Anyone actually taking that summer trip? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone actually taking that summer trip?

Want to "Road Trip it" across country as soon as this is over. New Jersey to Texas to New Mexico and on to San Diego. Spend a couple days in LA County. North to meet up with a nephew and his extended family in Ventura County. Go east a little and drive up through Death Valley to Yosemite, Sequoia and what ever. Play it by ear after that. Also want to hit the the Great Lakes sometime soon. I was planning on working that trip into the Western Michigan game. Brother in Ohio, cousin in Chicago and on to the upper Penninsula of Michigan. Maybe Toronto after that.

Buddy and his fiance just canceled their joint bach party that was supposed to be Jun 19-21 at an AirBnb in PA with about 18 people. They reached out over the weekend and many people were still on board but I guess there were still concerns. They might try to reschedule for later in the year.

Would have been a blast. I am supposed to go to Lake George the following week, so that was the source of my hesitation (since I would be around family the following weekend/week).

Screw this thing.

Buddy and his fiance just canceled their joint bach party that was supposed to be Jun 19-21 at an AirBnb in PA with about 18 people. They reached out over the weekend and many people were still on board but I guess there were still concerns. They might try to reschedule for later in the year.

Would have been a blast. I am supposed to go to Lake George the following week, so that was the source of my hesitation (since I would be around family the following weekend/week).

Screw this thing.

Now there's another topic for discussion: how do we feel about these joint couple bachelor parties? I know people who've done them and had a great time, but off the top of my head I'm not friends with any couples who I'd want to do that with.

Want to "Road Trip it" across country as soon as this is over. New Jersey to Texas to New Mexico and on to San Diego. Spend a couple days in LA County. North to meet up with a nephew and his extended family in Ventura County. Go east a little and drive up through Death Valley to Yosemite, Sequoia and what ever. Play it by ear after that. Also want to hit the the Great Lakes sometime soon. I was planning on working that trip into the Western Michigan game. Brother in Ohio, cousin in Chicago and on to the upper Penninsula of Michigan. Maybe Toronto after that.

Have you ever been to the UP before? I have family from up there but I've never been. Houghton, I think, or near there. Copper country. I was supposed to join my father and grandfather on a trip up there in summer 2007 but let work get in the way unfortunately.

Now there's another topic for discussion: how do we feel about these joint couple bachelor parties? I know people who've done them and had a great time, but off the top of my head I'm not friends with any couples who I'd want to do that with.
Haha... I did one, and it was fun but we also had tons of time away from the women. This would have been all of us, primarily wedding party/family included, but more women than men. I already brought this up with the groom and he said he was all good with it, didn't want a "real" bachelor party. I am on your side though.

If it's in addition to a regular bachelor party where the gentlemen go out of town for a weekend (minimum), then fine. If it replaces it, just hand over your testicles when you walk in the couples door, because you've lost.

If it's in addition to a regular bachelor party where the gentlemen go out of town for a weekend (minimum), then fine. If it replaces it, just hand over your testicles when you walk in the couples door, because you've lost.
Wow...savagery.

Have you ever been to the UP before? I have family from up there but I've never been. Houghton, I think, or near there. Copper country. I was supposed to join my father and grandfather on a trip up there in summer 2007 but let work get in the way unfortunately.
I went to Central Michigan, so had sort of Michigan roots. After college, I was employed by a cpa firm in NYC (Lybrand Ross Bros. and Montgomery. Copper Range was a copper company with mines in the Upper Penninsula and headquarteres in NYC. LRB&M were the auditors. I was a lowly first year guy and got assigned because I graduated from CMU. First thing I did was to take on the driving responsibilites. I was traveling with four New York City guys who couldn't drive on snow and ice.

The flight there was a long one. New York to Chicago then Noth Central, a puddle jumper from Chicago to the twin cities of Hurley Wi and Ironwood MI. The guy at the airport, wore several hats. Ticket agent, rented cars, handled luggage, directed the plane to the gate and wheeled out the stairs to the plane. We landed in every place that had a population over 30,000 people all the way up the west side of Lake Michigan. The mine was located in White Pine, Mi located a few miles south of Lake Superior.

What an adventure I had on that audit. Went to Hurley Wi on Saturday night. It was a former sin city of Chicago in th Al Capone era. Lots of laughs. I became an unoffical smelter.

To get a picture what the UP is like, look up "Anatomy of a Murder" I read the book and saw the movie. Great cast - and directed by Otto Preminger. Go here: Anatomy of a Murder (1959) - IMDb for a description of UP locacations

He doesn't care much for ROC people either.
That Rochester comment came out of nowhere! This isn't a thing, is it?

That Rochester comment came out of nowhere! This isn't a thing, is it?
Yah not sure where that came from. Hopefully if he ventures through here again he'll have a better experience. It's definitely a techie town, but there are plenty of cultural amenities and nice people.

Yah not sure where that came from. Hopefully if he ventures through here again he'll have a better experience. It's definitely a techie town, but there are plenty of cultural amenities and nice people.
I'm from Fairport. :) Seriously, I never heard that area get a bad rap.

My annual trip to Destin, FL has been cancelled. :mad::mad::mad:

How about the Thousand Islands?

Family trip?

Yup. My wife and son, in-laws, sister-in-law and my niece. My in-laws pay for the whole thing, so I'm not losing any $ but we all look forward to that vacation all year...

Yup. My wife and son, in-laws, sister-in-law and my niece. My in-laws pay for the whole thing, so I'm not losing any $ but we all look forward to that vacation all year...
Did you guys cancel or the place you go isn't allowing travel?

They cancelled. The airplane tickets and rental van had not yet been purchased, and the timeshare place was already paid for years ago, so no loss there.
The cost of the second apartment that they rent is probably going to have to be eaten.

Wife is kind of pushing to head to NOLA for the long weekend. About a 6 hour drive which is no big deal with reduced traffic. They just started doing a safe reopening with capacity at 25% at the places that choose to re-open. Been stuck in the house with the boys(11&12) for 2+ months, so even just walking around our favorite city, avoiding people and getting muffalettas & po'boys via takeout for 2-3 days might be a decent reprieve. Still not sure it's worth the money/effort though.

Beautiful place.

Everything is far away from each other and takes forever to get to. Wouldn’t go there without plenty of extra time.

It’s a great time to travel.

Florida has been so amazing. This weekend I’ll go see a SU friend in Tampa and go out on his boat. We can’t all hide inside forever and give up everything we like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom