Anyone else terrified?! | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else terrified?!

CUSEMODE

Walk On
I’m heading up to Cuse from CT at 5am tomorrow.

I’m so excited but terrified at the same time.

We win: MD is a long distant memory.

We lose: well we all have to suffer for three weeks until we play real competition again to gauge what type of season we have this year.

Go Cuse! Hope to see a full M street tomorrow and look forward to the meet n greet w Dwight and other Cuse legends.

Sometimes you see what a team is all about with their back against the wall. If the team comes out P'd off, it could be a game. I think we'll see what type of game it'll be in the first few drives.

Also, I'm looking to move to Hartford and have done that drive a few times already. Safe travels!

I am strangely confident. Not really so much that we will win, but that we are going to play a good game and keep it within reach through.

I am also fairly confident that last week is not who we really are. We almost all saw that coming from the minute the schedule was announced. Our defense has shown in the past to be inconsistent. We could look like crap one game, but then play a defensive game like we have against Clemson or FSU the last couple of years. I think our defense will actually keep us in the game tomorrow.

I am strangely confident. Not really so much that we will win, but that we are going to play a good game and keep it within reach through.

I am also fairly confident that last week is not who we really are. We almost all saw that coming from the minute the schedule was announced. Our defense has shown in the past to be inconsistent. We could look like crap one game, but then play a defensive game like we have against Clemson or FSU the last couple of years. I think our defense will actually keep us in the game tomorrow.

Pretty much sums up where I stand.

I'm feeling a little better that our D can slow them down in a loud Dome. I think Dino calls some good plays and we get to the 20s. But we're 28 point dogs for a reason despite winning and having a 4th quarter lead at their place last year.

My fear is getting embarrassed on national tv. You will take all the air out of all that has been positive for Syracuse. With that said, I have to think the kumbaya meetings this week we will see improvement and will keep it close.

Yup. If we hang around and don’t have a nearly empty stadium for the entire fourth quarter, I’ll be satisfied.

I’m heading up to Cuse from CT at 5am tomorrow.

I’m so excited but terrified at the same time.

We win: MD is a long distant memory.

We lose: well we all have to suffer for three weeks until we play real competition again to gauge what type of season we have this year.

Go Cuse! Hope to see a full M street tomorrow and look forward to the meet n greet w Dwight and other Cuse legends.
Terrified? Really! Seems a bit over the top.

verb
past tense: terrified; past participle: terrified

1. cause to feel extreme fear.
    "the thought terrifies me"
    synonyms:petrified, scared stiff, frightened/scared out of one's wits, scared witless, frightened/scared to death, terror-stricken, terror-struck, horror-stricken, horror-struck, paralyzed with fear, horrified, panic-stricken, with one's heart in one's mouth, shaking in one's shoes, shaking like a leaf, frantic, hysterical, beside oneself; More

We’ve been housed by Clemson before. Most teams do. It’s all house money.

Few teams get the #1 team at their house on a Saturday night, let's keep it a game into the second half and see what happens. There will be upsets this week, it happens every year on the "off" weeks without ranked matchups. What can I do besides pound beer to kill the next 6 hours? GO CUSE

Im excited vs terrified. Excited to have SU in a league that allows us to play the defending National Champions in both Football and Basketball at home this year. Excited to have a dynamic head coach, AD, and Chancellor leading our University. Excited to see the Dome being refurbished, to be the Prime Time game today, Excited to have sold out crowd and most importantly excited that our beloved Syracuse Orange are relevant again.
I fully expect the team to seize this opportunity, play like this is the last game of their lives, and play with passion and incredible energy. Terrified doesn't exist in the heart of a fighter.
Lets kick the out of them.

We have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Zero reason to be scared. We have already been embarrassed on national TV, so toss that out the window. A wounded dog is a dangerous dog, and we have the scabs from last week to motivate us.

Best case scenario is Clemson struggles a bit on their first two possessions. Get a sack on TL on 3rd down...and let the dome roar LOUD for the first time since the Miami game. My hope is that Dabo echoes Spurrier after the game...”I don’t want to play here again”!!! It’s wayyyy too loud!

I'm so Jaded right now, I'm watching these fairly unheralded QB's slinging it around with ease and wonder why can't we do that right now. Yes I know it's not all Devito but man my expectations for this season have taken a hit...

You win and lose in the trenches! Hard to be optimistic after last week. I honestly don’t think this goes well but but but maybe just
Coach there rules are your rules to !! PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE ! Let’s goooooooooooooooo

Yeah never terrified as a fan. We will see what our young men our made of today though and it will have nothing to do with the final score. They got punched in the face last week and knocked to the ground. I want to see some fight...some aggression...it’s not how big the dog is in the fight, its how big the fight is in the dog!

18CD4B21-C57A-4F14-B541-C7EC6C76C03B.gif

Certainly in no way terrified...excited, juiced, pumped, energized, pleased, determined, and grateful. We have an opportunity to play the best of the best of the best at home, with a full house, on a Saturday nite, and after being with some of my favorite people at a tailgate after not being able to be there last year...and I have a ticket. I know we have to play cupcakes to get to a bowl game, but playing the best team in the country at home is an honor, an opportunity, and a memorable moment in time. Carpe diem!! Big games make for the big time. Win or lose, this game will make us better. The crowd will help the team against a superior foe. FDR said it well: “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself”. LGO!!!

I'm feeling a little better that our D can slow them down in a loud Dome. I think Dino calls some good plays.
Both are very good points which hopefully will give us a chance. However, the latter is my main concern as I go nuts at times on certain play calls and just ask myself "what in bloody blazes was that?" Gotta do better.

If anything, Clemson is the team that should be terrified. Obviously they're way better than us. But they were way better than us the past two seasons, and were an eyelash from going 0-2.