and Woody's 3 at the end also was great | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

and Woody's 3 at the end also was great

I'm losing of track of all of the rumored departures. At various points this year, I've read here that the following are leaving after the season:
-QG
-Marek
-Sidibe
-Woody
-Braswell
-Griffin

Anyone else?
According to somebody on this board..can’t remember who...Edwards and Anselem are 100% gone

I think this makes sense.

If everyone goes he's an obvious rotation guy and possible starter alongside Benny (I'm assuming Benny starts).

If even one forward stays though, it's an uphill climb to PT.

My understanding when Woody came in was that he expected he might need to develop a bit before he saw the floor much. Then it turned out when he saw minutes that he could contribute ahead of schedule. Kind of created a problem if it changed expectations.

I will say, if the cost to get one year of Jimmy is Woody's future, that seems like a bad trade to make.
I’ll take Woody over Jimmy anyday.

All second /third hand info but I heard it all depends on what Q and Griff do
Woody has a chance to make a living playing bball. If Q and Marek leave he will see plenty of PT. If they return he should transfer.

If the rumored blow up is the primary reason Woody is leaving, I would hope JB sits down with him after the season ends and attempts to talk things out. Maybe it won’t work, maybe Newton really wants to move on. But in a situation where we’re taking about a potentially immature college student, and a HOF coach, I’d like to think JB will offer an olive branch.

If Boeheim is not going to carry his weight in recruiting, he should at least be doing more to keep the kids we get on the roster.

I think this makes sense.

If everyone goes he's an obvious rotation guy and possible starter alongside Benny (I'm assuming Benny starts).

If even one forward stays though, it's an uphill climb to PT.

My understanding when Woody came in was that he expected he might need to develop a bit before he saw the floor much. Then it turned out when he saw minutes that he could contribute ahead of schedule. Kind of created a problem if it changed expectations.

I will say, if the cost to get one year of Jimmy is Woody's future, that seems like a bad trade to make.
the one year of Jimmy playing here is more appealing then woody's future to one person imo

If Boeheim is not going to carry his weight in recruiting, he should at least be doing more to keep the kids we get on the roster.
Doesn't that kind of contradict there? If the players he is getting aren't good enough how can you complain about them not playing? I don't remember exactly where Woody was in the rankings but he was barely in the top 150. How many of those guys get much pt as a Freshman?

Doesn't that kind of contradict there? If the players he is getting aren't good enough how can you complain about them not playing? I don't remember exactly where Woody was in the rankings but he was barely in the top 150. How many of those guys get much pt as a Freshman?

No. If it was 2003, I wouldn't give all this a second thought. But if recruiting talent has become more difficult, then the 76-year old coach can't act like we can just replace this guy or these guys like it's 2003 so who cares. Clearly we can't just chase talent off anymore and not pay for it. All you have to do is look at the recruiting results and the developmental busts. The assistants have an impossible job right now.

No. If it was 2003, I wouldn't give all this a second thought. But if recruiting talent has become more difficult, then the 76-year old coach can't act like we can just replace this guy or these guys like it's 2003 so who cares. Clearly we can't just chase talent off anymore and not pay for it. All you have to do is look at the recruiting results and the developmental busts. The assistants have an impossible job right now.
I'm down on recruiting too and a few weeks ago the it's time for jb to step down crowd including myself had a point but is now the time to get on that train?

I'm down on recruiting too and a few weeks ago the it's time for jb to step down crowd including myself had a point but is now the time to get on that train?

I'm going to enjoy the tournament but none of the problems of a few weeks ago have disappeared.

Given the insight we get from these Devendorf podcasts, I’m sure he will. Just listen to Scoop’s story if you haven’t heard it.

This is fantastic stuff. I don’t doubt that JB will talk to Woody, if he hasn’t already. My only point, made to someone who said it was all on Woody, is that while that may be satisfying to say, when you’re dealing with volatile 18 and 19 year olds, you gotta engage and give them a chance to learn. I’m sure JB will, or has.

This is fantastic stuff. I don’t doubt that JB will talk to Woody, if he hasn’t already. My only point, made to someone who said it was all on Woody, is that while that may be satisfying to say, when you’re dealing with volatile 18 and 19 year olds, you gotta engage and give them a chance to learn. I’m sure JB will, or has.
Awesome. I hope Devo gets a chance when Red takes over i think he would be an amazing coach.

Braswell. Griffin may have a higher ceiling, but at least with Braswell, you know you'll get solid D, and intensity.

Edited to add: maybe Griffin is awesome in practice.

Intensity is the one thing I don't think we ever have to worry about with Griffin. He needs to mellow out, if anything. The kid had 7 blocks in a game. He fights hard defensively, and on the glass. Just needs to calm down offensively, and not force things. It will be huge if he can play within the team against WVU. We are really going to need it because we can't just hope Buddy comes out guns blazing every game. The three Gs need to come to play.

I'm going to enjoy the tournament but none of the problems of a few weeks ago have disappeared.
What is it you want from this program? I want them to make the tournament as much as possible and do some damage.

I would assume Marek is gone. What else does he have to prove? Jimmy plays a different position if he really is coming.
As for Woody it wasn’t as if he came in as a highly ranked recruit. Was he really expecting to play that much this year? Didn’t he view himself as a four-year player which he still can be after basically redshirting this year With the extra year of eligibility.
He should stay and work hard as a three and likely be starting here in two years.
I think outside of Kadary, Woody might be the highest rated recruit on the roster.

What is it you want from this program? I want them to make the tournament as much as possible and do some damage.

Same as what Wildhack just said he wants. Top 25 team and protected seeds in the tournament. You know, what we used to be and should be again. If you want many and consistent tourney runs, that's the best way.

If there is a break right now, its above my paygrade, but I think the emergence of Jesse and Bras, as SO, and rsSO, who shared the bench with them the first half of the year, has to be encouraging, and placing at least a thought of...maybe it can be done, in his head.

Same as what Wildhack just said he wants. Top 25 team and protected seeds in the tournament. You know, what we used to be and should be again. If you want many and consistent tourney runs, that's the best way.
Yeah? How’d that work out for Illinois, Ohio State, Texas, Virginia, Purdue, and West Virginia?

The tournament matters most. I couldn’t care less about rankings and seeds at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom