Anyone actually taking that summer trip? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone actually taking that summer trip?

New Orleans is one of my favorite places on Earth, but over July 4th holy crap. I feel like I'm sweating just reading that.
That's why beverages are so available

Staying at the inn at Erlowest. We are driving to Altamont(outside Albany) on the 6th to go to Indian Ladder Farms Cidery and Brewery. My dads cousins son owns it and we have been wanting to go for a few years. Then we will head to LG after. On the 7th we will be driving to North Creek to bike the rails.

I'm not sure if anyone in this thread watches the Food Network, but my wife wants to go to one of the Restaurants shown on Summer Rush. We will probably go to Cates in Bolton Landing.
Had lunch at Cates last August and looked over the Chateau as a place to go to this year. All of a sudden I'm flipping channels and see this place (Boldton Landing) I recognise on The Food Network.

Last edited:
We are headed west in about a week. Going to take an outdoor road trip through Montana and Wyoming. I am a bit nervous about flying but we will wear masks the whole flight and given the number of people at work not wearing masks I don't know that I am at any more risk. At least that is my rationalization.

We are headed west in about a week. Going to take an outdoor road trip through Montana and Wyoming. I am a bit nervous about flying but we will wear masks the whole flight and given the number of people at work not wearing masks I don't know that I am at any more risk. At least that is my rationalization.
Hitting this up? Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

I got to do a bunch of work out that way in the last decade or so, some great things to see.

Drove over to Nola for a few days. Got there on Wed afternoon and the 1st 2 days were a bit eerie as I had never seen the whole city so empty. Pretty much everyone had a mask on except of course the 60 and over white folks that still believe it's a hoax and may be removed from the voting pool as a result of their blind faith in Orange Jesus. By Fri night though it was back to maybe 50% of normal with lots of groups all around the FQ, most without masks on or with them on and just down at their chin. Certainly appears there will be a spike in the city again or wherever all those folks came from.

Drove over to Nola for a few days. Got there on Wed afternoon and the 1st 2 days were a bit eerie as I had never seen the whole city so empty. Pretty much everyone had a mask on except of course the 60 and over white folks that still believe it's a hoax and may be removed from the voting pool as a result of their blind faith in Orange Jesus. By Fri night though it was back to maybe 50% of normal with lots of groups all around the FQ, most without masks on or with them on and just down at their chin. Certainly appears there will be a spike in the city again or wherever all those folks came from.

Way to work in the socially acceptable version of political division without having to venture to the Off Topic forum.

I’m in Cape May and all the white 60 and overs are wearing masks while they’re walking outside in the hot sun. I’m not sure they’ll get to vote for cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs either. I wanted to tell them to start protesting something to save their lives.

Anybody got a family cabin on a lake in the adirondacks they are looking to rent for a week or so? Would love to have a place to bring my boat to, but I could live without her as well. Market is wicked tight this summer.

Just picked up a 12 pack orange shandy, 12 pack brewology, and two six packs or canoe paddler.
All leinenkugels.
Only issue is I can’t find any vanilla porter...

Also got my liter of Jameo.

Leinenkugels Original is good beer. Too bad you have to go to Wisconsin to get it. Well, the only thing you see around here is the shandy. :(

$99 each way to Cancun from Houston on Southwest sale, booked last night, leaving in 6 hours. Isn't great there but no worse than here and 88 out instead of 102.

Obviously am a bit nervous about it but read this article yesterday and figured that we can manage.

We've finally booked a trip. Just an extended weekend up in the Finger Lakes. Gonna be a long drive for me but should be fun just getting to spend some time with our families, drink some wine, and relax.

I think we're going to look into renting a place somewhere around here just to get away for a little bit as well.

Got in late last night. Can confirm the water is still turquoise, not a lot of people around and seems safer than Texas currently. Security guard used a thermal scanner before letting us on the property.

Got in late last night. Can confirm the water is still turquoise, not a lot of people around and seems safer than Texas currently. Security guard used a thermal scanner before letting us on the property.
Jealous

Jealous
Wouldn't normally come here because Cancun is pretty terrible and Tulum or Cozumel are a much better choice but at this price and no one around, I'll take it.

Isn't great there but no worse than here

That was my rationalization as well. Can wear a mask and social distance at home or on the road. Unless we never leave the house the risks are pretty much the same once we leave the front door.

That was my rationalization as well. Can wear a mask and social distance at home or on the road. Unless we never leave the house the risks are pretty much the same once we leave the front door.
Went to dinner last night and masks are required, they take your temp, make you use hand sanitizer before you're allowed to enter. Folks said the Govt is inspecting places and any spot not following protocol is immediately shut down.

Hitting this up? Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

I got to do a bunch of work out that way in the last decade or so, some great things to see.

2000 miles put on our rental car. Flew into Rapid City, SD and out of SLC. Visited 4 national parks and 3 national monuments.

For the most part everyone followed the mask and social distance rules. There was only one point that we felt unsafe and left somewhere because folks were not masking up. We did skip some sights like Mammoth Springs in Yellowstone because of the crowds but overall we spent a ton of time outside so it did not feel any more risky then going to work daily or the grocery store.

to the folks flying, what was your experience from check-in to flight? I am debating flying and am very anxious about possible exposure.

Has anyone been to the Cape? Want to see how the # of visitors compares to previous years

Has anyone been to the Cape? Want to see how the # of visitors compares to previous years
We take day trips to the Cape all the time. Obv, not all the way out (Ptown, etc.). It seems the number of people is down. Not astronomically, but down, nonetheless.

to the folks flying, what was your experience from check-in to flight? I am debating flying and am very anxious about possible exposure.
Airports are pretty empty. I've flown the last 2 weekends. To DC and back to Austin the flights were maybe 1/3 full. Southwest isn't allowong middle seats and we had an empty row next to us each way. Cancun flight was more like 50% full and seemed closer to normal but still everyone with a mask on. They will only bring out 1 snack handout and only water for everyone. Very minimal interaction. Honestly feel like a trip to the grocery store is as bad, at least in Texas. My wife is prepared for everything we could need so I at least like to think that we are limiting any possibilty of exposure to the very bare minimum.

I have been traveling throughout this pandemic for work and I wouldn’t fly for recreational travel if it were me. I’m am currently out in California for a month. I would normally fly my wife and kids out for such a long trip but I just don’t want to put them at risk. Everywhere I go it’s a crap shoot if people wear there mask and act with common sense. Then again it’s been business as usual for me. If I were cooped up for half a year I probably would roll the dice to get out of dodge.

We take day trips to the Cape all the time. Obv, not all the way out (Ptown, etc.). It seems the number of people is down. Not astronomically, but down, nonetheless.
I’ve heard about a number of steps taken by localities to reduce the numbers of people on the beaches. Did you hear about people being turned away from the beach?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom