Anish Shroff was just on Brent Axe | Syracusefan.com

Anish Shroff was just on Brent Axe

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Pretty much buried the program and said its not the same as it used to be on the field and in recruiting. Alluded that a kid committed to SU can still be recruited and that SU doesn't have multiple stars anymore. Noted all of the decommits in the 2020 class and said its not going to get better anytime soon either. Was a pretty sobering assessment

Pretty much buried the program and said its not the same as it used to be on the field and in recruiting. Alluded that a kid committed to SU can still be recruited and that SU doesn't have multiple stars anymore. Noted all of the decommits in the 2020 class and said its not going to get better anytime soon either. Was a pretty sobering assessment
Thanks for sharing.

I think...

Thanks for sharing.

I think...

Tell me about it, I looked at the schedule again today trying to determine where we could get to 7 wins and it was difficult. Really wish we had a few cupcake type games coming up.

I caught only a few minutes of the Infanti radio show on Sunday with everyone's favorite former 4 time AA defender Ric Beardsley and he had some more positive thoughts then I thought he would about SU rebounding but that was apparently the second segment and I guess he laid into them pretty good in the 1st part. Tried to find a copy of the hour long show online but came up empty.

Anish is annoying as hell and likes to do the similar overcompensating for being an alumni routine that Quint does with Hopkins. He also loves the Dane train and anything Tehoka does is automatically the best play ever. You can be as negative as you want about us and sound right on the money if our full body of work on the season is one loss to Colgate. I think Colgate wasn't that bad of a team and I think we can beat Albany. Please can we beat Albany and put an end to all these "bitter truth" "realist" "facing facts" "let's be honest" takes.

What teams today have multiple stars?

Feels like most elite teams have multiple good players but no where near what the "star power" was during 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. When teams had 5 or six guys that made up super teams and held the majority of the scoring. The teams full of stars seem like a part of the past and not part of the evolving game. More even distribution of scoring and players on teams.

Records:
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/LAX_Records/2018/D1Men.pdf

Some stars of today from top five

Yale
Jack Tigh, M, Sr.
Jackson Morrill, A, Jr.
TD Ierlan, FOGO, Sr.

Loyola
Pat Spener, A, Sr.
Kevin Lindley, A, So.
Jacob Stover, G, Sr.

Maryland
Logan Wisnauskas A, Sr.
Jared Bernhardt A, Sr.
Bubba Fairman M, So.

State Penn (22 goals against Robert Morris might pad the stats a bit.)
Gerard Arceri, FOGO, Jr.
Grant Ament, A, Sr.
Mac O’Keefe, A, So
TJ Malone, A, Fr.

Cornell
Jeff Teat M,Jr.

Last edited:
Instead of playing him we redshirted one of the stars for Maryland.Great decision that was.

And we stopped communicating with Matt Gaudet when he was committed and encouraged him to go to Yale. SMH

What teams today have multiple stars?

Feels like most elite teams have multiple good players but no where near what the "star power" was during 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. When teams had 5 or six guys that made up super teams and held the majority of the scoring. The teams full of stars seem like a part of the past and not part of the evolving game. More even distribution of scoring and players on teams.

Records:
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/LAX_Records/2018/D1Men.pdf

Some stars of today from top five

Yale
Jack Tigh, M, Sr.
Jackson Morrill, A, Jr.
TD Ierlan, FOGO, Sr.

Loyola
Pat Spener, A, Sr.
Kevin Lindley, A, So.
Jacob Stover, G, Sr.

Maryland
Logan Wisnauskas A, Sr.
Jared Bernhardt A, Sr.
Bubba Fairman M, So.

State Penn (22 goals against Robert Morris might pad the stats a bit.)
Gerard Arceri, FOGO, Jr.
Grant Ament, A, Sr.
Mac O’Keefe, A, So
TJ Malone, A, Fr.

Cornell
Jeff Teat M,Jr.

You left off Gaudet for Yale.

Id also add Virginia
Laviano
Kraus
Conrad
Moore

And we stopped communicating with Matt Gaudet when he was committed and encouraged him to go to Yale. SMH
Not making excuses for the program losing players, but I can't see many kids turning down the opportunity to go to an Ivy. That said, there is no valid reason why the coaching staff isn't in contact with recruits.

Not making excuses for the program losing players, but I can't see many kids turning down the opportunity to go to an Ivy. That said, there is no valid reason why the coaching staff isn't in contact with recruits.

Other than the NCAA rule that prohibits contact with recruits until Sept 1 of their Junior year?

This was prior to that.

We had kids commit to us early, and when the rules changed, we couldn't contact them again until Sept 1.

Contact period for 2020's began 5 months ago. How many of our commits were inundated with offers from other schools and flipped since then?

We had kids commit to us early, and when the rules changed, we couldn't contact them again until Sept 1.

Contact period for 2020's began 5 months ago. How many of our commits were inundated with offers from other schools and flipped since then?

Were talking about two totally different things, my post was about Gaudet and his recruitment your talking about the 2020 decommits I assume.

Were talking about two totally different things, my post was about Gaudet and his recruitment your talking about the 2020 decommits I assume.

You and I always talk about different things. I was providing a valid reason to another poster why coaches can't stay in touch with early recruits.

You and I always talk about different things. I was providing a valid reason to another poster why coaches can't stay in touch with early recruits.

LOL, I thought his comment was specifically about Gaudet not about the current recruits but perhaps I am mistaken. With the current rule changes the contact issue is completely different as you noted and I have no way of knowing how SU is handling is. I don't think all those decommits in the fall were due to lack of contact as there couldn't be any unless you back channel somehow.

LOL, I thought his comment was specifically about Gaudet not about the current recruits but perhaps I am mistaken. With the current rule changes the contact issue is completely different as you noted and I have no way of knowing how SU is handling is. I don't think all those decommits in the fall were due to lack of contact as there couldn't be any unless you back channel somehow.
Sorry for the confusion, I was kind of addressing two issues at the same time. Gaudet and current recruits. I think Syracuse will almost always lose kids to the Ivies. I know what Gaudet said about the lack of communication, but how could he not flip to Yale regardless? These kids, and their parents, are also thinking about their education opportunities. Actually, now that early recruitment is gone this kind of flip should be less frequent since the Ivies will be able to recruit players at the same time as other D1 programs.

Sorry for the confusion, I was kind of addressing two issues at the same time. Gaudet and current recruits. I think Syracuse will almost always lose kids to the Ivies. I know what Gaudet said about the lack of communication, but how could he not flip to Yale regardless? These kids, and their parents, are also thinking about their education opportunities. Actually, now that early recruitment is gone this kind of flip should be less frequent since the Ivies will be able to recruit players at the same time as other D1 programs.

Obviously this is an odd example, but Brendan Curry was originally committed to UPenn before Syracuse. I know his dad is an alum and all, but it is possible for a kid to want to play big time lacrosse at a school with a fan base. Solomon was originally committed to Dartmouth as well.

Instead of playing him we redshirted one of the stars for Maryland.Great decision that was.

He was heading to Maryland anyway. From what I heard, a lot of it had to do with his girlfriend deciding to go there after a bad experience at SU

Anish is always looking to trash SU. Follow him on Twittter and you’ll see. Seems to be trying to compensate for being an alum.

Obviously this is an odd example, but Brendan Curry was originally committed to UPenn before Syracuse. I know his dad is an alum and all, but it is possible for a kid to want to play big time lacrosse at a school with a fan base. Solomon was originally committed to Dartmouth as well.
I agree with you that it is possible. I was looking at it through the lens of a parent where you consider education, cost etc. While I would be disappointed if a player flipped to an Ivy, I wouldn't be surprised by it.