Anyone watch App St vs Ccarolina last night? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone watch App St vs Ccarolina last night?

Iony44ny

Walk On
I just caught bit and pieces, but I thought SU offense was going too be like Coastals. It seemed very creative. QB fake draw=wide open receiver in middle of field. Double reverse flea flicker=TD(is that even legal? Lol) Fake jet sweep and pass too the guy it was faked too, hit in stride with defense going other way because pre snap shift(seemed like they use a lot of pre snap movement to open things up. From what I saw it was a very creative offense and they are now 7-1, or 8-1, I thought that’s what SU was getting with Anae. SU offense doesn’t have that many injuries (compared to D) but if other receivers can’t get open, someone needs to scheme them open. The D would still be dominating, even with injuries, if O could sustain more than one or two drives a game. Just my stoner opinion

I wonder when one of the big boys is going to hire that Coastal coach? He’s done well without many resources.

Florange44
Georgia Tech should absolutely try and get him. they aren't exactly a big boy but a bigger boy than a G5 team.

There's a question of culture with that HC. He's a bit too wild for some schools - GTech included. Plus they run an option based scheme that is not exactly the current flavor of things. He's a specific kind of fit.

A cultural fit + P5 + down on their luck enough to try the option + is the job open? A short list.

I just caught bit and pieces, but I thought SU offense was going too be like Coastals. It seemed very creative. QB fake draw=wide open receiver in middle of field. Double reverse flea flicker=TD(is that even legal? Lol) Fake jet sweep and pass too the guy it was faked too, hit in stride with defense going other way because pre snap shift(seemed like they use a lot of pre snap movement to open things up. From what I saw it was a very creative offense and they are now 7-1, or 8-1, I thought that’s what SU was getting with Anae. SU offense doesn’t have that many injuries (compared to D) but if other receivers can’t get open, someone needs to scheme them open. The D would still be dominating, even with injuries, if O could sustain more than one or two drives a game. Just my stoner opinion
Our guys just need to catch the ball. You can’t give up countless first downs with the ball going off your face mask . Anae’s scheme was fine when guys were catching the ball and Shrader was healthy enough to run.

Elmore would have been very useful in this offense as well. He’s miles ahead of Hoeh when it comes to what they’re asked to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom