Another Article Confirms Rutgers Not Birthplace of Football | Syracusefan.com

Another Article Confirms Rutgers Not Birthplace of Football

Everything in that story is pathetic. Everything about that school is pathetic. And everything about this school’s infatuation with that school is pathetic. Yes. The gazillion page thread is too. The day it is nuked or sent to some inter web archive will be a day to rejoice.

Playing SUNJ each year was always an afterthought. It’s like playing Colgate in hoops each. Just something we do. Except playing Colgate actually has some historical relevance for Syracuse University.

I’m not exactly sure when it changed. Probably about the time that Coach P started losing games to Rutgers and Temple.

But I, for one, am glad they are in the B1G, getting their doors blown off weekly, every single year.

We don’t play them annually anymore. And I can only hope that means a new generation of Cuse football fans with develop a proper disassociation with them.

Despite this year’s disaster in the hill, we are nothing like them. We own a national championship. We have a Heisman winner. We have famous 44s. We have played in and won big bowl games. In my lifetime, we have played and defeated Penn State, LSU, Clemson, Auburn, Michigan, Miami, Florida State, Georgia, Colorado, Texas, West Virginia, Arizona, and others.

They will always have that one Thursday night.

So yes, we better win next year. Just like we better beat Colgate next week. Period. And then, the next time they’ll be relevant to Syracuse should be the week before the 2021 game in the Dome. That’s it.

in the meantime, let’s recruit some new big, uglie OL, and dream of upsetting Clemson in week 1. And winning more than we lose. And big games against real opponents and rivals like BC, and Pitt, and yes Wake and Florida State, and future games against real schools like Purdue and Notre Dame or even Army.

Because that’s who we are.

And oh, by the way. Beat Duke.

#nukethethread

Last edited:
And everything about this school’s infatuation with that school is pathetic. Yes. The gazillion page thread is too. The day it is nuked or sent to some inter web archive will be a day to rejoice.

. . .

#nukethethread
Yeah, that will never happen.

Take some deep breaths and put the thread on ignore. You won't even see it.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Rutgers was the birthplace of football and now it's the deathplace of football.

Yeah, that will never happen.

Take some deep breaths and put the thread on ignore. You won't even see it.

Out of sight, out of mind.

And is it any coincidence that the darkest prolonged period of Syracuse football - a full generation, mind you, coincides with this fanbase’s infatuation with Rutgers?

It’s time to win consistently and rise out of the Rutgersian muck and put that behind us.

That thread is a recruiting eyesore. It’s not about me putting it on ignore. I can’t imagine being 16 or 17 and jumping on this site and seeing a 3,000 page thread like that. You think Ohio State has a page dedicated to Toledo? Or Florida State has one dedicated to Central Florida? Of course not.

To each his or her own. But in a week where we’ve debated standing by takes, I firmly stand by this one.

That thread is a scarlet blight on our fanbase, and by extension, our program.

And is it any coincidence that the darkest prolonged period of Syracuse football - a full generation, mind you, coincides with this fanbase’s infatuation with Rutgers?

It’s time to win consistently and rise out of the Rutgersian muck and put that behind us.

That thread is a recruiting eyesore. It’s not about me putting it on ignore. I can’t imagine being 16 or 17 and jumping on this site and seeing a 3,000 page thread like that. You think Ohio State has a page dedicated to Toledo? Or Florida State has one dedicated to Central Florida? Of course not.

To each his or her own. But in a week where we’ve debated standing by takes, I firmly stand by this one.

Again, put it on ignore if it bothers you so much.

It's not going anywhere. Except up, in its post count.

Rutgers write the thread, we merely have fun with it.

Many schools across the nation know of the Rutgers thread and enjoy it. The B1G schools fans check into it when their team plays Rutgers. At this point, the thread is now a public service. The thread brings joy to everyone not associated with Rutgers.

The best part is we don't make up any of the stuff, Rutgers does the work, we simply comment on their efforts.