media, but to some poor schlub just working his security gig?

Actually this "collapse" is an orchestrated strategy by Boeheim since he knows Cuse is always more dangerous in the NCAAT as an underdog and usually craps it when favored.

Three of four losses have happened since one of our main contributors went out.

And I seem to remember that one center is out for the year and another is playing on a bad knew with a brace.
But most people don't know that because last night was the first DNP for JG. That's also why we won't get a mulligan for 3 of the losses, because even though he didn't play much and was ineffective, he logged minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom