Class of 2014 - Anthony Siciliano - QB | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Anthony Siciliano - QB

Doesn't appear to have any offers yet.

5'11'' 180

Originally from NJ, Now at James Washington's old HS, but doubt they know each other.

Wants to major in Sport Management

Originally from NJ, Now at James Washington's old HS, but doubt they know each other.

Not to nit-pick, but Washington actually attended Winter Park HS in FL. Honestly, with the amount of great info/insight that you provide, you've more than earned a mulligan.

Doesn't appear to have any offers yet.

5'11'' 180

Wants to major in Sport Management
I hear we are targeting walk on candidates with fathers who have a long standing wish to make the naming gift for an indoor practice facility.

Note: this is a joke, please don't start rumors about the imminent announcement of the Siciliano Indoor Practice Facility. Honestly, with AJ solidly in the fold, I do not expect SU to offer another QB in this class, not after taking 2 in the last class. I think if they take one, it will be a big kid who is capable of playing multiple positions, like Ashton Broyld.

1. Anthony Siciliano@Ant_Siciliano2
    48m
    @TDESPN you will be at the Ohio Elite 11 camp correct? Im almost 95 percent sure that I will be attending that one Coach.

Expand
  2. Anthony Siciliano@Ant_Siciliano2
    56m
    Syracuse is my #1 school. Its just a perfect fit. The academics, the people there, the coaching staff, the program and I have family there.

Expand
  3. Anthony Siciliano@Ant_Siciliano2
    58m
    @JriceJ anytime! And i know, something special is happening at Syracuse and I love it.

View conversation

This is a head scratcher for me. I mean have you seen AJ Long's video? I am sure AS is a great athlete and kid, but lets get serious! Was there one throw over 20yards or can he even run? I would rather have his receivers who made all the catches.. A 5'11 QB is a tough sell and there is only one Russell Wilson!

It's somewhat confusing I suppose but a couple thoughts:

-- The thing that jumps out from the film is his ability to consistently deliver accurate throws while moving around in the pocket. He looks small, I'm not sure about arm strength and I wouldn't suggest he's anywhere near Long in terms of ceiling, but his poise, pocket presence and ability to throw going with or against his body is pretty intriguing.

-- If you believe what seems to be consensus around here that Kinder is probably a long-shot to see the field at QB, your depth chart for '14 basically boils down to Hunt/Wilson/Long/Kimble. If you factor in some form of attrition (transfer based on PT, grade issues, legal issues, etc.) it's not crazy to think the staff could take two QBs in this class, though I would agree that you'd assume one would be able to potentially shift positions if necessary.

-- We have a loooooooonnnnnngggggg way to go to signing day in Feb. We just lost our last "next mcnabb" when Allen reneged (understandably, by the way) last year. Could be that they want to make sure they have a couple QBs lined up in case something unforeseen happens with Long? Just a thought.

i would say preferred walk ok, but QB's don't walk on. Does he double as a kicker? i just don't ever see how he will play, seems like a waste of schollie to me?

From Winter Springs HS in Orlando, FL

Anthony Siciliano@Ant_Siciliano2 1h
No question. I will say it right now with confidence. Syracuse is in my top 5. Done deal. #orangemen #SUnation #Syracuse

Anthony Siciliano@Ant_Siciliano2 1h
Wow.. The talk im having with Coach Perles from Syracuse is just amazing. I cant wait to meet Coach Shafer and the whole staff. #syracuse
I'm sure Long is thrilled. Yeah sure, competition,the age old reason for bringing in multiple players at the same position.:p

Russel Wilson was a guy that could make all the throws but was said to be to short too.

Russel Wilson was a guy that could make all the throws but was said to be to short too.
Russel Wilson is also a special athlete on top of having a very precise arm. Regardless, Always like a Florida kid. Maybe someone moves on next year with their degree? Never know

June 14 is probably a camp right?

Yes.
2013 Camp Dates
Dates Location Registration Time Camp Hours Links
Friday, June 7 Lincoln High School, Brooklyn, N.Y. 4:30 pm to 5:45 pm 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm Directions
Saturday, June 8 SUNY Maritime 8:30 am to 9:45 am 10:00 am to 1:00 pm Directions
Friday, June 14 Syracuse University 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm Directions
Saturday, June 15 Syracuse University 10:30 am to 11:00 am x 11:00 am to 2:00 pm Directions
Monday, June 17 Syracuse Unversity 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm Directions
Tuesday, June 18 Syracuse University 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm Directions
Wednesday, June 19 Syracuse University 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm Directions
Thursday, June 20 Syracuse University 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm Directions
Friday, June 21 Syracuse University 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm Directions
Saturday, June 22 Syracuse University 10:30 am to 11:00 am 11:00 am to 2:00 pm x Directions

We have some terrific skill position coaches so I gotta think they must see something in this kid we are missing.