Anyone going to the Landmark/Waters interview | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone going to the Landmark/Waters interview

I’m not sure I’ve ever gone quite as insane at a sporting event as I did after Jeremy’s tip in against Pitt. What a game. The Dome had an extra gear that entire second half that I’m not sure I’ve ever felt at a b-ball game, for as long as I did at that game.

And then Brandin Knight hit the shot after the buzzer and the review went on for what felt like an eternity.

The problem with living across the country. Looks like it was a great event, and as Bballbeadle said, I hope I will have an option to see it at some point.
Tonight's event was called the "premier" which sounds to me as if it will be shown again in some form. Would make sense with so many Cuse fans across the country and world. One of the more moving moments of the night was when Kueth, who is very well spoken, was talking about the reach of SU hoops and he talked about a child who was fleeing the war in Sudan and was in a refugee camp a wearing a #13 SU jersey. The picture of that kid in my mind brought a tear to my eye.

Last edited:
Jeremy McNeil! So great to see him. His FTs and putback against Pitt was one of the best moments of that season.
I’ll never forget that game. Pitt was #2 and about to be #1 if they could escape the Dome with a win. I scalped better seats than I had and ended up in the removable bleachers with a zillion people from Scranton. That might be my favorite game ever in any sport. Oh what a night.

I wonder if they will sell a DVD. Do people still use DVDs? I still do, I've bought a lot of box sets throughout the years ( Band of Brothers, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Hogan's Heroes, i.e). I hope they sell a DVD.

I wonder if they will sell a DVD. Do people still use DVDs? I still do, I've bought a lot of box sets throughout the years ( Band of Brothers, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Hogan's Heroes, i.e). I hope they sell a DVD.
I still have a DVD player also, with several that I watch, particularly my Christmas movies :)

The event was really well done. Couple of thoughts or assumptions
1) seems like the team really cared and still cares for each other, and everyone seems to be doing well in life
2) Josh Pace may have seemed quiet at SU but he is pretty vocal now (in a good way).
3) Keuth may be the coolest man on the planet.
4) Gmac is really an excellent public speaker.
5) the MVC of that team seemed to be Troy Weaver - everyone spoke very highly of him.
6) JB did a nice job highlighting the contributions that everyone made (except possibly Forth who I didn't realize was there until I saw the Waters photo).

The event was really well done. Couple of thoughts or assumptions
1) seems like the team really cared and still cares for each other, and everyone seems to be doing well in life
2) Josh Pace may have seemed quiet at SU but he is pretty vocal now (in a good way).
3) Keuth may be the coolest man on the planet.
4) Gmac is really an excellent public speaker.
5) the MVC of that team seemed to be Troy Weaver - everyone spoke very highly of him.
6) JB did a nice job highlighting the contributions that everyone made (except possibly Forth who I didn't realize was there until I saw the Waters photo).
Josh seemed to want to make his opinion of JB very clear to all and he did it very well. As a coach himself, I wonder if Josh feels for what JB has gone through over the past few months.

McNeil AND Billy there really makes me happy.

Melo and Warrick were here for the last one.

Forth was at least on the zoom thing in 2020.

For the 25 year can we get all 8 that played?!!

Plus Gorman, Herron, Albright, Brooks, Kouwe, Hall, and Gaines? Every single player? That would be something.
Forth, Gorman and Albright were there. Don’t know about the others.

We don't win the title without Jeremy McNeil. His defense on the back of the press against Oklahoma St. won that game when Syracuse was almost dead and buried.
And that is what made this team so special. Every player played a role that you can look back on now and say "without that, we don't win". Melo vs. Texas all game long, GMac versus Kansas in the first half, Jeremy and Billy versus Ok State in the comeback, Hak vs. Kansas at the end.

I’m not sure I’ve ever gone quite as insane at a sporting event as I did after Jeremy’s tip in against Pitt. What a game. The Dome had an extra gear that entire second half that I’m not sure I’ve ever felt at a b-ball game, for as long as I did at that game.

I have a very different memory of that game. I'd bought tickets to go with my dad (which I'd left at his house). I was working at the time at a horrible company with a boss who had no regard for work-life balance near Albany, NY. The site I managed started having issues late Friday night, and my boss demanded that I go in to get things resolve (in spite of that fact I wasn't on call and he knew I was going to the Syracuse game).

I ended up continually adjusting my plans with my dad through the day on Saturday as the site was still struggling until I realized there was no way I was going to make it, so he went with my mother instead. Part of me thought I might have left the tickets at his house because in the back of my mind I thought something like this might happen. I got out of work around 7:30PM, went home and watched the game on TV getting increasingly pi**ed I wasn't there. I updated my resume that Sunday, started sending it out that week and had a new job about 6 weeks later (right before the Final Four).

I've used that story when interviewing people when they asked about work life balance, and said if they ever felt like they were even remotely close to remembering a day the way I still remember 2/1/03 - I'd find a way to make sure that didn't happen. My former boss got fired a couple months after I left, and I'm not ashamed to admit I organized a group from that place to celebrate his sacking at the Lark Street bars in Albany that night. I couldn't even guess how many Irish Car Bombs I drank that night.

Its been 20 years, and I'd still be tempted to run that mofo over if I saw him walking across a street.

On the other hand, my mother still talks about how that was the best game she's ever gone to.

One other comment. I thought it was a good move to include Bernie. Also big of Kueth to go to his house.
Was Bernie at the Landmark - he should have been there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom