And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors | Syracusefan.com

And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors

Fireball Jr.

All American
GS opens as 6-point favorite for first game of finals, around where I expected. Charles' money may be somewhere else for the series. Wish we didn't have to wait a week to giddy-up!

GS opens as 6-point favorite for first game of finals, around where I expected. Charles' money may be somewhere else for the series. Wish we didn't have to wait a week to giddy-up!

The long wait does suck. I understand the logistical issues but I wonder if Adam Silver will look into future opportunities to improve that. It just stinks to lose the momentum just as a fan- if that makes sense :)

The long wait does suck. I understand the logistical issues but I wonder if Adam Silver will look into future opportunities to improve that. It just stinks to lose the momentum just as a fan- if that makes sense :)
I've got a basketball jones.

I get the sense Silver, et al., were somewhat serious when they said they were going to look into maybe moving up the start of the finals, but I'd imagine only one voice, Disney's, mattered.

Warriors in 5
Certainly possible, but I don't think very probable, I think series is going at least six games. I'm pulling for the Cavs, I see them winning in six or seven.

Surprised Game 7 is scheduled for a Friday this year, not a great TV night. I know they tried to move the start up a few days but they also probably didn't want to mess with the tv schedule.

If Kyrie and Love were ok, you can make the argument for Cleveland. Once Lebron took his 2 weeks off and once they made their trades, they were great. But Golden State has been historically great all year. I'm assuming Klay is fine, if not, different story, but the warriors have been amazing all year and they're as healthy as you could hope for at this point. Also Lebron is off just a little from his peak of 2012 or 2013. I'm still going Warriors in 5.

Once Lebron took his 2 weeks off and once they made their trades, they were great.
Since you brought this up, isn't an in-season vacation really, really weird? Like, when else has that ever happened? And people were totally cool with it. Like, ok, well I guess he just needs some time off.

Since you brought this up, isn't an in-season vacation really, really weird? Like, when else has that ever happened? And people were totally cool with it. Like, ok, well I guess he just needs some time off.

I think he was able to claim an injury (and I'm sure he legit had one, the dude has played an incredible amount of basketball over the last 7 or 8 years). Kinda weird, usually teams will just spot guys a game here or there as they get older. Just amazing when you consider how he looked before the break and after; I'm guessing you see something similar next year also.

I love watching the Warriors play, even more so than the Spurs. It's how basketball should be played. Run, move, pass, take the first good shot.

Should be a good series, but definitely going with GSW. I like their team. They got beat up the last couple games against the Rockets - I hope they are all healthy.

I think he was able to claim an injury (and I'm sure he legit had one, the dude has played an incredible amount of basketball over the last 7 or 8 years). Kinda weird, usually teams will just spot guys a game here or there as they get older. Just amazing when you consider how he looked before the break and after; I'm guessing you see something similar next year also.
He might have been roiding offshore.;)

Hey I know people have made the jokes about him making the trip to Germany like Kobe did...
I wear a tin foil hat as well as anyone, and I wouldn't even bat an eye if it comes out that Lebron and Melo lost so much weight in the offseason because they stopped taking steroids, and Lebron came back and magically played so much better because he got juiced.

I wear a tin foil hat as well as anyone, and I wouldn't even bat an eye if it comes out that Lebron and Melo lost so much weight in the offseason because they stopped taking steroids, and Lebron came back and magically played so much better because he got juiced.

I'm not naive enough to think stuff like that doesn't go on in all sports, but I have a hard time accepting the difference in play could be quite that dramatic. But, I mean, I guess it had to be something. I guess it makes as much sense as just resting rejuvenated him that much.

I'm not naive enough to think stuff like that doesn't go on in all sports, but I have a hard time accepting the difference in play could be quite that dramatic. But, I mean, I guess it had to be something. I guess it makes as much sense as just resting rejuvenated him that much.
He's played more minutes than anyone over the last decade or so, he mighta just needed a little r&r to rest his body, and, maybe more importantly, his mind. Plus, there was a new baby in the house, he very well mighta felt a bit fried, gave his body and his head some rest for two weeks while the team figured out how to jettison Dion and fill some needs, which the Cavs' gm, David Griffin, did quite well.

He's played more minutes than anyone over the last decade or so, he mighta just needed a little r&r to rest his body, and, maybe more importantly, his mind. Plus, there was a new baby in the house, he very well mighta felt a bit fried, gave his body and his head some rest for two weeks
But that's why this is weird - other really good NBA players aren't in a similar boat?

But that's why this is weird - other really good NBA players aren't in a similar boat?

Lebron played in the Olympics in both 2008 and 2012, averaged nearly 39 minutes per game while never missing more than 6 games in a season, plus played the equivalent of an extra season the last 4 years with the playoff runs, averaging nearly 42 minutes per game. Maybe Durant had that kind of workload? I can't imagine anyone else was even close.

Not saying it's necessarily that cut and dried, but I imagine he's played more high level basketball than anyone over the last 3,4,5, pick your number, of years.

Thompson concussion
Klay, not Tristan.

I realize concussion symptoms may take a while to manifest, but bad call on Warriors part rushing Klay back into game the other night after he got kicked in the head and blood was coming out of his ear. I didn't go to medical school, but I have to believe blood coming out of the ear is never a good sign.

Klay, not Tristan.

I realize concussion symptoms may take a while to manifest, but bad call on Warriors part rushing Klay back into game the other night after he got kicked in the head and blood was coming out of his ear. I didn't go to medical school, but I have to believe blood coming out of the ear is never a good sign.
Eh. If he was kicked in the other side of the head and blood came out that ear maybe. He was kicked in the ear so not surprising.

Klay, not Tristan.

Too much time until game one. He'll be in there. Time off helps the Warriors here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom