Anyone else have a problem with Dome lighting? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else have a problem with Dome lighting?

billorange44

2nd String
My first time to see the new Dome Saturday and I was blown away. All was wonderful until the Alma Mater and the National Anthem. The changing of the lights made me feel off kilter. Then, I got the dreaded migraine aura. Then my head started thumping. The headache lasted about 20 minutes, then I just felt lousy like you do after a migraine. I know I am light sensitive, but I hope this won't be the normal occurrence. I am thinking not to go to my seat or inside the Dome until just before the scheduled kick off time Anyone else have this problem? I hope it's just me.

That sucks. I feel for you. I have 2 kids with autism who have some sensory issues, although the Dome doesn't seem to bother them. Do sunglasses help with your sensitivity? I remember Tony Sparano used to wear shades during night games to help with some ocular issues.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm coming to the Purdue game and I get an ophthalmic migraine maybe once every year or two. I rarely get a bad headache with them anymore (maybe once every 5 years or so) but I do sort of lose my vision with the aura for about 20-30 minutes. I also feel lousy afterwards and the next day. Ironically, I got my first one my sophomore year at SU back in what now seems like the 14th century. My only known trigger is a light flash, although not always.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm coming to the Purdue game and I get an ophthalmic migraine maybe once every year or two. I rarely get a bad headache with them anymore (maybe once every 5 years or so) but I do sort of lose my vision with the aura for about 20-30 minutes. I also feel lousy afterwards and the next day. Ironically, I got my first one my sophomore year at SU back in what now seems like the 14th century. My only known trigger is a light flash, although not always.
That sounds just like it. I was blind for about 20 minutes. What helps the most is being able to rest for twenty minutes on a dark room. I can still function after, but I do feel yucky. No more National Anthems for me.

That sucks. I feel for you. I have 2 kids with autism who have some sensory issues, although the Dome doesn't seem to bother them. Do sunglasses help with your sensitivity? I remember Tony Sparano used to wear shades during night games to help with some ocular issues.
I thought of that myself,but thanks just the same.

I don't have those symptoms thankfully but the lighting seems off and at bad angles for players. I'm sure it has all been tested but I do know they asked high school kids that played there last year if the lighting bothered them.

My first time to see the new Dome Saturday and I was blown away. All was wonderful until the Alma Mater and the National Anthem. The changing of the lights made me feel off kilter. Then, I got the dreaded migraine aura. Then my head started thumping. The headache lasted about 20 minutes, then I just felt lousy like you do after a migraine. I know I am light sensitive, but I hope this won't be the normal occurrence. I am thinking not to go to my seat or inside the Dome until just before the scheduled kick off time Anyone else have this problem? I hope it's just me.

Maybe try some blue light blocking glasses? Pretty cheap and might be result of all the LED lighting?

It’s 100 times better than what it was. Think they must have fiddled with the shrouds and angle of lights. First year, in 300 level, felt like light shining right in eyes the entire game. This year much better

It’s 100 times better than what it was. Think they must have fiddled with the shrouds and angle of lights. First year, in 300 level, felt like light shining right in eyes the entire game. This year much better
Now they are shining on my eyes in the lower level if I look up above field level. I don’t remember that from last year.

Close your eyes we need that dream team Chicago bulls laser light show ! Lol

Now they are shining on my eyes in the lower level if I look up above field level. I don’t remember that from last year.
Sorry, its likely a zero sum situation.

I thought I was the only person who got these, although mine never come with a headache or feeling lousy. It’s just the aura. If I shut things down for about twenty minutes all is well. When it’s going on, I can’t really see much. First time it happened I was driving and i thought I was having a stroke. Eye doctor and primary care both checked me out and said it will happen every so often. My triggers are very bright lights in the morning.

I thought I was the only person who got these, although mine never come with a headache or feeling lousy. It’s just the aura. If I shut things down for about twenty minutes all is well. When it’s going on, I can’t really see much. First time it happened I was driving and i thought I was having a stroke. Eye doctor and primary care both checked me out and said it will happen every so often. My triggers are very bright lights in the morning.
If I realize I am getting one...the first little zigzag light before it starts to expand...if I down some strong coffee and a few Motrin, it lessens the severity. It doesn't stop it though, and I resign myself to basically not seeing effectively for around 45 minutes. I just go to bed. My vision doesn't go dark (it isn't your eyes, it is an electrical disturbance in your brain), it is more shimmery gray or really just lack of data in the visual field. You can find approximations of what the auras look like on the internet, but it isn't exactly how it looks to me.

I used to get a bad headache afterwards but now it is very dull, if at all. I just feel sort of buzzed/fatigued for the rest of the day. When mine were diagnosed, my family doctor and eye doctor said it is actually kind of common (I know a few people who get them and now there are three of us in this thread alone) but since I only get them once every year or so, there is no need for meds or other treatment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom