Andre the Giant documentary | Syracusefan.com

Andre the Giant documentary

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
If you grew up in the 70's you will appreciate it. Even people that only know him from "The Princess Bride" should find it incredibly interesting. They talk a lot about how hard it was being that size, how much he could drink and how incredible his flatulence was.

You got me at flatulence
Big man=big farts. It's actually sad that the disease that caused him to grow so big also caused him to die young and he was in a lot of pain everyday due to the physical nature of wrestling (fake or not). And because of his size he was never able to live a normal day.

Apparently in Japan they didn’t have large enough bathrooms so Andre had to poop in a comforter.

Ric Flair - "No lie, Andre and I one night drank 106 beers. 106."

I can't quote Meathead, because I'll butcher the spelling of the wine, but he said one day on the set of The Princess Bride, he started drinking at 9 am, and went through 20 bottles. He kept saying no exaggeration.

Not human.

The best part was Hogan basically admitting he had no clue Andre would put him over.
The Big Show had the same ailment as Andre but had the surgery it to take care of it.
Too bad Andre went out the way he did with Vince. Reading Bret Hart’s book Vince Jr. didn’t treat Andre with the same respect Vince Sr. did. That wasn’t in the documentary as HBO needed the footage from WWE in cooperation.

I actually know the guy who was Andre’s handler his name is Tim White. He owned a pub in the town over from my hometown in Cumberland, Rhode Island the Friendly Tab.
He said Andre was miles better than HBK he also was the handler for. That was boozed our ahole HBK.
He said Andre once went to this all you could buffet and the owners had to shut it down because of how much food Andre ate and wouldn’t stop until he was full.

The best part was Hogan basically admitting he had no clue Andre would put him over.
The Big Show had the same ailment as Andre but had the surgery it to take care of it.
Too bad Andre went out the way he did with Vince. Reading Bret Hart’s book Vince Jr. didn’t treat Andre with the same respect Vince Sr. did. That wasn’t in the documentary as HBO needed the footage from WWE in cooperation.

I actually know the guy who was Andre’s handler his name is Tim White. He owned a pub in the town over from my hometown in Cumberland, Rhode Island the Friendly Tab.
He said Andre was miles better than HBK he also was the handler for. That was boozed our ahole HBK.
He said Andre once went to this all you could buffet and the owners had to shut it down because of how much food Andre ate and wouldn’t stop until he was full.

I was going to say my favorite part was Hogan pretending he had no idea Andre was gonna put him over.

I was going to say my favorite part was Hogan pretending he had no idea Andre was gonna put him over.

Top 15 Outrageous Claims Made By Hulk Hogan

I will say I have read some of Hogan’s crazy lies in the past.

Among claims he has made is he wrestled 400 times a year because of the time zones.

He out-partied with John Belushi in 1986.

Metallica offered him the base guitar position.

He turned down the George Foreman grill.

He had an affair with Dolly Parton.

He sweat so much he had 100 belts.

Andre the Giant died 3 days after WM 3 and it tore every muscle in his back.

Top 15 Outrageous Claims Made By Hulk Hogan

I will say I have read some of Hogan’s crazy lies in the past.

Among claims he has made is he wrestled 400 times a year because of the time zones.

He out-partied with John Belushi in 1986.

Metallica offered him the base guitar position.

He turned down the George Foreman grill.

He had an affair with Dolly Parton.

He sweat so much he had 100 belts.

Andre the Giant died 3 days after WM 3 and it tore every muscle in his back.

There are just so many. I think he claimed Undertaker hurt him with a tombstone...in the 1970's.

The foreman grill one is great, I think his story is the company called Hogan to offer him the deal, but he was picking his kids up so he couldn't answer the phone, so instead of, you know, waiting for Hogan to call them back, they just moved to the next guy on their list and offered it to Foreman

I liked how much Andre hated the mouthy ones like Macho Man and the Iron Sheik. Saying he screamed at Savage, “no baby oil!” And they thought he might kill the Iron Sheik. Or Big John Studd running past Vince and Vince saying where are you going? Studd said he’s going to kill me!

He played by his own rules but knew what the right thing was (like putting Hulk over).

I liked how much Andre hated the mouthy ones like Macho Man and the Iron Sheik. Saying he screamed at Savage, “no baby oil!” And they thought he might kill the Iron Sheik. Or Big John Studd running past Vince and Vince saying where are you going? Studd said he’s going to kill me!

He played by his own rules but knew what the right thing was (like putting Hulk over).

I liked the Princess Bride cast interviews. It was sad to hear he couldn’t catch Robin Wright because of how broken down his body was.

Ric Flair’s references to his ring and foot size were also hilarious.

Ric Flair - "No lie, Andre and I one night drank 106 beers. 106."

I can't quote Meathead, because I'll butcher the spelling of the wine, but he said one day on the set of The Princess Bride, he started drinking at 9 am, and went through 20 bottles. He kept saying no exaggeration.

Not human.

It was Beaujolais nouveau.

Courtesy of Jarhead Jim's NSFW thread:

4-jpg.126774

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online