anyone else receive email about parking for next year? | Syracusefan.com

anyone else receive email about parking for next year?

Chris02M

Football Schedule Maven
Dear Christopher ,

Thank you for your continued support of Syracuse University Athletics. The Donor Playbook is intended to be a year-long resource for you with regard to your Orange Club membership in 2019-20.

Football and men’s and women’s basketball season ticket renewals for the 2019-20 season are underway. You will receive a renewal in the mail within the next week that includes your 2019-20 football invoice. The football renewal deadline is March 8th. All basketball renewal information and a printed copy of the Donor Playbook will be mailed separately.

WHAT WILL CHANGE?
In an effort to generate the resources required for our students to compete with our peers in the top tier of the ACC and provide our teams with the means to win championships, changes have been made in the areas of donor benefit allocation, including parking options for all donors and season ticket holders.

We are implementing a new parking system as part of Syracuse University Athletics’ enhanced benefits structure. Each season, you will participate in selecting your parking based on your Donor Rank. The new Donor Rank system provides every donor with opportunities to positively impact his or her donor benefits and status. It also creates a more fair, equitable and transparent parking system.

PARKING APPLICATION PROCESS
The new parking system is based on Donor Rank, which incorporates your Annual Giving Level as the first consideration, followed by your Priority Point total, which will be used to determine your rank within your Annual Giving Level. Donor Rank will be determined at designated times throughout the year and are noted in the timeline below with the designation ‘Donor Rank Lock’.

In late March you will receive a letter detailing instructions for the parking allocation process, parking application, and parking lot maps that include updates on ADA parking and lot availability due to construction. Parking selection and purchase for the 2019 football season will begin in May. We will have parking inventory available for all season ticket holders.

Your Account Representative is: Connor J. Siskovic
Phone: (315) 443-6363,
Email: cjsiskov

Thank you for your investment in the lives of our 600 student-athletes, who proudly represent the Orange in our 20 intercollegiate sports. Your passion, commitment, and financial generosity afford our student-athletes the opportunity to excel on the fields of play and make a significant positive impact on the lives of each student. The 2018 fall results demonstrate the point:

As we celebrate our past, we boldly move forward in our efforts to graduate our student-athletes, win national championships, and provide our fans and supporters the best possible experience.

GO ORANGE!

TIMELINE FOR PARKING ALLOCATION SYSTEM

Football
March 27, 2019 - Football parking application mailed and emailed to all season ticket holders
May 15, 2019 - Football parking application deadline [DONOR RANK LOCK]
May 29–June 12, 2019 - Football parking selection process
August 16, 2019 - Football season tickets and parking mailed

Basketball
June 17, 2019 - Men’s basketball parking application mailed and emailed to all season ticket holders
August 1, 2019 - Men’s basketball parking application deadline [DONOR RANK LOCK]
August 15-29, 2019 - Men’s basketball parking selection process
Mid-October, 2019 - Men’s and women’s basketball season tickets and parking mailed

so you don't find out what lot you get until you get your tickets?

so you don't find out what lot you get until you get your tickets?
No, you will select your parking lot in the 5/29-6/12 date range. At that time, you will get locked into your lot. Your options will depend on what your giving level for the year and your priority points, as well as the inventory of parking spaces that remain. The biggest donors will get first dibs.

You will get your game and parking tickets in August.

I have football seasons in Premium Zone D, which I intentionally selected because I wanted the gift-write off on my taxes. Now, the Government has taken that away from me, and SU has further screwed me by allowing individuals paying less than half as much for a ticker ($250 vs. $150) get $5 more per ticket towards donor-level ($45 vs. $50).

giphy.gif

So does the "Premium Zone Amount" on my season ticket invoice = a donation for donor level?

They keep giving me more reasons to not renew my season tickets. I might bite the bullet for football but I will not renew my Premium A seats for basketball if I lose my stadium west parking pass. The costs are beyond the level of play.

I have football seasons in Premium Zone D, which I intentionally selected because I wanted the gift-write off on my taxes. Now, the Government has taken that away from me, and SU has further screwed me by allowing individuals paying less than half as much for a ticker ($250 vs. $150) get $5 more per ticket towards donor-level ($45 vs. $50).

giphy.gif

Cry me a river dude. Who cares? Either buy the tickets or don’t but when you start complaining about how the university and the government screwed your with regard to your season tickets and parking it’s so ridiculous. Want better parking and tickets? Pony Up and if you can or can’t don’t blame the government because you don’t get some BS write off that saves you basically nothing. Good lord. So ridiculous

Cry me a river dude. Who cares? Either buy the tickets or don’t but when you start complaining about how the university and the government screwed your with regard to your season tickets and parking it’s so ridiculous. Want better parking and tickets? Pony Up and if you can or can’t don’t blame the government because you don’t get some BS write off that saves you basically nothing. Good lord. So ridiculous

You took my post way too seriously. I figured the cartoon "anger" would be an indicator I knew i was being unreasonably sensitive. Should've used this gif instead.

Y4bGuzO.gif

I am annoyed with the AD though. Why reward people more who pay less? Seems like an easy fix too.

They keep giving me more reasons to not renew my season tickets. I might bite the bullet for football but I will not renew my Premium A seats for basketball if I lose my stadium west parking pass. The costs are beyond the level of play.

I would think if you have Premium A, especially for both sports you will be comfortably in for Dome West.

If you look at other D1 colleges they award football parking spots the same way set forth by SU Athletics today.

For example the University of South Carolina awards parking spots based upon a season ticket holders donation level and has them complete the attached form on a yearly basis.

http://thegamecockclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Football-Parking-Request-Form.pdf

The pageantry at college football is abundantly evident in the game day environment surrounding Williams-Brice Stadium. Join us!

Three easy steps to getting a parking space:
  1. Join the Gamecock Club online or by calling 803-777-4276.
    – Gamecock Club members have the exclusive right to purchase parking at the facilities listed below.
  2. Select season tickets
    – You must be a current season ticket holder to have the opportunity to select parking.

3. Please click here to see the number of spaces
    allowed per number of season tickets.
    • Select your parking space
      – Football parking selections will take place in July. Selection dates are assigned based on Gamecock Club priority points and are printed on the football renewal application.

I would think if you have Premium A, especially for both sports you will be comfortably in for Dome West.
I would think so too. Almost think they could provide some kind of estimate to help folks - eg based on last year, if you were a 10 yr holder and had donated X, you would have been able to buy XYZ lots. The first year of the transition is most confusing for people because there’s uncertainty. but guess that’s the point of the point system being on the site in March. Hopefully that clears things up.

giphy.gif

Brought this up (with SU, not the Government) and was told that this was an error, pure and simple. Ticket pricing components will be revised in 2020 to ensure preferred D is rewarded appropriately. They are working on a way to retroactively credit the 2019 piece as well but no promises there.

I've looked over my records and remembered that on 12/23/17 I paid preferred seating in advance for the 2018-19 basketball, 2019 football and 2019-2020 basketball seasons so that it could be deducted, (80% of it, as I recall), on my tax returns for 2017. I paid for 2018-19 basketball and got a receipt dated 1/29/18 that listed a "premium zone" payment of $350.00. I paid for my 2019 football tickets on 11/13/18, including a premium zone payment of $95.00. I paid for my 2019-20 basketball tickets and got a receipt dated 3/5/19 that doesn't even say what it's for acknowledging a payment of $475.00, which i think was just for the basketball tickets with the preferred seating having been paid o 12/23/17 and parking to be determined.

if the "preferred seating" or "premium zone" payments, (I assume that's the same thing), count toward the "giving level", will my 12/23/17 payments count toward it? Is it when it was paid, when it was received when it was acknowledged or the season for which it is for?

What is the "current membership year"? (Page 5 says it's July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020 but the applications for the football parking is to be mailed on March 27, 2019 and decided May 29- June 19, 2019.

I've been parking at Manley South since the Dome opened and am used to it. I just want to retain that spot. How much will I have to contribute to do that? Or do i just give as much as I can afford and hope I win the lottery?

I've looked over my records and remembered that on 12/23/17 I paid preferred seating in advance for the 2018-19 basketball, 2019 football and 2019-2020 basketball seasons so that it could be deducted, (80% of it, as I recall), on my tax returns for 2017. I paid for 2018-19 basketball and got a receipt dated 1/29/18 that listed a "premium zone" payment of $350.00. I paid for my 2019 football tickets on 11/13/18, including a premium zone payment of $95.00. I paid for my 2019-20 basketball tickets and got a receipt dated 3/5/19 that doesn't even say what it's for acknowledging a payment of $475.00, which i think was just for the basketball tickets with the preferred seating having been paid o 12/23/17 and parking to be determined.

if the "preferred seating" or "premium zone" payments, (I assume that's the same thing), count toward the "giving level", will my 12/23/17 payments count toward it? Is it when it was paid, when it was received when it was acknowledged or the season for which it is for?

What is the "current membership year"? (Page 5 says it's July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020 but the applications for the football parking is to be mailed on March 27, 2019 and decided May 29- June 19, 2019.

I've been parking at Manley South since the Dome opened and am used to it. I just want to retain that spot. How much will I have to contribute to do that? Or do i just give as much as I can afford and hope I win the lottery?
im guessing for manley you will be fine with no contribution.. as today i received the donor playbook thing in the mail. Im guessing the west parking will be the mian area where you will have to contribute to park

im guessing for manley you will be fine with no contribution.. as today i received the donor playbook thing in the mail. Im guessing the west parking will be the mian area where you will have to contribute to park

But they want us to guess. ;)

Skytop and a shuttle for $15 still seems the best to me.

I park at Skytop now. I miss the Fine Lot tailgates, but I enjoy the extra money in my pocket.

Skytop and a shuttle for $15 still seems the best to me.

Pyle, what time do you walk to queue up to catch the shuttle to make a 3:30pm kickoff for a well attended game and be in your seat for kickoff?

I just talked to them and they said the notice was supposed to go out today but looks like tomorrow now (email and snail mail).

Application will be able to be completed electronically or snail mail.

Electronic should give you alternatives if you don’t qualify, donation wise, for your preferred spot. I would call if you prefer to snail mail it and they can tell you right away what lot you qualify for. My account rep Marina told me right away my standing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom