and Woody's 3 at the end also was great | Syracusefan.com

and Woody's 3 at the end also was great

It’s on him. We don’t owe him anything. He has to earn it. He might want to text Goodine before making a decision.
I agree, but sometimes kids need guidance. The coaches know him and can see what’s right in front of him in the coming years.

I think Goodine would be the 4th guard for the foreseeable future here too.

Woody could be starter/6th man. I’m thinking sophomore Kris Joseph type potential next year.

I agree, but sometimes kids need guidance. The coaches know him and can see what’s right in front of him in the coming years.

I think Goodine would be the 4th guard for the foreseeable future here too.

Woody could be starter/6th man. I’m thinking sophomore Kris Joseph type potential next year.
Hes definitely a kid you don't want to see transfer. Its so obvious to everyone that the talent is there. He genuinely looked happy last night and hopefully he can picture himself being a part of this program going forward and having success. If fricken covid wasn't around and these kids got to experience the dome and a regular March madness it would certainly help. Really hope the coaches can talk him into sticking it out.

What does that even mean? He sat Newton for a reason. He’s supposed to apologize for that? Say he made a mistake? Promise more PT just because?
If the rumored blow up is the primary reason Woody is leaving, I would hope JB sits down with him after the season ends and attempts to talk things out. Maybe it won’t work, maybe Newton really wants to move on. But in a situation where we’re taking about a potentially immature college student, and a HOF coach, I’d like to think JB will offer an olive branch.

People bring up Goodine's name as if he's some sort of cautionary tale. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall, and wanted to be closer to home.

Yes, he didn't get much PT on a mediocre team. But why did he see the floor for us, in some big moments?

As for Newton, the kid does look like he can play. It'd be a shame if he left, IMO.

If the rumored blow up is the primary reason Woody is leaving, I would hope JB sits down with him after the season ends and attempts to talk things out. Maybe it won’t work, maybe Newton really wants to move on. But in a situation where we’re taking about a potentially immature college student, and a HOF coach, I’d like to think JB will offer an olive branch.
Ideally, yes.

There was a blow up, but I think it’s more the playing time as the reason he leaves. I think Newton can be a great player, but the days of James Southerland staying until he plays his JR year are over. If one of Griffin or QG are back, and the rumors about Buddy‘s brother are true it’s hard to see where Newton fits next year with the amount of front court depth we will have. I didn’t even mention Benny or Braswell above. He could end up being 5th in the pecking order if he returns.

Last edited:
I don’t know what happened. Haven’t heard any rumors. All I know is he scrubbed his social media and people close to the program say he’s gone.

Over Woody? Over Braswell? Who would you start over him?
Braswell. Griffin may have a higher ceiling, but at least with Braswell, you know you'll get solid D, and intensity.

Edited to add: maybe Griffin is awesome in practice.

Let's say there are 351 D-1 head coaches. How many of them would take Griff out of the starting line up right now and insert a guy that hasn't started all year?
I wouldn't expect any coach to do so. Just responding to the "earn your PT" post.

I don't think even the staunchest JB defender will say that they know what to expect out of Griffin from one game to the next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom