Anyone watch wrestling? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone watch wrestling?

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
I'm talking wwe. I was a big fan as a kid, stopped watching for years, but I'm getting back into it. Wonder if anyone wants to discuss current wrestlers/storylines etc.

I went over to my cousins house for a little while and he was watching WWE. The characters now-a-days are not nearly as entertaining or creative imo. Also the move to a TVPG rating is terrible.

I was a big fan back in the attitude era... The days of the Rock Austin mankind and all the other badass guys, they had great story lines too... I've tried to get back into it just because the rock has come back but it's still tough...some characters aren't bad like cena and punk aren't bad but they need to get to get rock Austin and some on the other oldies...

not as much as I used to, but I tune in from time to time. I really like Punk - he is terrific on the stick.

Just female mud wrestling.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

not as much as I used to, but I tune in from time to time. I really like Punk - he is terrific on the stick.

Agreed. The attitude era is unmatched. It is what it is though. What many don't understand about wrestling is that it is exactly what the E stands for in WWE: Entertainment. The storylines/ability to cut promos ie talking are as important as the actual wrestling. Best athletes in the world, IMO.

Punk has had the title for over a year now. He is an incredible heel (opposite of face; someone the crowd is supposed to dislike) and amazing on the mic.

Vince is losing his touch, according to many WWE diehards. The PG era move was really more of his wife's decision as well. Not to mention, I think they realized repeated chair shots to the head wasn't healthy.

killing the gimmics killed wrestling.

wcw was headed in that direction and wwe sealed the deal when wcw went down.
wwf had it all beating out wcw. They should have started 2 leagues a gimmic and a nongimmic if they had to. Not to be sour but they blew it bigtime. haven't watched it ever since.

the old ecw was great to watch as a kid. I used to watch all the old ecw and japanese deathmatch stuff. Some of those guys were nuts halfway to martyrdom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom