Anyone Watching ‘The Last of Us’ on HBO? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone Watching ‘The Last of Us’ on HBO?

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
New series. Episode 1 dropped last week. Episode 2 debuts at 9 pm EST tonight,

Horror sci-if. Production values are good. I thought the first episode was well done.

Episode 1 will be re-shown on HBO2 tonight at 7:35 so you can check it out if it sounds up your alley.

Yes. I think it's going to be a downer, which is fine. If you like your post apocalyptic landscape to trend a little more hopeful, Station Eleven was excellent.

Daughter plays hockey. Last week, was watching game before hers and noticed lights along the boards that are not usually there. Wife and I were talking about the lights later that night and the thought occurred to me that as I was walking to the stands afterwards, I saw a couple talking to each other by way of ASL, and maybe that was reason for the lights. Next day a news article comes out about a 9-year old hockey player who also has a role in The Last of Us.

9-year old hockey player / The Last of US

do i need to finish the game first.. that will take me about 2 more yrs

Haha I got through about half of the game. So far I gotta say game was creepier than the series so far 2 episodes in. I remember when playing it how good this would be as a series.

The flashbacks are really well done as well not to mention a concept that while science fiction, incorporates a real fungus.

Last edited:
My god, tonight's episode was beautiful. What an achievement.
I really, really liked this week's episode. It was the first major difference from the game, and they hit it out of the park.

This is the first series since GOT that has me truly hooked, and after this week can not expect a copy and paste from the game.

9/10.

I really, really liked this week's episode. It was the first major difference from the game, and they hit it out of the park.

This is the first series since GOT that has me truly hooked, and after this week can not expect a copy and paste from the game.

9/10.

The concept was always going to be good but it was a masterclass in adding to the story and enhancing it.

The concept was always going to be good but it was a masterclass in adding to the story and enhancing it.
Nick Offerman was really impressive. Always like him, did not know he was capable of going against cast like this.

Loved that scene at the end when they get in the truck and Ellie is so wowed by the technology of what looks to be a Chevy S10 circa 2008.

Really looking forward to episode 4. It looks like it going to be action packed.

Nick Offerman was really impressive. Always like him, did not know he was capable of going against cast like this.

Loved that scene at the end when they get in the truck and Ellie is so wowed by the technology of what looks to be a Chevy S10 circa 2008.

Really looking forward to episode 4. It looks like it going to be action packed.

Yeah I would never have placed him for this kind of role but he is excellent in it. The outdoorsman aspect is very much wheelhouse but the relationship and emotional aspect not so much.

One of the best parts of both the game and series is that it breaches into reality to the extent you would never have these infected around every corner and quiet areas is a natural realistic expectation.

Here is a link to podcasts about the series. They do one for each episode. Insiders do it. Good stuff...

My god, tonight's episode was beautiful. What an achievement.
the movie, "Up" during the scene where they show Carl and Ellie aging (and falling in love). The TLOU episode was equally powerful and poignant. It was probably one of the best series episodes of any show I've seen in years. Offerman and Bartlett were outstanding.

Daughter plays hockey. Last week, was watching game before hers and noticed lights along the boards that are not usually there. Wife and I were talking about the lights later that night and the thought occurred to me that as I was walking to the stands afterwards, I saw a couple talking to each other by way of ASL, and maybe that was reason for the lights. Next day a news article comes out about a 9-year old hockey player who also has a role in The Last of Us.

9-year old hockey player / The Last of US
I hope the kid makes it. But as a former player, seems to me that things could get dicey not being able to hear when you reach the level where hitting is allowed. The game moves very fast and has unpredictable / rapid directional changes . Play is often not in front of your field of vision. Being able to hear really helps you from getting drilled from the side. Obviously getting drilled from in front of you means your head was down , and that’s on you .

Yes. I think it's going to be a downer, which is fine. If you like your post apocalyptic landscape to trend a little more hopeful, Station Eleven was excellent.
Station 11 was refreshing in that there was no zombie business going on, which to me is pretty played out

I’m 2 episodes in but it warms my heart to see people loving a show made by my favorite video game company. The first episode was pretty much shot for shot the prologue of the game and it was glorious.

I’m 2 episodes in but it warms my heart to see people loving a show made by my favorite video game company. The first episode was pretty much shot for shot the prologue of the game and it was glorious.

Yeah it's made me want to play the game again. Good news is while it doesn't follow the script 100 pct you will very much enjoy the others too.

Played through the entire game a few years back. Haven’t seen any of the show yet, usually like to wait until it’s all released. The game was very cinematic so I have no doubt it should be good fodder for a show.

Got caught up on the first five episodes earlier this week.

Have to suspend some disbelief on Kansas City, but that was an awesome action scene. Emotional ending to episode 5, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom