Are the refs making up for the lack of sanctions against UNC? | Syracusefan.com

Are the refs making up for the lack of sanctions against UNC?

Alsacs

Living Legend
I mean wow have the Zebras killed UNC in this UNC-UGA game.
I mean wow these refs have made EVERY break for UGA.

When unbiased announcers on ESPN are calling out the refs during the broadcast, you know it's bad.

Now they just overturned the catch. Wow. This is borderline criminal officiating.

Well... Refs saved the SEC from total embarrassment. That phantom second PI changed the game. Followed up by multiple controversial penalties, all going against UNC.

UNC got jobbed if this were happening to SU I would be insane. UNC does deserve some crap for them basically getting away with NCAA violations.

These penalties have been awfully skewed against UNC and these reviews are awful. UGA is getting away with OL holds as well.

I don't care about UNC, but they have consistently boned UNC in this game with the calls... it's pretty obvious and the officials should be embarrassed. Georgia was not going to lose this game in the Georgia Dome. They're doing their part to make sure of it.

Until the SEC officials called two penalties on SU for pants above the knees (1997) I never even knew it was a rule.

#thefixisalwaysin

I couldn't be an official with this setup...you watch the replay booth call a non-catch on a play where you clearly missed a PI penalty on GA's DB who grabbed the player 3 seconds too early...then to watch it be over-turned...after calling all those penalties, including the BS PI penalty before...I mean, I couldn't do it.

This crew should be suspended in my opinion, they've been that bad

Larry Fedora should take the fine and say something about this. These calls were way too curious.

Fedora should get his money's worth in the postgame press conference.
The refs totally boned his team. I mean people complain about refs all the time but this game was exactly what people complain about.

Until the SEC officials called two penalties on SU for pants above the knees (1997) I never even knew it was a rule.

#thefixisalwaysin
Sorry to nitpick (ok, I'm not. I'm a stickler for historical accuracy) it was '98. McNabb's senior year in the opener against Tennessee.

#thefixisalwaysin
I remember the one at Tennessee. Unreal!

I remember the one at Tennessee. Unreal!
Two in the same game. Both stopped promising drives. I believe one canceled out a play that gave us a first down inside the 20. I think we then missed a fg. I've watched replays of that game. Most people complain about the pass interference. I've watched that in slow motion and that was actually the right call. It shouldn't have come to that though. Without the screwjobs earlier in the game we're up double digits.

Two in the same game. Both stopped promising drives. I believe one canceled out a play that gave us a first down inside the 20. I think we then missed a fg. I've watched replays of that game. Most people complain about the pass interference. I've watched that in slow motion and that was actually the right call. It shouldn't have come to that though. Without the screwjobs earlier in the game we're up double digits.

Just out of curiosity, has anybody ever seen that penalty called in a game since?

I'm not suggesting that it hasn't been called, but I haven't seen it in nearly two decades since our game against Tennessee. And we had it called TWICE that game.

I'm really interested in hearing if anyone has ever seen that particular uniform penalty called since.

Just out of curiosity, has anybody ever seen that penalty called in a game since?

I'm not suggesting that it hasn't been called, but I haven't seen it in nearly two decades since our game against Tennessee. And we had it called TWICE that game.
I've seen it once. I think it was last year, don't remember the game, it wasn't one of ours. It led me to give my wife a history lesson about that Tennessee game.

Sorry to nitpick (ok, I'm not. I'm a stickler for historical accuracy) it was '98. McNabb's senior year in the opener against Tennessee.

That's right. It was '98. I feel so ashamed. :oops:

I mean wow have the Zebras killed UNC in this UNC-UGA game.
I mean wow these refs have made EVERY break for UGA.

Will never cry for the tar holes but this is on top of the epic screw job in that ACC title game on the onsides kick. You knew Swofford's marching orders to those refs last December was if it gets close protect Clemson.

and calling conservative plays on the last offensive possession.

Will never cry for the tar holes but this is on top of the epic screw job in that ACC title game on the onsides kick. You knew Swofford's marching orders to those refs last December was if it gets close protect Clemson.
I wasn't upset at all for UNC but when people say refs screwed my team that game last night was an actual case it happened.

The PIs on UNC, the penalty on the coach, the wrong call on illegal down field, the multiple missed holding calls,the overturn on the obvious catch. I mean the refs killed UNC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom