Anyone actually taking that summer trip? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone actually taking that summer trip?

Supposed to go to Goose Rocks Beach in Maine (outside of Kennebunkport) last week in August. The house we rented said to send in the balance that we owed last week, they also said if beach was closed we would get a full refund. Hoping to enjoy a beach week.

Supposed to go to Goose Rocks Beach in Maine (outside of Kennebunkport) last week in August. The house we rented said to send in the balance that we owed last week, they also said if beach was closed we would get a full refund. Hoping to enjoy a beach week.
Interesting. Do you rent through an agency? I subscribe to the Portland Press Herald and the 14 day quarantine for non residents Is still in effect. Supposedly only residents and non residents who have completed the 14 days can go to public places. Rental agencies are supposed to monitor it for out of staters. Our agency said hold off sending the balance until they tell us it’s ok. A couple of the grand kids are saying they are going anyway. Kids!

Interesting. Do you rent through an agency? I subscribe to the Portland Press Herald and the 14 day quarantine for non residents Is still in effect. Supposedly only residents and non residents who have completed the 14 days can go to public places. Rental agencies are supposed to monitor it for out of staters. Our agency said hold off sending the balance until they tell us it’s ok. A couple of the grand kids are saying they are going anyway. Kids!
We rented thru VRBO

Soooo on a scale of 1-10, how cool would everyone be about flying to mexico for a few days, getting a vrbo. My girl is unsure, and I think we'll be fine, but I'm a little drunk. Thoughts?

Soooo on a scale of 1-10, how cool would everyone be about flying to mexico for a few days, getting a vrbo. My girl is unsure, and I think we'll be fine, but I'm a little drunk. Thoughts?
So what you’re saying is you’re completely level headed and making normal decisions

Mexico is maybe the worst place to go currently. They are way behind and lack resources. Had to cancel Cabo for July 4th and Tulum in August. Anything earlier than late Fall could be tricky.

Mexico is maybe the worst place to go currently. They are way behind and lack resources. Had to cancel Cabo for July 4th and Tulum in August. Anything earlier than late Fall could be tricky.

Holy cow, yeaaa that's the first thing the girlfriend mentioned to me when I woke up.

I just need a break man. Coldest winter in 45 years, right into lock down, trying to submit a 300 page research progress report while trying to run a research program geared towards undergrads, without undergrads, during a pandemic. Planned on spending most of the summer in the Alaskan wilderness somewhere, but the smoke from wildfire is already rolling in. I can't go all summer stuck in the house too.

I don't mean to whine, just over here losing my mind. Is it too early to drink?

We always do a few camping trips each summer. Fishing trips, outings with friends, ATVing. We spent a few months talking about how we wanted to kick it up a notch this summer. Camp more, hit more destinations. This quickly turned into her grumbling about being over the whole "sleeping in a tent" thing. I love our tent, so I wasn't on board. Then I started looking at RVs, RV loans, things were looking promising. Then I saw this thing. Immediately fell in love. Will take some work, some love, and a few baths, but this is what the cusetroop fam will be bopping around in from now on

Listen, you want an RV, go find a boyfriend with RV money. You wanna stay with Cusetroop and his syracuse travel addiction, we're gonna have to go a different route. She's just as pumped as I am. Ripped the carpets out last night.

Camper.jpg

We always do a few camping trips each summer. Fishing trips, outings with friends, ATVing. We spent a few months talking about how we wanted to kick it up a notch this summer. Camp more, hit more destinations. This quickly turned into her grumbling about being over the whole "sleeping in a tent" thing. I love our tent, so I wasn't on board. Then I started looking at RVs, RV loans, things were looking promising. Then I saw this thing. Immediately fell in love. Will take some work, some love, and a few baths, but this is what the cusetroop fam will be bopping around in from now on

Listen, you want an RV, go find a boyfriend with RV money. You wanna stay with Cusetroop and his syracuse travel addiction, we're gonna have to go a different route. She's just as pumped as I am. Ripped the carpets out last night.

View attachment 182435
You’re the man. I hope to run into you some day and raise a glass together to the god “Cuse”

My trip was canceled because I can't spend my entire vacation under quarantine for two weeks. I'd be in the hotel the entire time then back to the airport.

My trip was canceled because I can't spend my entire vacation under quarantine for two weeks. I'd be in the hotel the entire time then back to the airport.
Where to?

Japan. First time traveling overseas. Was excited until the virus hit. Friend canceled her trip to Korea for the same reason.
Ah... yeah international makes sense. I was thinking domestic. Bummer though, for sure!

Japan. First time traveling overseas. Was excited until the virus hit. Friend canceled her trip to Korea for the same reason.

Not a bad idea. I wouldn't even want to deal with being sick overseas and dealing with insurance.

Save your money and take the vacation when you can enjoy it.

View attachment 182435
I'm operating on the assumption that flights are out for the next year or two so I'm going to look at a van tomorrow...

View attachment 182435

Not gonna lie. That thing is so you. Hawt.

Less than two weeks until lake George vacation. These days are going to crawl by..
Luckily the weather is starting to warm, so you’ll actually be able to swim in two weeks. Lake Champlain is struggling to get out of the fifties.

Luckily the weather is starting to warm, so you’ll actually be able to swim in two weeks. Lake Champlain is struggling to get out of the fifties.
Oh I’d swim regardless but the water is definitely colder some years than others. The last few weeks we have had some solid warm weather throughout the NE. Hope it continues. In my life we have had every sort of weather reasonably possible during my vacations there but we always cross our fingers hoping for no rain and warm weather. Couple years ago we actually made a fire in the cabin it was so chilly outside. That sucked. Have also been there during ridiculous heat and humidity. That’s more tolerable but less enjoyable than steady 70s/80s low humidity.

we’ll see. Can’t control it either way!

Oh I’d swim regardless but the water is definitely colder some years than others. The last few weeks we have had some solid warm weather throughout the NE. Hope it continues. In my life we have had every sort of weather reasonably possible during my vacations there but we always cross our fingers hoping for no rain and warm weather. Couple years ago we actually made a fire in the cabin it was so chilly outside. That sucked. Have also been there during ridiculous heat and humidity. That’s more tolerable but less enjoyable than steady 70s/80s low humidity.

we’ll see. Can’t control it either way!
Have a blast!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom