Any update/news on Sidibe? | Syracusefan.com

Any update/news on Sidibe?

Jim Boeheim said injured center Bourama Sidibe is not going to be back "for a while." "He feels good, they always do, but who knows." The initial return timeframe put him back around the end of the month.

The target date according to the broadcast this past weekend is the first week of January. That would put him on target to be back for UNC or Florida State.

I'm hoping he can actually be on the court by mid-Jan, and closer to playing shape by early Feb.
We'll need him for the stretch run - assuming there's one.

Jim Boeheim said injured center Bourama Sidibe is not going to be back "for a while." "He feels good, they always do, but who knows." The initial return timeframe put him back around the end of the month.
Which month?
“A while” normally means 2-3 months

I'm hoping he can actually be on the court by mid-Jan, and closer to playing shape by early Feb.
We'll need him for the stretch run - assuming there's one.
The race to Co..vinish?

Seems like late January would be more realistic.
When I hurt my meniscus (no I’m not a D1 center) it didn’t feel right for 3 months. Hoping we get 20 mins from him a game for 6 weeks.

February at best. Kids been injured his whole career. I hope they are very careful with him.

the guy cant stay healthy when he was healthy, how's he going to stay healthy when he's injured. i find it unlikely he will be contributing much this year. even if he comes back, how deconditioned will he be seeing as that you cant do much post knee surgery..

the guy cant stay healthy when he was healthy, how's he going to stay healthy when he's injured. i find it unlikely he will be contributing much this year. even if he comes back, how deconditioned will he be seeing as that you cant do much post knee surgery..
He’s walking / jogging without a limp 15-17 days after surgery which is positive.

He’s walking / jogging without a limp 15-17 days after surgery which is positive.

Im sure its a positive sign, but playing in a game is so far beyond that. you cannot draw much from that at all.

What difference does it make ? Syracuse does not have players that can compete with the Top 50 teams. They have four Centers that are closer to D3 than D1. They are not close to playing.
peach team we played against had a better Center. Dole is a good passer but he is not acenter

What difference does it make ? Syracuse does not have players that can compete with the Top 50 teams. They have four Centers that are closer to D3 than D1. They are not close to playing.
peach team we played against had a better Center. Dole is a good passer but he is not acenter
Well that's a rosy picture that you painted. Maybe a bit too much wine at dinner tonight?

I don't know about our other centers but to really think that Sidibe doesn't make a difference is laughable. Come on man. When he's playing active and well (like he did during the final stretch of last season) it's significant and helps Marek to play in his natural position.

If there is a tournament this year, we aren't going far (if we even make it) with Marek commanding the center position. Marek is an excellent player but that just isn't a recipe for success against strong competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom