Anyone else think NC State can be this year's bracket buster? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else think NC State can be this year's bracket buster?

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
TJ Warren is the type of player that can just will his team to win some games in a tournament format.

I think they could totally win their play in game, beat St Louis, then give Louisville a scare.

I have them losing to Louisville. They could give Louisville a game but their guard play is probably subpar compared to most teams' in the Tourney. The play in game will be a home game for Xavier. 45 minutes away. That's a tough pick for me.

If they are, they should make sure we get their NCAA unit cut for this year.

I like Iowa to make the sweet 16. I think Mercer is a scary 14 seed for Duke. I am so glad we got Western Michigan over Mercer who is scary good. Duke has a tough draw Mercer then Tennessee/Iowa winner. I think UMass is the obvious 6 seed to lose to 11 seed. Whomever wins between Tennessee/Iowa will be a tough 2nd round game for Duke and I would almost pick as an upset especially if its Iowa. Iowa-Duke would be the highest scoring game or 2nd highest scoring of the opening weekend depending on the BYU-Oregon score.

Honestly, no.

They don't value the ball, they don't defend, and they don't shoot particularly well.

Gonna take more than one player to make a run.

Except, that one player is a stud. He can certainly carry them for a few games, as long as Turner provides something too.

Except, that one player is a stud. He can certainly carry them for a few games, as long as Turner provides something too.

He could, but it'd be surprising. There are too many other areas in which they'll be at a disadvantage.

They stink. Other than Virginia Tech, I think State is the worst team we played during the ACC season.

I like NC State to win the play in and beat St Louis.

Sidenote, I have no idea how far (with my brain) to put Syracuse. I have us playing Florida, but if we made it that far it means we're playing well and could very well beat Florida. My feeling about this team is the same as last year... Lose first weekend or we go to the F4.

TJ Warren is the type of player that can just will his team to win some games in a tournament format.

I think they could totally win their play in game, beat St Louis, then give Louisville a scare.

I don't think NC State is very good. They'll be a 2nd round exit, IMO. They'll win the play-in, then lose.

If NCST played Lville I think the turnover and points off of them by Lville would cost them the game. Its something they have been iffy with and its one of Lville's strengths.

longislandcuse said:
I like NC State to win the play in and beat St Louis. Sidenote, I have no idea how far (with my brain) to put Syracuse. I have us playing Florida, but if we made it that far it means we're playing well and could very well beat Florida. My feeling about this team is the same as last year... Lose first weekend or we go to the F4.

Do two sheets. One Syracuse all the way, one not. If you're doing an office pool. That's what I do and last year I won cause no one expected diddly from SU.

I think NC St loses tonight, no bracket busting for them.

Every year they've done the first 4 (since 2011) one of those teams has one at least one game past the first four. 2011 VCU got to the final four, 2012 USF lost in the 3rd round, and 2013 LaSalle lost in the sweet 16. NC St. has the potential to win another game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom