Anyone actually taking that summer trip?

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
New Orleans is one of my favorite places on Earth, but over July 4th holy crap. I feel like I'm sweating just reading that.
That would usually give me pause as well but lived in TX for the last year so it may actually be a few degrees cooler and walking drinks help keep things bearable.

Roger N

Beer: Ask your Doctor If It's Right For you
New Orleans is one of my favorite places on Earth, but over July 4th holy crap. I feel like I'm sweating just reading that.
That's why beverages are so available

Roger N

Beer: Ask your Doctor If It's Right For you
Staying at the inn at Erlowest. We are driving to Altamont(outside Albany) on the 6th to go to Indian Ladder Farms Cidery and Brewery. My dads cousins son owns it and we have been wanting to go for a few years. Then we will head to LG after. On the 7th we will be driving to North Creek to bike the rails.

I'm not sure if anyone in this thread watches the Food Network, but my wife wants to go to one of the Restaurants shown on Summer Rush. We will probably go to Cates in Bolton Landing.
Had lunch at Cates last August and looked over the Chateau as a place to go to this year. All of a sudden I'm flipping channels and see this place (Boldton Landing) I recognise on The Food Network.

Last edited:

Guinness

Living Legend
We are headed west in about a week. Going to take an outdoor road trip through Montana and Wyoming. I am a bit nervous about flying but we will wear masks the whole flight and given the number of people at work not wearing masks I don't know that I am at any more risk. At least that is my rationalization.

CuseFaninVT

Living Legend
We are headed west in about a week. Going to take an outdoor road trip through Montana and Wyoming. I am a bit nervous about flying but we will wear masks the whole flight and given the number of people at work not wearing masks I don't know that I am at any more risk. At least that is my rationalization.
Hitting this up? Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

I got to do a bunch of work out that way in the last decade or so, some great things to see.

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Drove over to Nola for a few days. Got there on Wed afternoon and the 1st 2 days were a bit eerie as I had never seen the whole city so empty. Pretty much everyone had a mask on except of course the 60 and over white folks that still believe it's a hoax and may be removed from the voting pool as a result of their blind faith in Orange Jesus. By Fri night though it was back to maybe 50% of normal with lots of groups all around the FQ, most without masks on or with them on and just down at their chin. Certainly appears there will be a spike in the city again or wherever all those folks came from.

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
Drove over to Nola for a few days. Got there on Wed afternoon and the 1st 2 days were a bit eerie as I had never seen the whole city so empty. Pretty much everyone had a mask on except of course the 60 and over white folks that still believe it's a hoax and may be removed from the voting pool as a result of their blind faith in Orange Jesus. By Fri night though it was back to maybe 50% of normal with lots of groups all around the FQ, most without masks on or with them on and just down at their chin. Certainly appears there will be a spike in the city again or wherever all those folks came from.
Way to work in the socially acceptable version of political division without having to venture to the Off Topic forum.

I’m in Cape May and all the white 60 and overs are wearing masks while they’re walking outside in the hot sun. I’m not sure they’ll get to vote for cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs either. I wanted to tell them to start protesting something to save their lives.

CuseFaninVT

Living Legend
Anybody got a family cabin on a lake in the adirondacks they are looking to rent for a week or so? Would love to have a place to bring my boat to, but I could live without her as well. Market is wicked tight this summer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom