anybody transferring? | Syracusefan.com

anybody transferring?

We will lose a few players unfortunately, with a roster size as big as ours its inevitable. As for incoming guys, keep an eye on FOGO's and Attackmen.

We will lose a few players unfortunately, with a roster size as big as ours its inevitable. As for incoming guys, keep an eye on FOGO's and Attackmen.

Now that we've ended the "redshirt everyone" experiment, maybe kids will feel more invested in the program and stick around.

Now that we've ended the "redshirt everyone" experiment, maybe kids will feel more invested in the program and stick around.

Good point, you would think that should help. On the other hand some decisions to burn shirts for basically a few minutes of garbage time ie Barlow and Lauder seems less then smart. Either way Desko is in a no win situation, play the guy some ie Maltz and he leaves, Redshirt the entire year Wisnaukas and he leaves. Like you said though hopefully most guys got the feeling SU is building something even if they didn't see as much PT as they would like. Would hate to lose a guy like Buttermore.

Good point, you would think that should help. On the other hand some decisions to burn shirts for basically a few minutes of garbage time ie Barlow and Lauder seems less then smart. Either way Desko is in a no win situation, play the guy some ie Maltz and he leaves, Redshirt the entire year Wisnaukas and he leaves. Like you said though hopefully most guys got the feeling SU is building something even if they didn't see as much PT as they would like. Would hate to lose a guy like Buttermore.

If we play too many mids, the parents get upset. :rolleyes:

I dont have any confirmation yet on kids leaving but my guess is, a couple middies that saw playing time and 1-2 poles that were backups and dont want to lose another year of eligibility sitting behind the returning group

Whatever happened to the talk of "second" All American transferring. Nothing out there

I heard Ierlan is coming to Cornell to play with his little brother this year. Cornell winning some faceoffs and figuring out what to do with the shutoff would be pretty tough next year.

i'm hearing at least 6 current roster players not returning...does anybody know who?

I have heard a few whispers but nothing concrete or anything I would feel comfortable putting out in the public. We should know for sure over the next few weeks but I definitely expect at least a few transfers, hopefully no starters or young guys we are hoping could break out this year.

I haven't heard six but as I noted I have heard a few whispers on some guys down on the roster and one prominent guy that mentioned a while ago. It should sort itself out in the next 2-3 weeks as guys look to get back to campus for fall ball. Staats will need to declare this month as well if he is going to go pro.

I haven't heard six but as I noted I have heard a few whispers on some guys down on the roster and one prominent guy that mentioned a while ago. It should sort itself out in the next 2-3 weeks as guys look to get back to campus for fall ball. Staats will need to declare this month as well if he is going to go pro.
Is there a specific date Staats needs to declare? Can we start a GoFundMe campaign here to pay him twice what he'll make in the NLL?

Is there a specific date Staats needs to declare? Can we start a GoFundMe campaign here to pay him twice what he'll make in the NLL?
Since Staats is under 21 and still has NCAA eligibility left, he would need to declare at least 30 days prior to the draft date (which has not yet been set). Typically, the NLL Draft is held on a Monday in late September so that would place it on either the 17th or the 24th. I'm not holding my breath as all signs point to him not returning to school. Dumb move on his part if you ask me - could really use 2 years of big time college exposure to build his brand after which he would be worth twice as much to potential sponsors. Then again, no one asked me.

I have heard a few whispers but nothing concrete or anything I would feel comfortable putting out in the public. We should know for sure over the next few weeks but I definitely expect at least a few transfers, hopefully no starters or young guys we are hoping could break out this year.
Ok, I understand you don't want to put names out there. How about listing players that are not going to transfer. haha.

Ok, I understand you don't want to put names out there. How about listing players that are not going to transfer. haha.

LOL, I hear ya. Its always hard with lax transfers because sometimes you just get some out of the blue see Dylan Maltz/Wisnaukas and then you get ones where the writing is on the wall ie Thorpe. With such a young and deep roster there are a lot of potential candidates who may look to transfer due to the lack of PT or you could get one out of the blue like Ierlan at Albany who just didn't like the scene/make up of the team and wanted out. I think the midfield could take a hit as there is a huge log jam there and the first line is two sophs and Jr. I mentioned a starter before I had heard whispers about and he is my major concern about a top end guy leaving. Also I worry about a guy like Buttermore or Quinn who may want a less crowded path to PT.

LOL, I hear ya. Its always hard with lax transfers because sometimes you just get some out of the blue see Dylan Maltz/Wisnaukas and then you get ones where the writing is on the wall ie Thorpe. With such a young and deep roster there are a lot of potential candidates who may look to transfer due to the lack of PT or you could get one out of the blue like Ierlan at Albany who just didn't like the scene/make up of the team and wanted out. I think the midfield could take a hit as there is a huge log jam there and the first line is two sophs and Jr. I mentioned a starter before I had heard whispers about and he is my major concern about a top end guy leaving. Also I worry about a guy like Buttermore or Quinn who may want a less crowded path to PT.

Are we still concerned that Trimboli may leave?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom