Andy Katz's preseason Power 36 college basketball rankings | Syracusefan.com

Andy Katz's preseason Power 36 college basketball rankings

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

12. Syracuse: The starting five is back from a surprising Sweet 16 run. But the Orange won’t be a sleeper this season. Syracuse should be in the hunt for a top-four ACC finish and a solid seed. Tyus Battle should be an ACC player of the year candidate, too.

Can we please just have a normal Syracuse basketball season where we lose maybe one game before the New Year, lose 5-6 games in conference, and have a stress-free Selection Sunday?

Regular season wise I want:
Undefeated non conference
Win over Duke
Win over UNC(seriously overdue)
12-6 league record at the worst

Regular season wise I want:
Undefeated non conference
Win over Duke
12-6 league record at the worst

that works for me, at minimum i will take the stress free/bubble free Selection Sunday that Eric mentions above

This reminds me, where’s the iggy’s?

I will take the blame for this - I started dating a UNC grad in January of 2014 right after we beat them in the dome - when I say grad, I mean it's a way of life with those folks. Like 3rd generation UNC fanatic. We have been 0-6 against them ever since.
Now some people will claim that it's impossible for someone merely watching a game to be able to control it's outcome. To those people I say - there are things you just don't understand.
That will change this year - I promise.

While we are at it - I apologize for 1987 final - I was sitting in the wrong chair at the end of the game. It's a tough burden to carry through life so please have some sympathy.

I will take the blame for this - I started dating a UNC grad in January of 2014 right after we beat them in the dome - when I say grad, I mean it's a way of life with those folks. Like 3rd generation UNC fanatic. We have been 0-6 against them ever since.
Now some people will claim that it's impossible for someone merely watching a game to be able to control it's outcome. To those people I say - there are things you just don't understand.

While we are at it - I apologize for 1987 final - I was sitting in the wrong chair at the end of the game. It's a tough burden to carry through life so please have some sympathy.
you're the worst fan Syracuse has. EVER.

Can we please just have a normal Syracuse basketball season where we lose maybe one game before the New Year, lose 5-6 games in conference, and have a stress-free Selection Sunday?
This season I hope to be worrying about whether we can still snag a 2 seed or settle for an at worst 4 seed and hope to avoid the #1 overall seed.

If Syracuse does end up a top 10 type team, they will probably be placed in Hartford and Washington DC, much to the delight of the locals in both locations.

Presale of tickets starts October 30th. Sales to the general public begin November 3rd.

If you want in, go to this website and sign up for early notification.

DI Men's Basketball Tickets | NCAA.com

figures it was you

Unc’s overrated

Maybe. But, Maye is back along with Kenny Williams who is a very good defender also. Williams was put on Battle in the ACCT exclusively and made life very difficult for him. Coby White and Nassir Little are the REAL deal coming in. Little was the most impressive player to me in the McD game. I trust Roy to coach good offense and he always does.

If anyone is overrated it's Duke. They've yet to win the conference with these one and done types.

They won the ACCT in 2017 with Tatum. Won four games in four days.

How many games last year did we dig ourselves a hole early in games and then come roaring back to win. Most games felt like we were spotting them points to begin. Not good. Many times we were the underdog and showed our tenacity and won. We showed a knack for coming back. This year, with offense, I expect we will take the lead often. Question is can we hold it? This teams demeanor tells me yes. Defensive lockdowns become the norm like flicking a light switch.

Maybe. But, Maye is back along with Kenny Williams who is a very good defender also. Williams was put on Battle in the ACCT exclusively and made life very difficult for him. Coby White and Nassir Little are the REAL deal coming in. Little was the most impressive player to me in the McD game. I trust Roy to coach good offense and he always does.
No Joel Berry the 47th, no Theo Pinson (the real zone killer last year). I feel pretty good about punching ole boy Roy in the duodenum.

No Joel Berry the 47th, no Theo Pinson (the real zone killer last year). I feel pretty good about punching ole boy Roy in the duodenum.

True. Probably little too high for them. I thought of that...Pinson and Berry were great players. Pinson was getting near triple-doubles every game towards the end of these season and Tourney. Can’t believe there were a few posters who ripped/mocked Pinson’s game. Total glue guy who could ball. Anyways, yeah those are big losses but I like what they have coming in and Roy can coach offense for sure.