Anybody Else Crack Up? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody Else Crack Up?

He never wears it correctly anyway...

He still has immunity and can’t spread Covid (because it can’t get through the incubation period to be contagious), anyway. For him specifically, wearing a mask is a formality and doesn’t actually do anything.

He still has immunity and can’t spread Covid (because it can’t get through the incubation period to be contagious), anyway. For him specifically, wearing a mask is a formality and doesn’t actually do anything.
I don’t think the medical community is quite certain on the ability of those that have had COVID to continue to spread it. At least that’s what I’ve been told by the community. Similar to those that get the vaccine. In addition to them I’ve been told to continue wearing a mask.

I don’t think the medical community is quite certain on the ability of those that have had COVID to continue to spread it. At least that’s what I’ve been told by the community. Similar to those that get the vaccine. In addition to them I’ve been told to continue wearing a mask.

It’s out of an abundance of caution. I get why they give that advice, but the chances of an immune person passing any virus to another person is minuscule in practically all other examples (like the flu and other coronaviruses). There’s also a chance that how quickly the body attacks the virus in the nose/mouth depends on how immunity was obtained. Those who came by immunity through catching the virus likely have a more swift immune response than those receiving the vaccine. Both responses will be quick by any measure, but because the immune system of the previously infected person has familiarity with the virus beginning in the nose/mouth (vs. an injection in tissue), that immune response should be quicker. At least, that’s the theory.

The virus takes a number of days in a person’s system to become contagious. If you are immune, the odds are very good the virus will be neutralized before you are contagious. Instances of immune people transmitting viruses are almost always through contact, not through the respiratory system.

This is mostly my recollection of a drunk conversation with a former high school classmate who studied chemistry at MIT and Boston University. I’m not an expert and I have no idea if she is an expert.

pretty much what I have heard discussed.. it could get into the nose and then be sneezed out potentially though. small chance of spreading by contact too.. but the mask also limits him being exposed and taking it home which is probably the real concern anyway.

i think its part of the public perception as well. Im sure the school doesnt want everyone asking why JB isnt wearing a mask. He will be accused of setting a bad example. People feel really strongly about this issue. Like i will fight you in the parking lot of a supermarket-type of strong.

i think its part of the public perception as well. Im sure the school doesnt want everyone asking why JB isnt wearing a mask. He will be accused of setting a bad example. People feel really strongly about this issue. Like i will fight you in the parking lot of a supermarket-type of strong.

This, too. Perception/compliance are valid concerns. If health organizations say that people with immunity don’t need to wear masks, compliance becomes a nightmare. People who aren’t immune but don’t want to wear masks will just claim immunity.

This, too. Perception/compliance are valid concerns. If health organizations say that people with immunity don’t need to wear masks, compliance becomes a nightmare. People who aren’t immune but don’t want to wear masks will just claim immunity.
Kinda like able people using Handicap Parking Passes

When the TV analyst proudly announced he was happy JB found a mask that finally worked for him...and they panned to him with it hanging almost off his face.

So JB...

I'm waiting for Juli to get him some designer mask (like a Louis Vuitton mask), JB not wearing it correctly, some reporter asking him about why he chose a designer mask and JB, having no knowledge of who that is, says the only Louis he gives a flying F about is Louis Orr.

i think its part of the public perception as well. Im sure the school doesnt want everyone asking why JB isnt wearing a mask. He will be accused of setting a bad example. People feel really strongly about this issue. Like i will fight you in the parking lot of a supermarket-type of strong

Hey it's your patriotic duty, it's the new cockade.

You know what happened to people who didn't wear the cockade.

Hey it's your patriotic duty, it's the new cockade.

You know what happened to people who didn't wear the cockade.
Damn you. I have work to do, now I HAVE to look up what the hell you are talking about.
Edit: I looked it up, nothing like what I was expecting considering the word "cockade".

Call it "perception" or "patriotic duty", or whatever.

To me, it's just common courtesy. I don't want to be walking by someone at Wegmans or Walgreen's who isn't wearing a mask. And I wouldn't want anyone to be around me if I wasn't wearing a mask.
I agree with you, and I think that after this is all over, some people should keep wearing the mask.

Damn you. I have work to do, now I HAVE to look up what the hell you are talking about.
Edit: I looked it up, nothing like what I was expecting considering the word "cockade".

French Revolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom