Anyone else having trouble re-prioritizing their rooting? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else having trouble re-prioritizing their rooting?

I found myself having to remember to root for, instead of against, Duke & UNC.
when we are not on the bubble... i root for absolutely NO ONE ELSE. Its a game by game choice as to who I root for. Always the lesser of the two evils.

I found myself having to remember to root for, instead of against, Duke & UNC.

This will be incredibly difficult for me. I kind of like Coach K and I consider myself a reformed Duke fan. But I HATE UNC and Coach Roy-boy.

Never understood the support your conference/division thing.
I always felt it should be like Yankee fans detesting Boston and it's fans.
When Georgetown played , a natural disaster was the only acceptable outcome.
That being said, I wont have any problem rooting against our ACC bretheren.
Although, IF it benefits Syracuse,during the season, I can probably be swayed to temporarily support a team

I always rooted for Big East teams playing out of conference, especially in NCAA tournament. Although the one exception was Pitt after they hired Holland. I always watched the other Big East teams play whenever I possibly could.
But I'm not only having trouble rooting for these ACC teams I'm having trouble even watching them. I have no idea why, but I don't seem to care one way or another. Last night watching NC St., Miami and BC was like having to drink that crapp the night before a colon procedure. Hopefully, that will change soon because this winter it's going to be hard to watch Clemson/Va. Tech instead of Vill/St.Johns. Maybe it's like going through a divorce and missing your ex for a week. But then you head up to the dome and eat pizza in section 317 and you forget all about her . I guess it's going to take some getting use to.

I always rooted for Big East teams playing out of conference, especially in NCAA tournament. Although the one exception was Pitt after they hired Holland. I always watched the other Big East teams play whenever I possibly could.
But I'm not only having trouble rooting for these ACC teams I'm having trouble even watching them. I have no idea why, but I don't seem to care one way or another. Last night watching NC St., Miami and BC was like having to drink that crapp the night before a colon procedure. Hopefully, that will change soon because this winter it's going to be hard to watch Clemson/Va. Tech instead of Vill/St.Johns. Maybe it's like going through a divorce and missing your ex for a week. But then you head up to the dome and eat pizza in section 317 and you forget all about her . I guess it's going to take some getting use to.
In 317, is that with or without clothes?

Not a Cuse fan but I am having trouble rooting for other teams in the ACC. I always watched and rooted for BE teams when they played OOC. I even caught myself this year rooting for Uconn, G-town, Nova, and St. Johns when I saw them play OOC games. I have had trouble watching teams like NC-State and Virginia and caring what they do. Maybe after a few years and battles on the hardwood, it will be easier to root for them OOC. I know a lot of Cuse fans hate Pitt, and Pitt fans, but I do root for you all OOC. It should be a fun and interesting year in the new ACC.

I always root for conference members. Even our adversaries once we are eliminated from the dance. The only exception is if will blow up my bracket.

I do find myself rooting for ACC teams more; even Duke and UNC. I really want the ACC to be considered the best basketball conference now that we are there. The good thing with the change is that I can and always will root for G'town, UCONN and Kentucky to lose.

Not a Cuse fan but I am having trouble rooting for other teams in the ACC. I always watched and rooted for BE teams when they played OOC. I even caught myself this year rooting for Uconn, G-town, Nova, and St. Johns when I saw them play OOC games. I have had trouble watching teams like NC-State and Virginia and caring what they do. Maybe after a few years and battles on the hardwood, it will be easier to root for them OOC. I know a lot of Cuse fans hate Pitt, and Pitt fans, but I do root for you all OOC. It should be a fun and interesting year in the new ACC.

It hasn't been easy so far rooting for them, but I did root for them in the challenege. But probably a couple years down the road and Time to assimilate to the ACC it will be easier to root for them out of conference.

Yes, ask me again in a couple of years. It's hard for me to imagine rooting for Duke or f UNC as a force of habit rather than in a rare, strategic situation. I had more respect for Georgetown. I guess being they are the 2 ranked opponents we have the entire season other than baylor, I should root for them to still be ranked by the time we face them in the greatest conference ever. I guess it isn't as easy for me to lose certain loyalties as it is for some. I suppose I can root for the other ACC teams a little more easily, as they for the most part been meaningless to me over the years. I'll admit there was a short period of time where I kind of like Georgia Tech, and watching stuff about Jimmy V nowadays is moving to me.

Last edited:
You don't get rings or hang a banner for winning "best conference."

If the ACC sucks it makes it that much easier for us to go undefeated and get that number one seed in the east.

If the ACC sucks it makes it that much easier for us to go undefeated and get that number one seed in the east.
This. We can root for Duke/UNC all we want OOC. All that matters is that we beat them when we play them. UNC beating Ville and MSU doesn't matter if we lose to them. We just want the #1 in the East.

I know we won it all in 2003 but what I really wanted was that coveted "best conference" trophy.

I think the reason alot of us rooted so hard for the Big East was the fact that we needed to overcompensate for our awful football league.

That's not the case anymore.

F Carolina, F Duke, F. Murray Abraham.
3879_-_animated_gif_chuck_norris_dodgeball_thumbs_up.gif

You are only ever as good as your competition. I would rather have a few losses and win a national championship than be like Kansas every year!

You are only ever as good as your competition. I would rather have a few losses and win a national championship than be like Kansas every year!

So you don't want to be like Kansas?

In the last ten seasons Kansas has won 25 tourney games...We've won fourteen.

They've been to three elite eights and two final fours. We've been to one and one respectively.

I think if you're a good team, you're a good team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom