Are we asleep on NIL? | Syracusefan.com

Are we asleep on NIL?

Crusty

Living Legend
First off let me state that I am no expert on NIL and am not sure there are any yet.
However, it appears that we may have Federal Legislation that will set the baseline. The only thing that appears certain is that schools will not be allowed to make direct payments.

If (geez I said IF) third parties are eligible to make unrestricted payments there may be a role for fan organizations (like this group in some form).

Good article here.

1. There might be possibilities of making NIL payments as a group in some form (unaffiliated or otherwise).
  2. We might be able to play a role as sort of an aggregater for local businesses.
  3. Support the businesses that support our athletes.
Anyone with ideas or thoughts please share.
LGO!

No. Believe it or not we've been ahead on a bunch of things related to it.

We only lag from financial support for players from community so far , although Buddy seems to be doing ok in Hoops

No. Believe it or not we've been ahead on a bunch of things related to it.

We only lag from financial support for players from community so far , although Buddy seems to be doing ok in Hoops
What has been done?

What has been done?
I'm not an expert but the school has provided programs, classes, training, guidance, and support in dealing with contracts and the legal matters involved with the deals.

They are also sharing merchandise rights as well, I believe.

Some other people on this board are much better versed on it and it has been discussed in the past on here what the school has been doing and how we are only one of a handful or the only school to be doing such and such with NIL.

Multiple players have weekly radio hits they get money for, Tucker has a shirt deal.
Imagine the possible revenue if they'd give the kid 44. I'd buy a half dozen the day they're available.

Edit: I wonder how many people are holding off buying the 34 jersey in anticipation of him getting 44?

Last edited:
Imagine the possibly revenue if they'd give the kid 44. I'd buy a half dozen the day they're available.

Edit: I wonder how many people are holding of buying the 34 jersey in anticipation of him getting 44?
Nashon's Tucker thread indicates the Tucker t-shirts are selling very well.

The businesses that use our coaches could also use the team.
Crouse comes to mind

First off let me state that I am no expert on NIL and am not sure there are any yet.
However, it appears that we may have Federal Legislation that will set the baseline. The only thing that appears certain is that schools will not be allowed to make direct payments.

If (geez I said IF) third parties are eligible to make unrestricted payments there may be a role for fan organizations (like this group in some form).

Good article here.

1. There might be possibilities of making NIL payments as a group in some form (unaffiliated or otherwise).
  2. We might be able to play a role as sort of an aggregater for local businesses.
  3. Support the businesses that support our athletes.
Anyone with ideas or thoughts please share.
LGO!
Create a major within the Falk School

Just curious, but how many players in the ACC have a big time NIL deal?

none I know of. SU is doing everything they can and are allowed to. Those million dollar deals and free cars have nothing to do with the schools (or aren’t supposed to). They are businesses dealing with the kids.

none I know of. SU is doing everything they can and are allowed to. Those million dollar deals and free cars have nothing to do with the schools (or aren’t supposed to). They are businesses dealing with the kids.
Yes, that's what I am talking about. The fans and businesses not the school.

So businesses need to reach out to players or players to businesses?

Imagine the possibly revenue if they'd give the kid 44. I'd buy a half dozen the day they're available.

Edit: I wonder how many people are holding of buying the 34 jersey in anticipation of him getting 44?
Is the school allowed to partner with Tucker and 44? Tucker gets his name cut, school gets its 44 revenue. To me? This is the only reason he wouldn't get 44. School wants its cut, and they won't surrender 44 revenue to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom