Anyone else feel like this... | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else feel like this...

PatMark

Walk On
Does it feel a little bit like the inmates are running the asylum right now?

General complacency last year
Players refuse to practice in August (albeit for good reason - I think)
Lack of communication about testing (how?)
Cisco “opt out” video in October after injury (obviously filmed in summer)
Families griping on Facebook and message boards
Taj flipping off the tv cameras
Penalties penalties penalties (10 more today)
Consistent bad body language

sorry for the random list of gripes but I think they all add up to a discipline/culture issue on the hill right now...

Cisco's pre-filmed video and the team's refusal to practice back in August both show a lack of "wanting it."
I think other teams were focused on excelling when we were focused on other things.

Does it feel a little bit like the inmates are running the asylum right now?

General complacency last year
Players refuse to practice in August (albeit for good reason - I think)
Lack of communication about testing (how?)
Cisco “opt out” video in October after injury (obviously filmed in summer)
Families griping on Facebook and message boards
Taj flipping off the tv cameras
Penalties penalties penalties (10 more today)
Consistent bad body language

sorry for the random list of gripes but I think they all add up to a discipline/culture issue on the hill right now...

if it’s a trade off and player empowerment is the issue, I’ll live with the results. Players standing up for themselves in a pandemic is good full stop

culture is different than discipline

Cisco's pre-filmed video and the team's refusal to practice back in August both show a lack of "wanting it."
I think other teams were focused on excelling when we were focused on other things.

winning isn’t everything = a good lesson to learn in 2020

I'm going to use the Buffalo Bills as an example (like them or not) Coach Mcdermott said you can either use this season as an excuse or use this time to get better or something like that. Well I don't think we used the time to get better.

We never did determine when Cisco's video was made.

It used highlights from 2018, 2019, and this August.

He could have asked the SU Staff to throw it together a week ago for all we know.

We never did determine when Cisco's video was made.

It used highlights from 2018, 2019, and this August.

He could have asked the SU Staff to throw it together a week ago for all we know.

you’re not opting out of the season when you tear your ACL. It was rumored all summer he was thinking about it. It all adds up. The players knew all of it too. The fact that one of their leaders apparently wasn’t all in all summer is concerning, even if it was virus related.

The loss sucks but overall I thought Rex played well. Yes there are things he could work on but I felt the offense moved better today than all season. We were actually able to sustain some drivers. The team did not need to rely on deep throws to score.

you’re not opting out of the season when you tear your ACL. It was rumored all summer he was thinking about it. It all adds up. The players knew all of it too. The fact that one of their leaders apparently wasn’t all in all summer is concerning, even if it was virus related.

Why not just opt out in July?

7 tackles, 4 assists, and 1 INT in two games. He wasn't playing like a guy who didn't want to be there.

That bothered me, cant you wait until after the season to make your declaration? Guys used to handle it that way but now its all about me, me , me

Bingo, Dino needs to get some more dogs who are hungry

if it’s a trade off and player empowerment is the issue, I’ll live with the results. Players standing up for themselves in a pandemic is good full stop

Yeah and that will contribute to producing these type of results

That bothered me, cant you wait until after the season to make your declaration? Guys used to handle it that way but now its all about me, me , me
It’s a new era... You want to sign with an agent and start prepping for the NFL draft you opt out now. He’s not the only one doing it. Times have changed and Cisco loses out on a lot of potential training if he waits two months.

Yep, the Eric Dungey leadership and gung ho mentality is lacking

It’s a new era... You want to sign with an agent and start prepping for the NFL draft you opt out now. He’s not the only one doing it. Times have changed and Cisco loses out on a lot of potential training if he waits two months.
He cant train, only rehab, but thats cool bounce on your teammates for better rehab in AZ or wherever

My favorite is Abdul Adams opting out so he can “prepare for the NFL draft” while the best at his position opted in and is rushing for 200 yards a week. He might rush for 300 against us next week.

Guys just don’t seem to want it for whatever reason and would rather quit than fight. This program is broken.

Why not just opt out in July?

7 tackles, 4 assists, and 1 INT in two games. He wasn't playing like a guy who didn't want to be there.

Again, he didn’t opt out. He got hurt. His season is done. The whole “opt out” video is just another me first thing we are seeing with this team.

Don’t disagree with your point and I guess I should have also noted I think there is a serious disconnect between the coaching staff and players. The whole skipping practice and “lack of communication” just screams it’s a mess up there.

I think that says more about the program than the players for those that don’t want to play this year. Cisco made that video This summer and you can tell just from the language of what he says. That was mid Covid and there’s no doubt.
I never thought a guy like Dino would ever lose a team given his character but he has lost them. It’s that simple and it sucks...

Cisco has a real shot at being a great nfl player and those that think he shouldn’t pursue are probably the same that thinks it’s stupid when a b-ball player for cuse leaves early too like Lydon or Eli. There isn’t one person on This board who is going back to schoool to play for free when they have the opportunity to make millions.

I think that says more about the program than the players for those that don’t want to play this year. Cisco made that video This summer and you can tell just from the language of what he says. That was mid Covid and there’s no doubt.
I never thought a guy like Dino would ever lose a team given his character but he has lost them. It’s that simple and it sucks...

Cisco has a real shot at being a great nfl player and those that think he shouldn’t pursue are probably the same that thinks it’s stupid when a b-ball player for cuse leaves early too like Lydon or Eli. There isn’t one person on This board who is going back to schoool to play for free when they have the opportunity to make millions.

You say there's "no doubt" that Cisco was opting out in July.

Except that he played two games, and he'd still be playing if not for a freak accident.

How can a guy want to play and not want to play at the same time?

Schrödinger's Cisco?

My favorite is Abdul Adams opting out so he can “prepare for the NFL draft” while the best at his position opted in and is rushing for 200 yards a week. He might rush for 300 against us next week.

Guys just don’t seem to want it for whatever reason and would rather quit than fight. This program is broken.

Adams "opted out" from Oklahoma after two years.

He opted out from Syracuse after two years.

Maybe he's the one who's broken?

Opted out, is the new pc way to say quit

There has always been transferring, declaring for the draft early

now there is opting out which before Covid happend was before a non playoff game bowl game

He didn't tear his ACL, he injured it. He could play right now if he wanted to. I do not blame him for looking to his future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom