AP 4, Coaches 5. | Syracusefan.com

AP 4, Coaches 5.

Nova went to 14 AP/ 19 Coaches which is too low IMO for their wins over Kansas and Iowa. I am glad we moved up, but the only poll that matter is one the Committee comes up with the first or second week in March.

Its always fun poking at the rankings this early. The eye test never comes into play ( understably for the coaches) but lazy for the AP folks IMHO. MSU has beaten UK and Oklahoma. Aside from their escape vs Columbia.. I guess this is ok but the UK win is really only paper value much like MSU's pre-season high rating. UK has the loss vs #1 and some unimpressive wins otherwise. So the fact their good paper loss is their only loss keeps them ahead of several better teams with no losses.

Anyways basically its a farce this early on. Gotta watch the games to see who really has what it takes.

My best 15 I have seen in no exact order :

Louisville ( UNC game just a bad game for them but they really do look damn good)
Arizona ( Johnson makes the difference for them at G.. when he is on they are really tough to beat - I was much more impressed with them after the Duke Game)
Cuse
Iowa St ( not getting a lot of hype but they are my pick to upend KU to win the Big 12)
Wichita St ( great coach.. still plenty of talent)
Okie St ( loaded but Smart still plays too much hero ball.. def a team who could get picked off early in the tourney unless they utilize their froncourt guys more)
Dayton ( Still amazed Baylor won that game.. Dayton is a really good team and def top 15 in my book)
( hate to admit but that backcourt is good.. they aren't a threat to go all the way like with Kemba but def top 10-15 and can beat anyone)
Nova ( They are scrapping like no tomorrow.. that said the officials let a lot go in the BFA that I doubt will fly back on the mainland against good opponents)
Duke( Parker needs to take better care of the ball and Duke needs to attack the rim better. Never doubt Coach K as he will get them clicking on all cylinders)
Pitt ( Playing smart basketball and hitting their shots. Usual regular season strength coming back. Also expect the usual tourney failure)
Oregon ( Still a little out of control when they play but can't deny the talent)
Mich St ( Really nice backcourt plus Payne but I think they have some limitations to be concerned with)
Baylor ( They turn the ball over too much but there is no denying their ability to score and hit the boards. They have a really nice 6th man in O'neal and shooters all over the court)
UK - ( Ton of talent and unfortunately the Harrisons are getting better. With that said they really rely on Cauley Stein to clean up inside while letting teams get around them. Providence was basically just running Cotton around all game to get shots and had very little offense otherwise and it was still a game for a long time)

Teams on the outside -Wisky is doing well but I think once they start playing some better defensive comp they will fall off. Kansas - other than beating Duke by surprise I really don't like this team as it stands. They are just too young at this point and the talent is not good enough to overcome the youth. Similar to UCLA last year IMHO. Ohio St - inflated ranking in my opinion. Marquette is not that good this year and that is all they have to lay claim too. Not impressed watching them so far.

Wisconsin lost to carleton...

Carlton_Fresh_Prince_of_Bel_Air_290x400.jpg

Carlton...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors