Anyone else get am email regarding ACC Tourney from SU | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else get am email regarding ACC Tourney from SU

Stevenson

2023 Cali Award Winner Pts Against & Passing Yards
Anyone else get am email regarding ACC Tourney from SU? I bought tickets through them in the lower level two weeks ago. Today I get an email asking me to call them. They say my tickets are now in the upper level row S. I have the option to decline, which I am going to do.

them. And their football season ticket renewel. I will never, ever purchase another ticket directly thru SU.

clowns.

Anyone else get am email regarding ACC Tourney from SU? I bought tickets through them in the lower level two weeks ago. Today I get an email asking me to call them. They say my tickets are now in the upper level row S. I have the option to decline, which I am going to do.

them. And their football season ticket renewel. I will never, ever purchase another ticket directly thru SU.

clowns.

buy from somewhere else, take money out of syracuse's pockets... smart.

clowns.
Wow. That shocks me. They offered the lower level to Orange Club supporters first... than the upper level to the general public. It would have been one thing if they told you that you were too late for lower level tickets and offered to sell you upper level instead. But to take your money... and then tell you there are no tickets... that's no way to win friends. Obviously it was some kind of screw-up and not intentional... but still.

I just got a 3rd email asking me if I wanted to buy tix. The first one was for uppers at 310 or lowers at 410 because the didn't sell their lower allotment to he biggest donors. The next was just for uppers so they must have sold out the lowers to the <5k donors. They either over sold the lowers or others jumped in late and SU relented to them. The 3rd email today means we still haven't sold out allotment even with a public sale. Or maybe there are more like you that have said no thanks and they are having to now sell then again.

I bought mine 2 seconds after the original email was sent in early Feb. I got confirmed lower level seats. They charged my credit card.

Today they call and say: "sorry, you are in the upper level. You don't have to take the tickets and if you do, you don't have to pay the fee. We have already credited your card the fees."

And when I say upper level, I mean way upper level. Six rows from the roof. Sounds like I was one of the few that got boned. I too have seen multiple emails for the upper level seats, indicating they were having problems selling their allotment. So how do I get bumped to the end of the pack in the upper level?

Had I selected upper level in early Feb, I would have received a very low row. Instead, I'm in nosebleed land. This for a guy who ponied up early. Bush League treatment by a Bush ticket office and Bush athletic department.

I done with these clowns. I've had football seasons off and on since I graduated even though I was living in Connecticut and Massachusetts and rarely used the seats. Most times I gave them away to locals so they could get a taste of the SU Football experience. I go to more sporting events than most people on this board I think. I'm a Bruins season ticket holder. I practically take my mail at Fenway in the summer. By far, SU has the worst customer service and buying tickets from them is like having a colonoscopy done in the backseat of your car while you are driving it.

I'll be in Vermont that weekend. Good thing I hadn't cancelled that trip already.
F-SU

Same thing happened to me...total BS because I called right after initially purchasing lowers and they guaranteed that if I was able to purchase the $410 tickets (season ticket holder) that I would be getting the lowers. They said they wouldn't allow me to purchase if they had run out or my donor level was insufficient. So they either didn't get as many as thought or we got bumped for somebody else :(

Most annoying thing is that I was planning on having some decent seats for first game that I was going to be able to bring my son too so that pisses me off even more.

I bought mine 2 seconds after the original email was sent in early Feb. I got confirmed lower level seats. They charged my credit card.

Today they call and say: "sorry, you are in the upper level. You don't have to take the tickets and if you do, you don't have to pay the fee. We have already credited your card the fees."

And when I say upper level, I mean way upper level. Six rows from the roof. Sounds like I was one of the few that got boned. I too have seen multiple emails for the upper level seats, indicating they were having problems selling their allotment. So how do I get bumped to the end of the pack in the upper level?

Had I selected upper level in early Feb, I would have received a very low row. Instead, I'm in nosebleed land. This for a guy who ponied up early. Bush League treatment by a Bush ticket office and Bush athletic department.

I done with these clowns. I've had football seasons off and on since I graduated even though I was living in Connecticut and Massachusetts and rarely used the seats. Most times I gave them away to locals so they could get a taste of the SU Football experience. I go to more sporting events than most people on this board I think. I'm a Bruins season ticket holder. I practically take my mail at Fenway in the summer. By far, SU has the worst customer service and buying tickets from them is like having a colonoscopy done in the backseat of your car while you are driving it.

I'll be in Vermont that weekend. Good thing I hadn't cancelled that trip already.
F-SU

Last edited:
Thats horse but with su w the double bye, can prob save money by just salping lowers for those 3 days. I imagine the finals is a cheap ticket <$100

Reactions: cto
Stevenson : if you send a somewhat cleaned up version of your experience to TGD you might feel a bit better. It won't help your predicament, but may help with things going forward.

Since there was an email/advertisement for the lower level at $410 and the money was drawn out of their accounts, is that considered a binding contract? What say you lawyers or those who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

rrlbees said:
Since there was an email/advertisement for the lower level at $410 and the money was drawn out of their accounts, is that considered a binding contract? What say you lawyers or those who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

I'm no lawyer and it's been awhile since I've stayed at a Holiday Inn, but it sounds like a prototypical bait and switch.

I can't blame folks for being pissed.

I say there are no damages since they paid the money back. It is a contract as there was an offer and acceptance but probably no real damages by the breach.

I say there are no damages since they paid the money back. It is a contract as there was an offer and acceptance but probably no real damages by the breach.

This.

But it is infuriating - it doesn't suggest that SU values the people who willingly give them thousands of dollars each year. Year after year of F-level service from the people in the ticket office and no indication that anyone in the athletic department is troubled by it.

I agree with the idea that you should politely e-mail Gross on this. Everyone who has this sort of experience should. It hasn't helped in the past, but ignoring the problem isn't going to get results.

F-SU
i think the bigeast tourny will send a car up and back to vermont for every game you and all your friends wish to attend.

once in the Garden, you will be seating courtside with complimentary food & alcohol...

It probably just suggests someone F-ed up, and it wasn't Stevenson. But that's about it.

If you never again buy tickets from SU directly, I am fairly certain they'll get their money, and you'd be paying a premium to stand on your soapbox.

Regardless ... I got two email about buying tickets for the tournament. If you refuse to buy from SU, let me know what you want, and I'll resell the tickets to you at a premium.

Something good has to come of this :)

This.

But it is infuriating - it doesn't suggest that SU values the people who willingly give them thousands of dollars each year. Year after year of F-level service from the people in the ticket office and no indication that anyone in the athletic department is troubled by it.

I agree with the idea that you should politely e-mail Gross on this. Everyone who has this sort of experience should. It hasn't helped in the past, but ignoring the problem isn't going to get results.

Did anyone else notice that the email said you would get tickets to all 11 ACC Tourny games? I am pretty sure there are more than 11 games this year.

It probably just suggests someone F-ed up, and it wasn't Stevenson. But that's about it.

If you never again buy tickets from SU directly, I am fairly certain they'll get their money, and you'd be paying a premium to stand on your soapbox.

Regardless ... I got two email about buying tickets for the tournament. If you refuse to buy from SU, let me know what you want, and I'll resell the tickets to you at a premium.

Something good has to come of this :)

I'm not saying that I won't buy from SU. Right now, I'm inclined to do what I can to support the University while also weighing that against what's convenient and/or inexpensive for me.

But I sympathize with Stevenson and can understand why he wouldn't want to pay SU directly.

It's not just the one-time screw-up that bothers me. Not even the pattern (well-documented on this board) of screw-ups over the years. What irks me is the fact that SU is unresponsive about this. Rank and file does whatever they please, middle management doesn't seem to have control of them, and Gross has seemed unwilling to make the changes in middle management that result in positive changes at the customer service (and game presentation, and marketing) level.

And that's really my only gripe with Gross, who's been a fabulous athletic director. But -- while I'll still buy things directly from SU -- it does give me pause when I'm making spending decisions. [Sadly, this problem isn't confined to the athletic department, and SU's losing out on money because of that.]