Are people still watching The Leftovers this season? | Syracusefan.com

Are people still watching The Leftovers this season?

Wonderful show and the second season is incredible.

Thought the Job reference to Matt was a bit over the top obvious, but that's a minor quibble.

It's rare to see a show that's so sure of itself in a second season when the first wasn't that well received. The prehistoric opening was one of the best things I've seen on tv this year.

Wonderful show and the second season is incredible.

Thought the Job reference to Matt was a bit over the top obvious, but that's a minor quibble.

It's rare to see a show that's so sure of itself in a second season when the first wasn't that well received. The prehistoric opening was one of the best things I've seen on tv this year.

Nobody opens a season like Damon Lindelof.

Yes. Extremely underrated show. I liked the first season way more than most (Carrie Coon should have won an Emmy for 'Guest') but think this season is even better.

(Spoiler alert) Looking forward to seeing if Kevin is really dead on Sunday.

Though I will say - while I like the song - the new opening this season doesn't really fit the vibe of the show imo.

Every week, I think this week's episode couldn't possibly be as good as last week's. Every week I'm wrong. This show is incredible. I thought they were finally going to break the streak when they did an episode about two characters I didn't care about at all from last season, Laurie and Tom. I was so riveted I think I forgot to breath during most of it.

Week 1, I hated the new intro and song. I thought the one from season one was amazing. It has steadily grown on me and I love it now. Lyrically it's perfect and it's so jarringly different from the tone of the show I think it works perfectly.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the International Assassin episode...and..I am at a loss for words

STEVEHOLT said:
Just finished watching the International Assassin episode...and..I am at a loss for words

Reminded me a bit of Tony in the coma.

I didn't love this episode, but it was pretty ballsy and have to respect that.

Finest episode of TV I've seen in the last several years. Transcendent.

Lindelof ran the table. Pretty much a perfect season of TV. LOST will always be my favorite show, but I think this was the best season of any show I've ever seen.

Lindelof ran the table. Pretty much a perfect season of TV. LOST will always be my favorite show, but I think this was the best season of any show I've ever seen.

very touching final moment of the season.

STEVEHOLT said:
very touching final moment of the season.

It was nice to have a happy ending on such a bleak show. And for the first time in the series I understood the Guilty Remnant. I actually liked what they did with Jardin.

It was an excellent season. I do hope that next season is the last. "What?" shows should not go on for too long.

donniesyracuse said:
It was an excellent season. I do hope that next season is the last. "What?" shows should not go on for too long.

I'd be shocked if it comes back. I read a USA Network rerun of SVU beat it one week.

They told a great story and I'm satisfied by it.

I'd be shocked if it comes back. I read a USA Network rerun of SVU beat it one week.

They told a great story and I'm satisfied by it.

My only hope is that it is on HBO has doesn't have to care about ratings as much. It helps that all the big critics (Sepinwall, etc) love it. Hell, Lindelof even won over Andy Greenwald.

I can't stop watching but it's so dark it makes me feel gloomy.

Great start to season 3. I still have zero idea what is going on but whatevs

This continues to be the best show on television in my humble opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom