1. If you are getting script errors or redirects, please click here and switch to the "Alternate Style." You can dismiss this notice by clicking the little x at the top right of this box. If you still have a problem, email me at: tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Discussion in 'Basketball Recruiting Forum' started by normaliswear, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dasher

dasher Living Legend

You know what I think the problem is here? I think it is that White never speaks. If White had said after the syracuse visit, boy I loved it but I want to visit other schools. I want to go visit Michigan State. I want to visit Miami. maybe one or two others. I have to get this right. I will have a decision by say 8/20/. No one here would be freaking out. The process would be playing itself out. But the lack of any statements has us filling in the blanks. And the right answers rarely come from people on the outside filling in the blanks.

2. jsshap

jsshap Scout Team

My view is this - if the staff has decided AW woukd be important piece to this team and players know he is coming or are virtually certain, bring him on. If players are unclear re his status and thus are left to speculate re the team and their own role at this late stage, I would rather move on, particularly if the delay is related to assurances re time, shots, etc. I assume it's the former but I do not agree it's a get at all costs situation. I call tell you that VCU was not fawning over him and did not envision him going there and playing 30+ minutes.

3. orangefog

orangefog All American

That would definitely help, but the fundamental issue is people's impatience. The young man has a very important decision to make. It is not life or death, but it is his future.

RoatanCuse, Jasoncuse and RF2044 like this.
  4. normaliswear

normaliswear Starter

If Quade Green announced he would be making his decision within a month we'd all be excited at the short timeframe. One way or another we will know if AW3 is Orange by 8/29, 9/6 at the absolute crazy latest, and very possibly sooner. All the recruiting is done... now we just have to wait for the result.

Jasoncuse, MSOrange, Shenexon and 2 others like this.
  5. AlaskaSU

AlaskaSU All Conference

Apparently, they are not out.

Banion likes this.
  6. DoctorBombay

DoctorBombay All Conference

AW owes us nothing. We are not privy to the goings on between he & the staff, so all we are left to do is speculate.
    Personally, I just want this done so I can have some idea of what the team will look like next year, with and without AW. Regardless of the reason, it just seems odd to have this dragged out this much. JMHO

7. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 Hall of Fame

At this point in the game it's highly unlikely White finds any new schools to visit. If he does, that school won't have as much talent as us.

8. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 Hall of Fame

He publicly eliminated MSU two weeks ago.

9. 007

007 All Conference

I think it's interesting that JB mentioned in his most recent blog from Rio that Red and Gerry are holding down the fort, all is well, and the staff has "finished" with recruiting. I'm not reading anything into that other than JB seems comfortable with however things stand at this point.

reedny, RF2044 and Shenexon like this.
  10. Jeremy L.

Jeremy L. Starter

I believe we all want him. My assumption is that people believe if he's set on Syracuse (which according to sources he is), what is the hold up? Why wait if you've taken every visit you have and weighed all options to announce? From there, people are guessing he's carrying baggage and is acting a bit of a drama queen by waiting to decide. If that's what they think, they personally don't want that attitude on our team.

Me personally? I want him at Syracuse as much as the next guy. But my gut is telling me he's being held back by SOMETHING. Doesn't mean I believe he won't end up wearing orange but if there weren't another school that he also has some interest in, he'd probably have given a verbal by now.

Banion, Briancuse and cuseattle like this.
  11. AZOrange

AZOrange Hall of Fame

Yeah I totally agree

MSOrange, RF2044 and Jeremy L. like this.
  12. Jasoncuse

Jasoncuse All Conference

Why does it matter if other players are aware of his potential role at this point? They know he's a double digit scorer from a major conference who can drain the 3. Anybody can guess what his role would be. Who cares what VCU thinks? I don't get why they matter.

I don't get why anybody would feel the staff should move on. If AW is making demands and basically forcing their hand, that's one thing, but we have nothing to base that on. All we have is speculation and a kid that is taking his time. Why can't it just be that?

13. Jasoncuse

Jasoncuse All Conference

EXACTLY. Why would he have to come out and say anything? This is his decision and he has every right to take his time and keep it close to the vest. Why people freak out about every passing day is beyond me...

orangefog likes this.
  14. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

I don't view curiosity as freaking out. I think that many (most?) posters believe that White's addition might make next year's squad a top 5 caliber team, and hence are getting anxious with the lack of information, given that it was suggested weeks ago that this was a done deal.

cuserulesall and Banion like this.
  15. cliftonparksufan

cliftonparksufan 2016 Iggy Winner

I personally feel based on what others have said or haven't said that AW3 has already made up his decision. Now, it is possible, that his father wants him to change his decision and that might be the holdup. Or, maybe that is just a theory and AW3 has already told the coaches that he is coming but it just hasn't leaked out yet which is hard to believe in twitterverse. Oh sorry, I was speculating.

upload_2016-8-9_12-8-41.jpeg

16. Jasoncuse

Jasoncuse All Conference

Speculate all you want. I'm talking about the people that want to move on from him based on that speculation or don't want to let the process play out...

RF2044 and MSOrange like this.
  17. normaliswear

normaliswear Starter

I don't get any of the "let's move on" or "maybe we don't even want the guy" stuff. If an hour from now AW3 tweets that he's happy to be Orange and can't wait to work towards a NC at Syracuse this season will there really be anyone here saying we shouldn't take him and should reject his commitment? I am a little frustrated too... especially on the heels of TT, but this isn't a kid smacking his girlfriend and driving drunk. He's taking longer than I would selfishly like to commit to SU. If he ends up Orange I'll be thrilled. Of course... if he goes elsewhere... I'm gonna be all kinds of "screw that guy" childish ;).

Quixotic, jordoo, Jasoncuse and 8 others like this.
  18. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

Great post.

mark79 and normaliswear like this.
  19. Orangeman13

Orangeman13 Starter

Miami is also out...

20. Briancuse

Briancuse Living Legend

Based on what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.