Anyone catch the JB quote on retirement | Syracusefan.com

Anyone catch the JB quote on retirement

OrangeFoo

All American
He doesn't seem too bought into the stated plan. JB, Hop and the admins need to get on the same page for the future of the program. If he is staying announce it and tell him he needs to go find an ace recruiter. If he is leaving as planned confirm it in public so Hop can recruit. We can't keep this going.

He doesn't seem too bought into the stated plan. JB, Hop and the admins need to get on the same page for the future of the program. If he is staying announce it and tell him he needs to go find an ace recruiter. If he is leaving as planned confirm it in public so Hop can recruit. We can't keep this going.

He's leaving at the end of the 2017-18 season.

Unless he decides to leave in 2 months.

It's decided. There is nothing to announce. It has been announced.

JB is just playing with the media. He has told incoming recruits and their coaches he will coach them next season.

He can't leave soon enough for me. His treatment of TR is disturbing and indefensible.

My 2nd favorite Carmelo quote after "accolades is accolades".

Someone made a meme of it with Boeheim in his plaid suit, but I havent been able to find it of late. Carmelo has been awesome for the occasional quote.

He can't leave soon enough for me. His treatment of TR is disturbing and indefensible.

Circumstances would make me regret it if I wished him away like that, but the thought does cross my mind.

Difficult to argue that this coaching staff builds up kids like Roberson and Howard, molds them into better players. That aspect is frustrating. It's natural to wonder if someone else could do better.

IMG_0735.JPG
Someone made a meme of it with Boeheim in his plaid suit, but I havent been able to find it of late. Carmelo has been awesome for the occasional quote.

It's decided. There is nothing to announce. It has been announced.
Great then why not communicate a consistent message? Because when I hear his comments I don't hear someone ready to retire. Must make Hopkins thrilled to read and hear that stuff.

Great then why not communicate a consistent message? Because when I hear his comments I don't hear someone ready to retire. Must make Hopkins thrilled to read and hear that stuff.
How many messages do you want them to send out? Jb will not be the coach in two years.

My .02:

The odds he leaves after this year are super low - they recruited kids based on him being there next year.

The odds he leaves after next year are somewhat high but not a lock.

The odds he's being straight with Hopkins are about 99%... I would bet that Hopkins knows more than anyone in the world except JB about his thought process on this (OK, maybe Juli), and I can't imagine Hop is reading the newspapers sweating it out. I'm sure he knows what's up.

Actually, I think it's 66, but who's really counting anyways. ;)
It's like when the school made the T-shirt, "just me and thirty something thousand something of my friends" and screwed up the number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom