Any chance Marek comes back.....at starting PG | Syracusefan.com

Any chance Marek comes back.....at starting PG

GucciCuse

Walk On
I would love to see Marek come back and have JB experiment with him as the starting point guard - a la Silent G.

He can bring the ball up the court and was one of the best passers on this years team. He has the IQ and sees the floor well. I don’t have stats to back this up, but it seemed like he took his man off the dribble more than anyone else this past season.

Of course this would also depend on Benny’s point forward skills as well and how well Buddy improves his ball handling as Marek would need some help out there.

Imagine Marek and Buddy with Benny, Q and Jesse starters with a bench of ST, JG3, Woody, Cole and Frank - if they all return. Can plug in Jimmy B as needed.

Imagine 6’10” & 6’6” at the top of the zone with 6’8”, 6’6” & 6’10” down low. That is some true zone length and would be decent rebounding as well.

With Marek or Benny leading fast breaks and Buddy camping out on the 3pt line.

I would love to see that lineup but alas it will probably never be!

I would love to see Marek come back and have JB experiment with him as the starting point guard - a la Silent G.

He can bring the ball up the court and was one of the best passers on this years team. He has the IQ and sees the floor well. I don’t have stats to back this up, but it seemed like he took his man off the dribble more than anyone else this past season.

Of course this would also depend on Benny’s point forward skills as well and how well Buddy improves his ball handling as Marek would need some help out there.

Imagine Marek and Buddy with Benny, Q and Jesse starters with a bench of ST, JG3, Woody, Cole and Frank - if they all return. Can plug in Jimmy B as needed.

Imagine 6’10” & 6’6” at the top of the zone with 6’8”, 6’6” & 6’10” down low. That is some true zone length and would be decent rebounding as well.

Marek's moved on, but since you brought it up, I think there's a real good chance we're gonna see Benny Williams playing PG at those times when Joe's sitting. When he was all of 5'9", PG was his position. At IMG he's regularly plays at the top of the key, distributing. Don't be surprised if that's a line up we see regularly...

Marek's moved on, but since you brought it up, I think there's a real good chance we're gonna see Benny Williams playing PG at those times when Joe's sitting. When he was all of 5'9", PG was his position. At IMG he's regularly plays at the top of the key, distributing. Don't be surprised if that's a line up we see regularly...
At this point, I would hope Symir is the backup PG. If we get Cole Swider, it’s going to be important to have a penetrator and distributor. That isn’t Joe’s strength. I think Symir can play that role. Otherwise we are going to be passing around the perimeter for 28 seconds before heaving up a three to beat the clock.

At this point, I would hope Symir is the backup PG. If we get Cole Swider, it’s going to be important to have a penetrator and distributor. That isn’t Joe’s strength. I think Symir can play that role. Otherwise we are going to be passing around the perimeter for 28 seconds before heaving up a three to beat the clock.
I sincerely hope that if Woody stays on, that JB passes on Swider, who doesn't seem to have the athleticism to play forward in our zone. Just my impression at this time, based on limited info...

With good reason

Marek's going to play some pro ball in Europe and make some dough and then open a chain of Pizza shops and make some more dough. Thin Man Pie House.

So you are telling me the $50 I spent to trademark “Magic Marek” and “Magic Dolezaj” isn’t going to pay off?

Yeah, I trademarked “Doley Dimes” -
Now what??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom