Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't seen this here before. I figure we've said everything there is to be said until he actually commits... probably four or five times. So if ya want to get a little dumber or just feel your eyes haven't rolled enough this week... feel free to read why having the Heat down the road and Miami's much better team around him this year make Miami a better landing spot. Why Miami is the Best Fit for Hoops Transfer Andrew White :crazy:

Miami is out.

Hadn't seen this here before. I figure we've said everything there is to be said until he actually commits... probably four or five times. So if ya want to get a little dumber or just feel your eyes haven't rolled enough this week... feel free to read why having the Heat down the road and Miami's much better team around him this year make Miami a better landing spot. Why Miami is the Best Fit for Hoops Transfer Andrew White :crazy:

Good gravy...I really wish us, as fans...would leave that crap alone. Reading the comments the Cuse fan trying to prove them all wrong sounds like an arrogant a$$, which then paints all Cuse fans in that light. I hate that. Not saying he/she isn't right...but duh, who cares what an obvious fan biased article says about Miami basketball?

Good gravy...I really wish us, as fans...would leave that crap alone. Reading the comments the Cuse fan trying to prove them all wrong sounds like an arrogant a$$, which then paints all Cuse fans in that light. I hate that. Not saying he/she isn't right...but duh, who cares what an obvious fan biased article says about Miami basketball?
Yeah I don't know why anyone would bother to reply. Doesn't help anyone. I just like to have all info available, including what non-cuse sources are saying.

The reality is that some people really, really want to be liked and there is not much that will get you more "likes" on this board than passing along promising news that few others have. That said, it's not difficult to see how some might really enjoy the status as an insider. In fact, they might enjoy it so much that they begin overstating what is told to them (by their source) in an effort to maintain their status. Oh yeah... I'm not necessarily referring to anyone specifically.

True, but if Aw goes elsewhere he will be the most hated poster on the board, I don't think he is posting these things to gain popularity.

From the info posted here, if he was going to Miami, he would committed after his visit.
Suppose you were a Miami fan. Would you not be saying that if he was going to the Cuse he would have committed right after his visit to the Cuse?
There is a world of difference between first hand and second hand knowledge, ie hearsay.
He might be coming here but I would not bet the ranch. Obviously, he thinks that he has options other than Syracuse.

Suppose you were a Miami fan. Would you not be saying that if he was going to the Cuse he would have committed right after his visit to the Cuse?
There is a world of difference between first hand and second hand knowledge, ie hearsay.
He might be coming here but I would not bet the ranch. Obviously, he thinks that he has options other than Syracuse.

I wouldn't have a good feeling about him coming to the U, it doesn't sound like he wants to go there.

He has said nothing one way or the other. Hearsay is not admissible evidence.
Well, we have it from someone with inside contacts that said a week ahead of the MSU announcement that MSU was out. Although I never believed him that AW coming to SU was a done deal, I believe him that Miami is out.

Maybe he's looking for a deal overseas to play for pay??

Maybe.

Not outside of the realm of possibility.
That's what I wonder as well. However, pay for play will always be there for him, and this is his chance to play for the NC at SU. Then, if he still doesn't make the NBA after that , European teams would take him in a heartbeat.

I love our team too but if Moyer has to take a shirt and we don't net White, all of a sudden we are down to 8 again.

Why would Moyer "have" to take a shirt?
The season doesn't start for like what, 3 months? You can recover from almost anything in that amount of time.

And even if he's not ready on Day 1, then you take it day by day, and hope he's available by the time the conference games roll around.
JB is a short-timer now - I don't think he's gonna play the long game and redshirt anybody who could help him win today.

Why would Moyer "have" to take a shirt?
The season doesn't start for like what, 3 months? You can recover from almost anything in that amount of time.

And even if he's not ready on Day 1, then you take it day by day, and hope he's available by the time the conference games roll around.
JB is a short-timer now - I don't think he's gonna play the long game and redshirt anybody who could help him win today.

We have no clue what the injury is or its severity. If he's not going to be ready to practice until November, maybe he's so far behind that he's shut down.

I will say that Moyer is a very optimistic guy but he really doesn't seem worried...

That's what I wonder as well. However, pay for play will always be there for him, and this is his chance to play for the NC at SU. Then, if he still doesn't make the NBA after that , European teams would take him in a heartbeat.
Last I heard, stores still take cash.

One thing that we do know is that this whole thing is about Andrew White increasing his chances of making an NBA team next year. That said, I don't see how playing overseas helps his draft status. In fact, I think he would be better off staying at Nebraska than playing for some country where the coverage is very limited. Like the TT saga, the longer we have to wait the more we seem to complicate things. It seems to me that any other school that would compete with us for White would have already made a move. It seems highly unlikely that the White camp is holding out for a better situation. Something that is often forgotten, White really doesn't have a whole of leverage here. I really believe we got this.

Nicknack I think we've got this too, but What is the reason for the wait? It's really making less sense every day.

I've never believed the JB is in Rio excuse, but is it possible White's father wants one last face-to-face with JB before signing off? The problem with that theory is it would have to be on the Whites' dime. I'm reaching at this point.

Orangeman13, what say ye? What have you for the status du jour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom