Class of 2017 - Any new recruits committing during bye week? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Any new recruits committing during bye week?

chakka3421

All Conference
Given the much needed bye week for the players to heal and refocus, does the staff seize on the momentum and snag any recruits in the next 2 weeks? Would like to see a few more commits myself. Does anyone know who we are high on?

Given the much needed bye week for the players to heal and refocus, does the staff seize on the momentum and snag any recruits in the next 2 weeks? Would like to see a few more commits myself. Does anyone know who we are high on?

Usually coaches schedule a lot of in-homes and school visits at this time. Don't know if anyone will commit. I think it's more likely that we'll hear about a bunch of new 2018 offers.

Usually coaches schedule a lot of in-homes and school visits at this time. Don't know if anyone will commit. I think it's more likely that we'll hear about a bunch of new 2018 offers.

No in homes yet. This is the quiet period until November 27. Now they can visit schools and do academic and athletic evaluations.

No more turning the corner statements please because we've turned the corner so many times that we went around the block to be at same place when we first thought we turned the corner. We need to go forward with deliberate speed. Right now
Ludicrous Speed... GO!

After tip toeing through the coaches twitter followings this morning I'm guessing there are some JUCOs that are going to be evaluated this week.

any specific positions? I really think we need a ready to play hog at DT to help out those other cats.

A little bit of everything. Some could just be backup if they don't get a HS kid they want. I saw TE, S, OT, DB and a WR.

If those guys can crack the two deep, sign me up -- across the board on those positions.

I think the coaches see what I do - a need for upperclassmen to add depth and talent to a number of positions.

Yes but Babers has stated that unless a JUCO or Grad Transfer is ready to start from day one he isn't going to sign them and that he prefers building depth with HS recruits.

I agree with this philosophy. Only bring in JUCO or Transfers if they can crack the 2 deep if not why waste a ship on a 1 or 2 year player when you can develop a 5 year player.

Yes but Babers has stated that unless a JUCO or Grad Transfer is ready to start from day one he isn't going to sign them and that he prefers building depth with HS recruits.

Well hopefully we can find 4-5 guys including a TE, S, CB, WR, maybe even RB that can start from day 1. :)

Well hopefully we can find 4-5 guys including a TE, S, CB, WR, maybe even RB that can start from day 1. :)
And I forgot that there are still several JUCO DTs that they are still following that have offers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom