Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicknack I think we've got this too, but What is the reason for the wait? It's really making less sense every day.

I've never believed the JB is in Rio excuse, but is it possible White's father wants one last face-to-face with JB before signing off? The problem with that theory is it would have to be on the Whites' dime. I'm reaching at this point.

Only problem with that theory is [and not attributing this to you, V--just talking hypothetically]: let's just say White's father wants one last face-to-face. Do they have to wait until after the Olympics? And if they don't get the answers they might be looking for, then what? School would be starting in days--not many options for them to explore at that point.

Hopefully, it is a done deal like 013 has claimed. But I will continue to feel some minor anxiety until the deal is formalized. Not suggesting that AW3 is a world beater, but his addition would fill a lot of roster holes / quesetion marks singlehandedly. He'd make our team significantly better next year.

image.jpeg
RF2044 well, if he we wants that face-to-face with JB, he has to wait until after Rio, unless White can take this to the cruise ship the Olympic team is staying on.

Nicknack I think we've got this too, but What is the reason for the wait? It's really making less sense every day.

I've never believed the JB is in Rio excuse, but is it possible White's father wants one last face-to-face with JB before signing off? The problem with that theory is it would have to be on the Whites' dime. I'm reaching at this point.

JB just told syracuse.com that it's hard to to get news in Rio. We are dealing with a 71-year-old. He may be searching the cruise ship for the fax edition of the International Herald Tribune.

lf JB thought he needed one more face to face, he would get on a plane, sleep on the 12 hour flight, meet them and do the same back. Been to Brazil many times, easy to use phone and computer. My guess is the kid is just enjoying his last summer of college and is waiting until the last minute so he can stay home with family and friends.

Anyone know if he's taking another visit this weekend?

I will say that Moyer is a very optimistic guy but he really doesn't seem worried...

Not how I read his sentence but grammatically it's a bit of mess so it's hard to know for sure. I've heard that he broke his foot in a pick-up game.

I've heard sprained. Is broke new information?

Not how I read his sentence but grammatically it's a bit of mess so it's hard to know for sure. I've heard that he broke his foot in a pick-up game.
Yup, most likely needs surgery

Tagging this for the latest AW3 updates.

Yeah, I agree 100% with you in that this is definitely a head scratcher.

Let's take a slightly different tactic here for a moment... what could be the easiest explanation? Maybe Boeheim told him that when he returns from Rio, they will wrap this up and a decision can be announced. Maybe this really is a done deal already and the only people having anxiety over an announcement is us.

Let's take a slightly different tactic here for a moment... what could be the easiest explanation? Maybe Boeheim told him that when he returns from Rio, they will wrap this up and a decision can be announced. Maybe this really is a done deal already and the only people having anxiety over an announcement is us.
I think it's time to be patient. Speculation is futile and breeds frustration and we know what that does to these threads.

That's probably a good summary of what's going on. There's really no other apparent reason for the delay, since he could commit notwithstanding admission/registration/transcript process. There's also no special rush until classes are to start, so the Rio explanation seems as plausible as any.

I think it's time to be patient. Speculation is futile and breeds frustration and we know what that does to these threads.

Yeah, it makes them interesting!

I kid! But yes, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to see this thing continue to drag out without any developments. Just need to keep waiting it out and see what happens in the end.

If it's done, why the visits elsewhere?

If it's done, why the visits elsewhere?

I don't know, obviously. However, I'll provide an answer even though it's just a guess.

In an effort to keep in line with the simplest explanation since I don't know the answer to your question...

What I said earlier still stands - Both sides agree to wrap this up when Boeheim returns from Rio. The White camp are okay with this but explain that they may take another visit (for various reasons). They visit Miami and not suprisingly, SU is still the best destination and now Andrew waits until Boeheim is back to make the announcement.

I don't think this was decided (by the White camp) until after Boeheim left for Rio. Now that they have (just my guess) they now wait until he gets back.

We were told he is close to a coach at Miami. Maybe he felt obligated to at least visit, out of respect?
There are rumors that White promised both MSU and Miami he would visit and was simply fulfilling those promises.

Miami starts classes the 22nd... not that it should matter VCU starts the 25th. Ya have to think the later it goes the more it looks like cuse. Unless it goes PAST the 29th lol.

It's hard to get clean water in Brazil. I could see wi-fi being spotty.

My last of 25+ Rio trips was almost ten years ago. Wifi, even then, was better than "spotty."

If i were the Senior White and wanted a "face-to-face" to get confirmation of any types of arrangements before 'authorizing' a commitment, i'd prolly do it via Skype, and record the whole thing...

If he's waiting for something else — another type of thing that might be handled 'face to face,' i'd hope he would be waiting a long time. Like, infinity.

Whatever the reason/s, this is all ridiculous. It's not even such a critical decision for AWIII. KD took less time to commit to Golden State, and that was a matter of a lot of money and a professional reputation. If AWIII is good enough to be drafted by the NBA, he should be able to go to MSU, Miami, or SU without a guarantee, do his work, and make his mark. If he can't make a notable dent in those places, the location is pretty much irrelevant. I think, admittedly as a clueless outsider, that he should have had a better headstart on a firm plan before jumping. I recognize deadlines propelled his filing for transfer, but, it seems like he said, "i'm out" before knowing if his options would indeed be better than the status quo. Must have been a very bad situation in Nebraska. I would think that choosing a team now, sooner rather than at the last possible moment, would be in his best interests. Getting on campus, and solidifying his part of the team, and making positive impressions so that playing time isn't going to be decided based on guesswork/faith... that kind of thing seems as important as which school he chooses.

Was there any info on why he chose Nebraska to begin with? Coming out of Kansas, couldn't he have chosen a more 'resumé-friendly' destination, since that seems like such a critical factor for him now? Was Nebraska ever considered to be an NCAA team with potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom