Anyone else see Lincoln? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else see Lincoln?

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
I really enjoyed it. Thought all actors were excellent. DDL will likely win the Oscar. TLJ may as well.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Not yet. I will have to give it a try. Was it a complete drama or was there some action?

Not yet. I will have to give it a try. Was it a complete drama or was there some action?
I haven't seen the movie, but what makes you think a movie about Abe Lincoln would contain any action? He didn't really fight vampires, you know.

Reactions: CIL

Well he tapped Mary Todd a couple of times and had a laser sabre fight with Robert E. Lee.

I really enjoyed it. Thought all actors were excellent. DDL will likely win the Oscar. TLJ may as well.

Agree definite multiple Oscars. Phenomenal

See, I'm not a fan of movies expected to win awards winning awards.

See, I'm not a fan of movies expected to win awards winning awards.
DDL was exceptional. I went to see Warhorse based on the reviews and the hype. It sucked. Therefore I was skeptical about Lincoln, but took the chance because of the subject matter. I recommend it.

I haven't seen the movie, but what makes you think a movie about Abe Lincoln would contain any action? He didn't really fight vampires, you know.
Haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm in the middle of that book right now. just such an 'out-there' concept, I had to read it. Pretty good.

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm in the middle of that book right now. just such an 'out-there' concept, I had to read it. Pretty good.
Yeah, it was surprisingly entertaining.

DDL was exceptional. I went to see Warhorse based on the reviews and the hype. It sucked. Therefore I was skeptical about Lincoln, but took the chance because of the subject matter. I recommend it.

Oh, I'm planning on seeing it.

I just imagine the pitch was something like "Ok, so we're going to do a movie on Lincoln. We cast this right and it's a sure award winner. You know who we should get? Daniel Day Lewis. Plus, given his methods he'll probably start freeing slaves in the real world, which will be good pub."

I liked it, I was fully engaged by it, but I don't recommend it to anyone who is not interested in dry history. Three of the four people I went with fell asleep.

DDL has no shot at another Oscar for this. TLJ, maybe, but I think this might be Chris Walken's year (he'll get nominated for either Seven Psychopaths or A Late Quartet and should win for his very sensitive and against type portrayal in the latter - which is also my personal favorite film so far this year).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom