anyone play gold today in the orange pack outing | Syracusefan.com

anyone play gold today in the orange pack outing

upperdeck

Living Legend
although i would assume most who did are likely still there eating.. i couldnt get out of conflicts with school events but it was a good event last time i played with a few from the board..

so does this mean noone on the board played golf with the coaches yesterday?

so does this mean noone on the board played golf with the coaches yesterday?

OE and I played with Coach Lea. Will have some details on it tonight. Suffice it for now to say that it was a great time, Scott Shafer is a terrific speaker and everyone who attended is very excited about the program.

Second year in a row I couldn't attend. One comment I would tell the Organizers is they need to have an event planner with an email or cell phone. I can never get info from anyone in Feb or Mar. I have to plan my NY trips well in advance. SU got my money directly anyways...but I would've loved to sponsor a package through them.

Second year in a row I couldn't attend. One comment I would tell the Organizers is they need to have an event planner with an email or cell phone. I can never get info from anyone in Feb or Mar. I have to plan my NY trips well in advance. SU got my money directly anyways...but I would've loved to sponsor a package through them.
I didn't even know they had the tournament. I would have loved to have played.

The weather was fairly miserable last night. The only two guys on course yesterday were a priest and a grounds keeper.

round of his life!

OE and I played with Coach Lea. Will have some details on it tonight. Suffice it for now to say that it was a great time, Scott Shafer is a terrific speaker and everyone who attended is very excited about the program.

He seems to have enjoyed himself...

Coach Lea@Coach_Lea16h
Orange Club Golf Outing in Seneca Falls a blast! We muscled through the rain, and got to listen to Coach Shafer get fired up! #CuseFamily

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp5e1643b5.png
Don't forget there was an elderly couple. "That was a peach, hon."

I was also there. We played great until we got called off the course. 6 under through 9. Spoke to Shaf, Daoust and Chuck for awhile.

Coach Reed and Smith are both extremely nice guys, well spoken and polite. McDonald, Moore and Lester were on the west coast getting ready to hang out with Coach Harbaugh (Shafer hooked them up). He felt it was important that his whole staff be at the golf outing (and apologized they weren't all there), but felt this was a great opportunity for them to be mentored by a great friend and coach, Harbaugh. He promised that the whole staff would be in attendance next year.

This staff as a whole is like a big brotherhood... the chemistry between them is great to witness. The players must be completely drawn to it.

Introduced some of the GA's, one of which is helping Eric White with recruiting and told us to "prepare for a top 25 class". There are other things Shafer said about many 4 and 5 star kids, which caused me to laugh out loud, but I won't add that here. He said this program WILL win with kids who want to be here, not kids that need to be coddled and begged to come here. loved everything else he said, but I will leave it at that.

Shafer was presented with a hammer. He started off his speech holding the hammer. It was funny.

I will say that listening to Shafer is truly a pleasure. The man is passionate, used some off-the-record language and has a genuine desire to build SU football into a perennial winner. I could not be happier that he got the HC gig.

I will say that when I walked out of dinner, I was jacked up... Penn St cannot come soon enough.

I love SU Football. Coach Shafer does too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom