Antonio Balandi

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Shoes Avatar Guy
I hadn't noticed that we picked up a Grad Transfer from Ouagadougou. 6'6" Athlete of the year for the entire country of Burkina Faso. I'm stoked.
I can just imagine someone reading briefly reading info about this kid... “I see he’s a local Ouagadougou county product, must have transferred in from OCC right?!”

GooseMutt

All Conference
Wow my curiosity is engaged. Did anyone watch him last week? Is he competitive? Notice anything special? Who did he defend and how well? Any replies would be much appreciated. Thanks!

LAOrange

2nd String
I can just imagine someone reading briefly reading info about this kid... “I see he’s a local Ouagadougou county product, must have transferred in from OCC right?!”
That's too funny. Maybe someone should suggest to the mayor that we need a new sister city.

SWC75

Bored Historian
From where?! Sounds like a guinea to me ;)

It used to be called Upper Volta, if that's helps. You probably never heard that name, either, unless you've done a jigsaw puzzle of African nations. I recall my brother, who was in the Peace Corps, made one once.

Burkina Faso - Wikipedia

it was once ruled by a Colonel Laminzana!!! (Herve was born in the Ivory Coast. No idea if he's related but he could be a cousin of some sort.)

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
It used to be called Upper Volta, if that's helps. You probably never heard that name, either, unless you've done a jigsaw puzzle of African nations. I recall my brother, who was in the Peace Corps, made one once.

Burkina Faso - Wikipedia

it was once ruled by a Colonel Laminzana!!! (Herve was born in the Ivory Coast. No idea if he's related but he could be a cousin of some sort.)

Thanks! Interesting! Yet another gem of an offering from ya.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
Really good story. Sounds like a neat kid who has had a lot of life experiences already.
My son knows him and says he’s a great kid. Was an RA in my son’s dorm. Also had a beer with him several weeks ago.

Top Bottom