Anyone have any experience with Youtube TV | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone have any experience with Youtube TV

One other thing to add.. The speed of your network is not the speed of the site you are accessing.. ISPs can and will throttle certain sites. Maybe your ISP throttles all 4k streams because they dont have the bandwidth to handle people using it at that speed. Still a 30MBPS connection is pretty slow these days to be shared in a house.

One other thing to add.. The speed of your network is not the speed of the site you are accessing.. ISPs can and will throttle certain sites. Maybe your ISP throttles all 4k streams because they dont have the bandwidth to handle people using it at that speed. Still a 30MBPS connection is pretty slow these days to be shared in a house.
Ok...so I hooked up an Apple TV to my Samsung TV that was having issues streaming the 4k events and suddenly the issues are resolved and the youtube stats for nerds is now consistently over 100 mbps...on the same wifi network that the TV itself was getting 40/50 mbps on when using the smart TVs own internal youtube TV AP??

So must be the apple TV device has a more powerful wifi card or something

no doubt the devices all do things differently.. one of the downsides to internal TV streaming is that you cant improve it when it goes bad. sometimes changing from wifi to wired will make a big difference as well.

wifi is all over the place anyway. you could also add something like a wifi over power device to a tv thats not near an ethernet cord and that can be very useful.

I didnt go back and read the whole thread.. But one big issue with firetv is that if is terribly short on ram.. it caches way to much and they didnt leave much for cache and apps to work in.. you really need to be progressive in going in and removing apps you dont watch and cleaning up cache regularly on the fire tv devices..

We landed the white whale folks

This is big for me. Buffalo bills games every week !!

This makes sense on a lot of levels.

It's also going to hurt satellite providers a lot.

This makes sense on a lot of levels.

It's also going to hurt satellite providers a lot.
considering Directv lost 500 million a yr on the deal maybe not so much. And its just an add on channel so anyone can get this now for the $300 or so it will cost.

considering Directv lost 500 million a yr on the deal maybe not so much. And its just an add on channel so anyone can get this now for the $300 or so it will cost.
DirecTV may have been damned if they do, damned if they don't. Some percentage of their users stuck around entirely for Sunday ticket.

I am sure some will leave.. Im there until the end as its the best service and saving a few dollars for a far worse experience just isnt worth it.

One nice thing is you can get sat almost anywhere. you cant stream everywhere as easily. I cant even stream off my phone at my house if i wanted too. I can use the sat when the power goes out.. Cant stream nothing.

I am sure some will leave.. Im there until the end as its the best service and saving a few dollars for a far worse experience just isnt worth it.

One nice thing is you can get sat almost anywhere. you cant stream everywhere as easily. I cant even stream off my phone at my house if i wanted too. I can use the sat when the power goes out.. Cant stream nothing.
Fair point.

I got off the DTv teat last year. Everytime it rained even a little , lost signal. Power outages are quite rare relative to rain here

I got off the DTv teat last year. Everytime it rained even a little , lost signal. Power outages are quite rare relative to rain here
I would say if you added all the time I have lost my sat due to rain compared to all the times I have lost power or internet the last 20 yrs its easily 100x less. if you lost signal due to rain for more than 20-30 mins in a major storm then you had alignment issues.. even then a few min outage is worth it with such a better service. often for me it wasnt the rain it was the clouds that caused the outage or the trees leaves that were wet,

I would say if you added all the time I have lost my sat due to rain compared to all the times I have lost power or internet the last 20 yrs its easily 100x less. if you lost signal due to rain for more than 20-30 mins in a major storm then you had alignment issues.. even then a few min outage is worth it with such a better service. often for me it wasnt the rain it was the clouds that caused the outage or the trees leaves that were wet,
No idea what you are talking about with better service. I get the same experience , much more portable, at a fraction of the cost. No equipment to lease or buy. If they cost the same , I’d still pick YouTube Tv. But that’s just me. I’ve had DTV in 3 separate cities in vastly different climates , and in each, any type of rain and service went to crap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom