Anyone try Hieros on James street in Syracuse?

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
That looks great, going to try it during my lunch Tuesday.
Eastwood? Nice. Sounds like Brooklyn Pickle has some competition! I gotta check it out too.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate
Eastwood? Nice. Sounds like Brooklyn Pickle has some competition! I gotta check it out too.
I am ALWAYS down for a great sandwich/sub. Love the Pickle, Darwins and Today’s Special.

always been surprised Eastwood doesn’t have more neighborhood bars/eateries like Tipp.

Last edited:

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate
That naan bread pizza looks amazing. The only thing I don't like about that menu is the ciabatta bread. I think I am the only person who doesn't like it.
You are alone sir

orangenauburn

2019 Cali Winner (Receiving TDs)
Ciabatta with a drizzle of olive oil and pesto sauce ... Mwuah ... Nice piece of fresh moozadell, tomato, and some Capi

Heaven

Noexcuse

Hall of Fame
I am ALWAYS down for a great sandwich/sub. Love the Pickle, Darwins and Today’s Special.

always been surprised Eastwood doesn’t have more neighborhood bars/eateries like Tipp.
Give me the good old days of Steak and Sundae and Arturo's.

maxxyz

Starter
Give me the good old days of Steak and Sundae and Arturo's.
I loved Arturo's. Great food and I loved the pizza. Owner Art Belge was a neighborhood fixture and quite the character.

Over the past decade Eastwood has made some substantial improvements to the James Street strip, and its attracted some newer eateries. Sinbad's is great middle eastern food and I'd recommend it highly. Goodies has been a staple for over a decade. A Taste of Philadelphia has been open for a while and is going strong. Pie Guys pizzaria is great, and I haven't been to Hiero's but now I'll have to try it. None of these places are fancy, mostly take out style, but all very solid.

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I usually eat at Goodies 2-3 times a summer when up north They have a great lunch special if you are really hungry. They also have done Groupon's in the past.

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
If you like fried haddock, the Fish Cove in Shop City is top notch. It has been there since at least the early 1970s.

Orangello

All American
If you like fried haddock, the Fish Cove in Shop City is top notch. It has been there since at least the early 1970s.
Big thumbs up for Fish Cove. Great food and nice people.

shandeezy7

Hall of Fame
We used to get Fish Cove all the time when we lived over on Herbst Ave.

OttoMets

Living Legend
Tried this place last week; London broil and Cuban were solid. Nothing to write home about, but good. Sneaky-nice atmosphere for a takeout place, they have a few drafts and wine and most people were politely drinking when I was there. Though I guess that's going to die off in coming days. They could probably use all the takeout business they can get in the short-term, come to think of it.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate
Reminds me of Gino’s in Fayetteville. Panini’s and sandwiched are pretty good

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom