Anyone ever taken the bus down to NYC from CNY? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone ever taken the bus down to NYC from CNY?

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
My buddy and I are in Syracuse and thinking of going to pinstripe. A different friend has always taken bus up and down (lives in Bkn) and says it is quicker than train. We can always drive but just more of a hassle with parking etc.

My buddy and I are in Syracuse and thinking of going to pinstripe. A different friend has always taken bus up and down (lives in Bkn) and says it is quicker than train. We can always drive but just more of a hassle with parking etc.
I took the charter for the 2010 game and am doing so again this year. Really seamless- we got there a couple hours before kickoff and left about an hour after the game ended. Long day but it removes virtually all of the “hassle”. Well worth the cost.

I went and grabbed my buddy near albany and took the train from there. I believe the train from SYR to NYC is like 6.5 hours or so

super easy either way

My kids have and they preferred the train but the bus was fine except one kid said the plug for the phone charger didn't work. Don't know if that just happened to be that one particular seat or an ongoing problem.

I went and grabbed my buddy near albany and took the train from there. I believe the train from SYR to NYC is like 6.5 hours or so

super easy either way
I’ve been told just driving to Albany then train is a good strategy

There's charters going down and back in one day. If you're staying overnight the bus is fine. The train is probably 90mins longer than bus but more comfy.

I prefer the trrain and have done the drive/train deal as well. Mrs Crusty prefers the bus because it is faster. Wildcard is the weather, which can screw up the bus not to mention is more dangerous. Bring a battery pack for your phone and some snacks for either one.

We plan on just driving down cause we’re about 30 minutes north of Albany but I have no idea how parking is supposed to work.

I’ve always driven to Albany and then taken the train down.

last time we drove to about 20-30 miles north of the city got a hotel and then took the train into the city got off right at the stadium.. pretty easy, no parking to worry about.

I did for the BET a couple of times. It was great. Right about 4.5 hours to the Port Authority. Short walk to Penn Station. The cost of the bus vs tolls /gas is probably about break even.

There's plenty of cheap hotels for one night that are close to the train line that stops at Yankee stadium. Yonkers and north of that etc.

There's plenty of cheap hotels for one night that are close to the train line that stops at Yankee stadium. Yonkers and north of that etc.
My buddy lives around brooklyn, and my friend's cousin is in hoboken

Any stops in Hoboken? Haha
Ah, not sure. I’m always going Penn Station to get to MSG and Manhattan. That’s incredibly easy. Took it to a Mets game before too, but never been to Hoboken.

I’m going to need to figure this out in the spring - best way to get to Williamsburg area of Brooklyn?

I’ve been told just driving to Albany then train is a good strategy
We took Amtrak from Utica to NYP for the ACCT and that was great.

Getting drunk on a train is much better than getting drunk on a bus, if you plan on doing that. Coming from someone who spent many juco basketball bus trips across NY killing Miller High Life.

Took a bus to the Pinstripe Bowl when we played WVU. I’ve driven ever since.

Bus was late, bus driver was odd/mentally unbalanced. She stopped the bus to scold a young man for quietly rapping to some music he had on in his headphones. Like, stopped the bus on the highway, took him off and said she’ll leave him. He wasn’t bothering a soul. Other little things happened, too, that added up.

I know that’s not the typical experience, but just the possibility of another experience like that was enough to make me drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom