Android Problem | Syracusefan.com

Android Problem

City of Cuse

Starter
Anyone else getting Google play store pop-ups when loading Syracusefan pages. Does not happen on any other website except this one. Started a couple days ago.

Anyone else getting Google play store pop-ups when loading Syracusefan pages. Does not happen on any other website except this one. Started a couple days ago.

I started getting that randomly on my Android over the past 3-4 days. I don't think it was necessarily while on Syracusefan - but not 100% sure about that.

Thanks for the response, it's weird maybe it just acts up when I am on this site. Hopefully it goes away, it is annoying.

Heyy, I just got a tablet from At&t, noticed this same thing. I kind of just assumed it was because there is an app for the site, and it wanted me to download it. Was driving me nuts tho.

I gave up trying to use the site on my Samsung tablet. Turns out it also does it on thechive.com.

There is an app for that site too, so I wonder if that is the issue

Please let me know if it is better today.

It is still happening as of this morning and it does appear to happen only when on this site (still not 100% sure on that). It happens A Lot. It is always the same thing that comes up from Google Play ... some kids game named Kandy Korn it keeps wanting me to install.

how many of you use tapatalk?

I use Tapatalk on my iPhone. All of a sudden this morning it doesn't work and says there is a network error. I have to go to web view which is messy on a phone. I use Tapatalk for 2 other forums and all is well on those so I don't think it is Tapatalk.

Working now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this site! I wouldn't be the SU fan I am today without all of the knowledge and info on this website. I will test it tonight when I get home from work.

I don't use tapatalk - hate paying for apps - and it has happened to me today on my phone. Trys to get me to download candy crush. Two pop ups each time.

Trys to get me to download candy crush.

Two pop ups each time.

Isn't Candy Crush a po rn star?

Still doing it. And its candy crush saga, not anything pron related beesm

FWIW a lot of ipad/iphone users have reported adds in Safari that are popping open the app store and prompting for the download of Candy Crush.

It would seem there is something going on much bigger than just this website or a specific platform.

FWIW a lot of ipad/iphone users have reported adds in Safari that are popping open the app store and prompting for the download of Candy Crush.

It would seem there is something going on much bigger than just this website or a specific platform.

I have an iPhone and haven't had the candy crush issue here but I did last night when looking at the drudge report site.

I started getting that randomly on my Android over the past 3-4 days. I don't think it was necessarily while on Syracusefan - but not 100% sure about that.

It has nothing to do with this site. I've looked into it. Several people have PM'd me, I shut down all ad scripts running here. They continued to have the problem.

It's a known problem with Android phones across the Internet.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr/223946-google-play-spamming-blitz.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/201235-annoying-ads-pop-ups.html

Here's a solution for some from a dev website:

I have had the same problem on my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and this is how I solved it.
On your home page, tap on the symbol of two rectangles in the lower left corner, this will bring up several icons on the left side of the screen.
In my case, I found the Candy Crush icon, I noticed the word "network" beside the CC icon before I deleted it, (this identity may be different on your device) hold finger on icon, and tap "remove from list".
At the bottom left tap "task manager". This will bring up a list, select "downloaded". Find an icon on the right that has the same identity you noticed along with the CC icon before you removed it. When you find it , regardless of what app is associated with it, tap "uninstall".
In my case the app was a game my grandkids downloaded called "Plants vs Zombies".

After following the above, the Candy Crush item was gone when I started my device. This was three days ago and it hasn't occurred again.

Do you use Tapatalk? Where did you down load it from?

Last edited:
Thanks Temery. I may just download one of those blockers the second link talks about. I don't have that many apps downloaded so I wonder if we could figure out what is common and I could just dump that one.

Here's my list -

Facebook
Pandora
Google Sky Map
Shazam
Chess Free
Minecraft PE Demo
MyNBA2K
Speed Racing
and
Map my Run (just downloaded yesterday so that's not it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom